Anyone On Her Going To Soul In The Sun?

Geoff

Is there anyone on here going to Soul In The Sun in Lanzarote at the end of next week? It's 3 years since I last went, and I'm looking forward to some sun and soul music, and good company. Never been to Lanzarote so that will be interesting.

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Is there anyone on here going to Soul In The Sun in Lanzarote at the end of next week? It's 3 years since I last went, and I'm looking forward to some sun and soul music, and good company. Never been to Lanzarote so that will be interesting.

Geoff, I've never been to Soul In The Sun, however I did go to Costa Teguise, Lanzarote back in May. It can get rather breezy, so you may want to take that into account if you're going out and about. If you're tempted to go to the market on the Sunday in Teguise, don't bother. One last thing I can recommend the Cutty Sark pub/bar for decent grub and English TV. :thumbsup::(

Social source share

I'm going Geoff , along with my wife and 4 others from Banbury Soul club , on Nov 6th . I've never been before ,hope to meet up with you ,Best wishes ,Eddie

Social source share

My mate Derek Palmer from Northampton is going ...so if anybody see a Billy no mates on his own it is probably our Del...treat him with fur lined boxing gloves :D ..no he is alright :yes: really....no he is... :thumbup: ..Delxxxxxx

Social source share

We are going 2nd week. First time for me, but my sister & hubby went lasst year, said it was a great laugh!. And it is breezy down the front so they said. Cant wait for some warm dry weather & good company, soul music of course!!

P :rolleyes:

Social source share

Hi Geoff I'll be there this year 2nd week went to Lanzarote last year its a brilliant complex appartments are 1st class. There were several issues last year with the bars but Ive been told Eddie has sorted for this year. The 2 rooms used for the soul functions are great and the afternoon sessions near the pool are so relaxing, I'll be DJing there this year as well so come and say hello.

You'll love it mate hey and dont forget to take a fancy dress costume its such a laugh seeing everybody making plonkers of themselves.

C U there and for people who ridicule SIS go and try it before you make unfair comments its a week or two of entertainment, making new friends, having a few beers in a warm climate and at the end of the day you make it what you want it to be!

Gaz Lees

Social source share

To everyone who replied thank you, I look forward to meeting you all. Is anyone flying out from Gatwick on Thursday 6 November? If so, look out for me, grey haired bloke looking worried that he's forgotten something.

I went to Tenerife twice, but not been since 2004. Never been to Lanzarote so it wil be an experience. I've got loads of friends there, I found everyone friendly and welcoming.

I'm doing 2 DJ sets, so getting my CDs ready now, got to find that right mix, want to get away from the NS top 100 stuff. Last time I went I think I heard Landslide so often I found myself singing it while waiting for my luggage on my return to Stansted.

And the thought of some sunny and warm weather, after the lousy summer, is just so enticing. Shorts and t shirts at the ready methinks.

Social source share

Guest The Driffter

we are going .so look out for us ,will be with the Duckworths ,went last year an it were fantastic,

best holiday we have had and we have had some good ones. so come and say hello .

angie n bri Dingle.

ps you wont fail to spot us :thumbup:

Dont forget the sea sickness tablets for the fishing trip Brian ,see you two next week .Jeff and Carys

Social source share

Damn. Just got back from Fuerto Ventura (the next island to Lanzarote and 20 minutes by ferry) so a classic case of bad-timing! Was pretty sunny most of the time and winds are pretty strong in that neck of the woods so take a cardi LOL....

Also I switched on the radio in the car the other day and heard "If It's All The Same To You Babe" - Luther Ingram pumping out which was a nice surprise plus caught a Northern Soul show which is on one of the local stations every Tuesday night (6.30-8.30pm every Tuesday night I think) by a guy called Dave Cummings which put me in the mood.

Also worth looking around for a Spanish copy of "Get On Your Knees" by Los Canarios. If you can't find one in Lanzarote then forget it LOL....

Have fun all!

Ian D :shhh:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert