I'm Sure I'm Not Supposed To Say This

Tony Turner

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

.........but I've just played Wayne Fontana-Something Keeps Calling Me Back for the first time in many years and it sounded great.

What is the history of this tune on the scene?

Tin helmet on.

TT

Have you heard his 'My Eyes Break Out In Tears' on Fontana?, nice atmospheric dancer!

The one you mention was also done by 'Northern Soul Inc.' (or something like that) in the 70's.

Social source share

Have you heard his 'My Eyes Break Out In Tears' on Fontana?, nice atmospheric dancer!

The one you mention was also done by 'Northern Soul Inc.' (or something like that) in the 70's.

I was just gonna say that! - on Polydor wasn't it? absolutely horrid version. As for My Eyes... was that on the flip of the US MGM issue of Something Keeps Calling or were they two seperate issues?

Social source share

.........but I've just played Wayne Fontana-Something Keeps Calling Me Back for the first time in many years and it sounded great.

What is the history of this tune on the scene?

Tin helmet on.

TT

YES YOU ARE RIGHT THIS TUNE GOES WAY BACK TO THE DAYS OFF THE WHEEL THE GROUP CAME FROM THE MANCHESTER AREA AND IS A GOOD EXAMPLE OF BRIT BLUE EYED SOUL, PLAYED AS AN OLDIE EVERYWHERE IN THE MID 7ts AND MOST POEPLE FOUND A COPY AT MOST JUNK STORES AT THE TIME, I REMEMBER NA NA NA NA BY STEAM BEING PLAYED AS A TOP SOUND THAT ALSO HAS A GOOD B SIDE, THOSE WERE THE DAYS..

Social source share

YES YOU ARE RIGHT THIS TUNE GOES WAY BACK TO THE DAYS OFF THE WHEEL THE GROUP CAME FROM THE MANCHESTER AREA AND IS A GOOD EXAMPLE OF BRIT BLUE EYED SOUL, PLAYED AS AN OLDIE EVERYWHERE IN THE MID 7ts AND MOST POEPLE FOUND A COPY AT MOST JUNK STORES AT THE TIME, I REMEMBER NA NA NA NA BY STEAM BEING PLAYED AS A TOP SOUND THAT ALSO HAS A GOOD B SIDE, THOSE WERE THE DAYS..

Not forgetting Spencer davies group also, keep on running and the awesome trampoline (tenuous link to fontana)ha ha :thumbsup: A few others came into the same category that were mod/beat sounds

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert