Betty Lavette - Let Me Down Easy

Guest mickdale

• Replies 8
  • Views 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

First thoughts are that Bettye did it first, but I do know of other versions, so maybe not? :unsure:

Anyone know different?

To answer your other question - Bill Harris on RCA

thanks john

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

First thoughts are that Bettye did it first, but I do know of other versions, so maybe not? :lol:

Anyone know different?

To answer your other question - Bill Harris on RCA

Yes, Betty did it first. The song was written by Wrecia Holloway a.k.a. Dee Dee Ford, the former singing partner of Don Gardner - who produced Betty's record.

Social source share

Yes, Betty did it first. The song was written by Wrecia Holloway a.k.a. Dee Dee Ford, the former singing partner of Don Gardner - who produced Betty's record.

One of my all time favorite tunes, and for me it has to be Betty! the '65 cut on Calla tho! not that remake she did at Karen in '69 for Ollie McLaughlin.

Worth a mention also is the arrangement by Detroit's Dale Warren..... just perfect! (was it recorded in Detroit? Terra Sherma?)

Thanx Tony for clearing up who Wreich Holloway (great name!) was, did she pen anything else under that pseudonym?

steve

Social source share

Guest mel brat

One of my all time favorite tunes, and for me it has to be Betty! the '65 cut on Calla tho! not that remake she did at Karen in '69 for Ollie McLaughlin.

steve

I agree, but Inez Foxx's version is really good too. (Given I don't usually go for cover versions of well known Soul classics!)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert