Moments

Ted Massey

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

yeah its good missed it of ebay tonight is that where this clips from?, bloody fustrating when you dont have the full recording

Yes it was but its better not to get the full recording it al lways keeps you guessing. I have bought so many records off the first minuet and when I get them they do totally different things than I thought they would.

I missed it as well this is the other label one and I hear You Said is different??.

Social source share

Yes it was but its better not to get the full recording it al lways keeps you guessing. I have bought so many records off the first minuet and when I get them they do totally different things than I thought they would.

I missed it as well this is the other label one and I hear You Said is different??.

This is the version Saus used to play at Wilton & else where & the version that really made me aware of the tune, strange that was 10 years ago maybe.......................Dave Thorley plays it now & I still love it.............thanks Saus.

Russ

Social source share

This is the version Saus used to play at Wilton & else where & the version that really made me aware of the tune, strange that was 10 years ago maybe.......................Dave Thorley plays it now & I still love it.............thanks Saus.

Russ

When Dave sold up some time ago i bought it of him but sadly sold it a year or so later but i cant remeber if it had Hey Boy on the b side STILL NEED A FULL REFOSOUL CLIP PLEASE

Social source share

Ted, I wouldn't lose sleep over it, if I was you. 'Hey boy' isn't a strong track at all and goes nowhere...not worthy of spins at all...imo. Easy to spot (apart from the different cat' #'s) as the copies with 'Deep' written across the bottom are the ones with it on the flip, rather than the ones with 'Deep' (in italics) across the top.

The takes of 'You said' are indeed different as already noted...not a lot in it, but yes I prefer the one with 'Hey boy' on the flip...so maybe worth getting that number after all!

:D

Social source share

Ted, I wouldn't lose sleep over it, if I was you. 'Hey boy' isn't a strong track at all and goes nowhere...not worthy of spins at all...imo. Easy to spot (apart from the different cat' #'s) as the copies with 'Deep' written across the bottom are the ones with it on the flip, rather than the ones with 'Deep' (in italics) across the top.

The takes of 'You said' are indeed different as already noted...not a lot in it, but yes I prefer the one with 'Hey boy' on the flip...so maybe worth getting that number after all!

:thumbsup:

Yes Dave but the difference has not been defined, is it a longer Owhhhaaaaaa or is it a shorter Owhhaa.

Social source share

Yes Dave but the difference has not been defined, is it a longer Owhhhaaaaaa or is it a shorter Owhhaa.

The backing tracks are identical...the vocal takes are different...and the backing singer's lines vary (slightly) at certain points too...especially near the end.

I prefer the version on the flip to 'Hey boy'...even though that's the second release!

:thumbsup:

Social source share

The backing tracks are identical...the vocal takes are different...and the backing singer's lines vary (slightly) at certain points too...especially near the end.

I prefer the version on the flip to 'Hey boy'...even though that's the second release!

:ohmy:

Ah...yes, but no but yes, David could you not say that is the First release of that take.... :huh:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert