Paypal Shocker

Pete S

Bloke refused to pay insurance and so I sent it recorded, it went missing, he claimed the whole lot back off me..I contested it..they've given me the money back and paid him off! Is this a first?

Dear peter smith,

As you know, we were recently notified that one of your buyers filed a

chargeback with their card issuer. One of the unique benefits of PayPal is

that we help you fight unwarranted chargebacks and attempt to recover your

funds.

Because your transaction met the requirements of the unauthorised payment

protection, PayPal will cover the entire amount of the chargeback,

including the fees.

This case is now resolved. You don't need to take any additional action.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Cracking result, it must be a first. :thumbup:

Bloke refused to pay insurance and so I sent it recorded, it went missing, he claimed the whole lot back off me..I contested it..they've given me the money back and paid him off! Is this a first?

Dear peter smith,

funds.

including the fees.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal

Social source share

Dear peter smith,

funds.

including the fees.

pete ,

not a first ,

remember me telling you about the Appreciations 2/3 months back

I think this organisation is growing up and working out who/which of it's customers actually really matter , and maybe , maybe is begining to getting it sorted?

[ no , I'm not a shareholder! ]

pete

Social source share

I have had 3 packages go missing since July - August, been to the post office quiet often as well for them not to have turned up and have had nothing through the door to say pick them up we missed you but 2 of them have been sent back to the sender. I had to pay extra postage on one of them.

Another package was taken back to the post office and a lady picked it up by mistake, I got that back 2 days later :thumbup: .

Nightmare.

:yes:

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

I have had 3 packages go missing since July - August, been to the post office quiet often as well for them not to have turned up and have had nothing through the door to say pick them up we missed you but 2 of them have been sent back to the sender. I had to pay extra postage on one of them.

Another package was taken back to the post office and a lady picked it up by mistake, I got that back 2 days later :rolleyes: .

Nightmare.

:thumbup:

As a full-time bookseller I have very few problems with the mail but when I do it is nearly always with Recorded Delivery. Trouble is postie very often doesn't put a slip through the door telling the recipient an attempt at delivery has been made. Package goes back to the depot and sits on the shelf for two weeks before being returned to sender. Because no slip has been put through the door the recipient has no idea that the package is awaiting pick-up at the depot.

Whenever I get a "where's my fcuking book" e-mail I always try and get the buyer to ask at their local depot as a first step. More often than not it is sitting there waiting for them.

A major time consuming pain in the arse.

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

Dear peter smith,

funds.

including the fees.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal

You got your money back under the seller protection scheme because the buyer filed claim with His credit card and not through paypal resolution.

paypal is still full of danger unless item is sent by tracked method.

Social source share

Guest stash313

I've had a few classic stories this year...

Firstly I sold a record in September posted it the same week as the cheque cleared, two weeks later the buyer had no sign of the record arriving nor had he been given a slip.

So after much tooing and throwing between my post office and he's, we located the RECORDED item as sat in a sorting office in Preston. It was sent to Carlise. So I had to pay for the 45 to be re-shipped.

Secondly luckily not a record but a new CD wallet, obviously wouldnt fit through the door so the postie only went and left it in the garden recycling bin, on top of a pile of leaves and grass cuttings. I had been away so hadn't checked all the mail and the slip didn't even mention the green bin, only found it when emptying the rubbish. Git!

Social source share

You got your money back under the seller protection scheme because the buyer filed claim with His credit card and not through paypal resolution.

paypal is still full of danger unless item is sent by tracked method.

No, it was all done through paypal resolution and then much later he tried the chargeback thing.

Social source share

No, it was all done through paypal resolution and then much later he tried the chargeback thing.

You always did end up smelling of roses...seems things never change ..good result though mate

All the best

Nomad

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Pete I had this email off paypal/ebay today.

Selling on eBay is safer with PayPal

We've made some big improvements to our Seller Protection policy and wanted to share the good news. It's now easier than ever to be covered against claims and chargebacks - and make sure every payment you receive is yours for good.

What's improved?

• No more confirmed addresses for eBay transactions - Now you can post items you sell on eBay to any buyer address. The Seller Protection policy will cover you.
  • No coverage limit - You're protected for every eligible claim, so you can sell as much as you like and you'll be fully covered
  • Seller Protection covers 190 countries - Go ahead, sell worldwide. You're covered across the globe

These improvements apply to all eBay sellers, not just PowerSellers. There's nothing you'll need to do in order to become eligible. And best of all, they're available at no additional cost.

Enjoy safer selling on eBay with PayPal Seller Protection.

btn_learnmore_97x24.gif

Yours sincerely,

The PayPal Team

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert