November 08 Cd Swap

John Reed

if anyone's interested, i'm going to put another cd together with records that didn't make this one, and others i've got coming. it'll be in a similar style to this one, so if you like this one and would like a volume two, let me know and i'll sort ya one out. cheers. (cd swappers only)

alan

Edited by ajb
Social source share

• Replies 215
  • Views 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hiya Guys & Joan.

Some great stuff dropping on my door mat :D

I THINK CREDIT CRUNCH, the only thing expanding more than my wants list is my waist band :ohmy:

GREAT STUFF ONCE AGAIN!

My CD, should have made it's way to you all, with the possible exceptions of our Foreign Imports.............. Who will have it very shortly.

BEST

Bully :ohmy:

P.S. If anyone wants to know any details about any tracks on mine, just PM me!

Social source share

Guest Marcus B

just want to say , im please i joined in the swap this around some cracking stuff on them.

the wants list gets bigger everyday.

big thanks to all who as sent there's out.

rupert

I'll ditto that comment Rupert. Fabulous stuff and hope I get a XMAS bonus for some more choooones !!!

Blake, I've got that 12" of Brothers by Choice but have never played this side.!!! doh!

Marcus

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Biggrays Cds Burnt,will post them Monday,must say i have had some great cds from you guys and all quality stuff,thanx to all swappers and hope you like my cd..Graham.

Social source share

Due to building work, work, DJ committments, holding down 2 jobs, having a baby on the way, decorating, parenting classes and having all my records in storage until i move into my new record room..........mine will be with you sometime between Xmas and New year...

Really enjoying the ones i have received so far...some great art-work and presentation too guys.

Chris.

Social source share

Sorry i'm being a bit rubbish. Tracks selected finally will get to work on uploading them when i get up this afternoon. Pity on a poor night shift worker.

Derek

Social source share

Due to building work, work, DJ committments, holding down 2 jobs, having a baby on the way, decorating, parenting classes and having all my records in storage until i move into my new record room..........mine will be with you sometime between Xmas and New year...

Really enjoying the ones i have received so far...some great art-work and presentation too guys.

Chris.

And you were such a hard taskmaster when you were running the swaps Chris :rolleyes:

Really enjoying the cds

BH

Social source share

Mine are now burnt, and sleeved, just need to bag em up and address them, so will be going out before the weekend!!

Sorry to say I've not had a chance to hear any of the ones sent thus far, but they look good, a mamouth i-tunes session comin as I have to load them up..

Cheers Guys and Girls, keep em comin!

Tony Turner, 2 cds for you sir, you know why..

Cheers,

mal.C>

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

Finally managed to package mine up and post them yesterday, sent them second class so you should see um by the end of the week.

appologies in advance for the quality of 1 or 2 of the tunes as I had to record using a jack from the headphones output on my record player to the input on my mac. the rest are pretty good tho.

Cheers

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

In the post folks today. Have to say, after listening to what has been sent. Mine is not a patch on your choices. All great C.Ds so far. Wants list has got ever bigger :)

Social source share

hi gavin, told you it was fun

so much better than just downloading

:)

In the post folks today. Have to say, after listening to what has been sent. Mine is not a patch on your choices. All great C.Ds so far. Wants list has got ever bigger :)
Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

Folks

I sent these out in 2 batches - first lot of 20 were given to my daughter to pack and post. Its possible they could have been damaged in transit or by the postal service in the UK.

Second batch of 10 I posted yesterday in Dubai.

Anyone else receiving a damaged CD please let me know and I'll send replacements.

Best

John

Thats strange Pete mine's cracked as well :ohmy: Oh well plenty more to go at
Social source share

Guest Marcus B

In the post folks today. Have to say, after listening to what has been sent. Mine is not a patch on your choices. All great C.Ds so far. Wants list has got ever bigger :(

Not at all Gavin. Your's is FAB !!! Got it this am and staright in the car for a play. Love it.

Johnny Mack - Afraid Mine only plays the first three tracks. Love the Wille Tee though !

Marcus

:D

Social source share

Guest EType69

Folks

I sent these out in 2 batches - first lot of 20 were given to my daughter to pack and post. Its possible they could have been damaged in transit or by the postal service in the UK.

Second batch of 10 I posted yesterday in Dubai.

Anyone else receiving a damaged CD please let me know and I'll send replacements.

Best

John

Mine's cracked too John.......and Bully's dosen't play after track 10. sad.gif

Mine are finally done and will be posted out by tuesday. Big thanks to everyone whose cds I've recieved so far. :lol:

ATB

Steve

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

So popping up to Blue Skies this Friday, will be an ideal opportunity to hand it to me personally......

Friday, home alone, Blue Skies, Now theres a thought ph34r.gif

Social source share

Mine are now burnt, and sleeved, just need to bag em up and address them, so will be going out before the weekend!!

Sorry to say I've not had a chance to hear any of the ones sent thus far, but they look good, a mamouth i-tunes session comin as I have to load them up..

Cheers Guys and Girls, keep em comin!

Tony Turner, 2 cds for you sir, you know why..

Cheers,

mal.C>

Here's a sneak on the track listing, and my favorite track of late..there are a couple in here that are not within the last 6 months, but were needed to keep the flow of the CD, if you get my meaning..

SS SWAP NOV 2008 – Mal.C

Eugene Blacknell & The Savonics - Jump Back / Celeste

The Caprells with The Sul Brothers Band - Walk on By / Bano

Ernie Johnson and the Soul Blenders - You got to be Faithful and True / Duplex

The Rotations - Dont Ever Hurt Me / Law-Ton

Spaceark - Do What you can Do / Colur World

The Exportations - I Want You / Vir -Ro

Leon Thomas - Love Each Other / Flying Dutchman

Gifted Four - Are You Choosing / Hamito - Semitica

Rhythm Machine - Freakish love / Rowdan

Tyrone Ashley’s Funky Music Machine - Sing a Song Sister / Truth & Soul Lp

The Drivers - Blackbird in Despair / American International records

Ray Hines - Is it Something you got / RNH Records

Smoke - So Glad you Came Along J Bridge LP

Tyrone Ashley - I Want My Baby back / Phil LA of Soul

Bobby Wade - I'm in Love with You / Way Out

The Ascots - Dont Say you Love Me / ’Color me Soul’ Crazy Cajon LP

The Royal Esquires - Our Love use to be / Prix

Eunice Collins - At The Hotel / Mod -Art

James D Hall - I Wanna get into You / JDH Records

Sir George - I Lost you Girl / G & G

The Tenth Dymensions - My Love for you is Growing Wild / Sapphire

Tyrone Ashley - Love Sweet Love / Phil LA of Soul

Ronnie McGill & Visions - Peace of Mind / Sugar

Larry Williams & The ATS Express- Doing the Best You Can with What you Got / Fantasy

post-2025-1229325862_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Had a car C.D fest' today - Feckin wants list has grown again :lol: It always amazes me just how much music is out there biggrin.gif

Again thank you tongue.gif Roll on the next swap :lol:

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Greetings fellow CD swoppers. Thanks for all the excellent Cds received already. My effort will be posted out tomorrow and you should receive them before Xmas unless you live in Stockholm or Cal USA,

Cheers,

Ady

Wotcha Pop, hope all is well at Pountain Towers?

Social source share

Guest biggray1

My Cds have gone out,uk,us and sweden..They should be with you at anytime..anyone recieved one yet,,oh and no nasty words about our Great Royal Mail please....Hands off our royal mail..is anything British sacred.

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

As I said before mine is gonna be delayed a little bit this year but I haven`t forgotten!

Toooo much going on here...but i am in my record room,surrounded by boxed up 45s and Lps...all to be filed. The rest of the house is a complete shit hole though...

Chris

Good luck in your new home mate biggrin.gif

Social source share

Cheers Mate, but its not exactly a new home...its the same one, just a lot bigger! Had an extension and I got a new record room out of it....

We have a baby due in Jan although judging by the size of Helen is could come before Xmas! Got to get the rest of the house decorated and organised before then...i cant believe how much hassel it has caused...

Hope to see you soon mate.

Chris.

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Fine thanks Gavin hope you are both well. Are you going to make it to Soulfusion next year? I remember the last time we turned down the beds in the East Wing you didn't turn up!

Cheers,

Ady

Ady

Gillian and I are both fine mate, if not for the gig we should have a weekend at the Towers me thinks. Would be really good to see you both.

Have a great Christmas and a Wonderful new Year.

With the year I have had this year health wise I can not wait for 2009. I have a lot of partying to catch up on :ohmy:

Luff

Me amd Her

Edited by Gavin Page
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert