Biggest, Bestest Etc. Why?

Paul-s

Seems to be a trend to advertise nights under

THE MOST WELL ATTENDED NIGHTER

or

THE LONGEST RUNNING NIGHTER

or

THE BIGGEST IN THE WORLD

Is any of it really relevent? The number off people in a room, or if an event has been held a million times doesn't really guarantee a good night, they are merely historical facts. Im just wondering, in this race to out do each other, what other titles they could come up with? :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 39
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

or

or

THE BIGGEST IN THE WORLD

Is any of it really relevent? The number off people in a room, or if an event has been held a million times doesn't really guarantee a good night, they are merely historical facts. Im just wondering, in this race to out do each other, what other titles they could come up with? :lol:

The one that got me ranting was at the Blackpool Weekenders (You remember, the ones where the dancefloor had to be repaired every hour or two, and to get into the venuue you had to navigate past Blackpool weekender cups, and Northern Soul Towels.), when one DJ in particular would claim Blackpool to be the Brand Leader!!

Yep. When I go out, I dont want to enjoy myself with soul fans, I want to be just another punter waiting to have my wallet lightened. :lol:

Social source share

or

or

THE BIGGEST IN THE WORLD

Is any of it really relevent? The number off people in a room, or if an event has been held a million times doesn't really guarantee a good night, they are merely historical facts.

Im just wondering, in this race to out do each other, what other titles they could come up with? :lol:

Paul, how about "Venue Serving Best Pizza"? :D

Quite the "in-thing" at one time in Peterborough. :lol:

Social source share

or

or

THE BIGGEST IN THE WORLD

Is any of it really relevent? The number off people in a room, or if an event has been held a million times doesn't really guarantee a good night, they are merely historical facts. Im just wondering, in this race to out do each other, what other titles they could come up with? :lol:

" Bigger than the Nuremberg Rallies " .........

Malc Burton

Social source share

Were they Scooter do's?

Paul

Unfortunately not .......

The Nuremberg Rallies (officially Reichsparteitag , meaning national party convention ) was the annual rally of the NSDAP

( Nazi Party ) in the years 1923 to 1938 in Germany , especially after Hitler's rise to power in 1933 , They were large propaganda events by the state . The Reichsparteitage were held annually at the Nazi party rally grounds in Nuremberg from 1933 to 1938 and are thus usually referred to in English as the Nuremberg Rallies . .........

After 1933 , the rallies were held in the first half of September , under the label of Reichsparteitage des deutschen Volkes ( "National Congress of the Party of the German People ") , which was meant to symbolize the solidarity between the German people and the Nazi Party . This point was further emphasized by the yearly growing number of participants , which finally reached over half a million from all sections of the party , the army and the state .......

My TIC reply was in respect of Paul S asking how a venue can be advertised , i.e. " Bigger than the Nuremberg Rallies " ........

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

The Nuremberg Rallies (officially Reichsparteitag , meaning national party convention ) was the annual rally of the NSDAP

( Nazi Party ) in the years 1923 to 1938 in Germany , especially after Hitler's rise to power in 1933 , They were large propaganda events by the state . The Reichsparteitage were held annually at the Nazi party rally grounds in Nuremberg from 1933 to 1938 and are thus usually referred to in English as the Nuremberg Rallies .

After 1933 , the rallies were held in the first half of September , under the label of Reichsparteitage des deutschen Volkes ( "National Congress of the Party of the German People ") , which was meant to symbolize the solidarity between the German people and the Nazi Party . This point was further emphasized by the yearly growing number of participants , which finally reached over half a million from all sections of the party , the army and the state .

Malc Burton

Now thats educational! :lol:

Social source share

( Nazi Party ) in the years 1923 to 1938 in Germany , especially after Hitler's rise to power in 1933 , They were large propaganda events by the state . The Reichsparteitage were held annually at the Nazi party rally grounds in Nuremberg from 1933 to 1938 and are thus usually referred to in English as the Nuremberg Rallies .

After 1933 , the rallies were held in the first half of September , under the label of Reichsparteitage des deutschen Volkes ( "National Congress of the Party of the German People ") , which was meant to symbolize the solidarity between the German people and the Nazi Party . This point was further emphasized by the yearly growing number of participants , which finally reached over half a million from all sections of the party , the army and the state .

Malc Burton

Now thats educational! :lol:

I once put that very statement - " bigger than the Nuremberg Rallies " , on a flyer for a venue I ran many , many moons ago .....

I also included the blurb " We have had Comic Relief : We have had Maffeking Relief , We have had Hand Relief , now it is time for Soulful Relief " on flyers for another venue ......

Malc Burton

Social source share

( Nazi Party ) in the years 1923 to 1938 in Germany , especially after Hitler's rise to power in 1933 , They were large propaganda events by the state . The Reichsparteitage were held annually at the Nazi party rally grounds in Nuremberg from 1933 to 1938 and are thus usually referred to in English as the Nuremberg Rallies . .........

After 1933 , the rallies were held in the first half of September , under the label of Reichsparteitage des deutschen Volkes ( "National Congress of the Party of the German People ") , which was meant to symbolize the solidarity between the German people and the Nazi Party . This point was further emphasized by the yearly growing number of participants , which finally reached over half a million from all sections of the party , the army and the state .......

My TIC reply was in respect of Paul S asking how a venue can be advertised , i.e. " Bigger than the Nuremberg Rallies " ........

Malc Burton

Hey calm down Malc it's Fri afternoon,I was 'avin a laff!!

Paul

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

The best music

thats what salmon said in his post below you ....oops sorry that'll be above you now lol........or maybe just over your head lol :lol:

Social source share

Guest Black Gold of the Sun

or

or

THE BIGGEST IN THE WORLD

What about NO WHITE POP RECORDS PLAYED ? No maybe not ,lots on here wouldn,t go :lol:

Social source share

thats what salmon said in his post below you ....oops sorry that'll be above you now lol........or maybe just over your head lol :rolleyes:

You started early this evening fella? :D

Yeah Burnley - not over me head, but over my mileage allowance :yes:: - especially on a Friday - I like my 70s too as you know. :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

this is a ridiculous question ..... it's just promoters telling the truth , stoke gets 1000+ thru the doors and if i got that many i'd use it to convey the enormity of the nighter and hey can 1000+ people be wrong ?

and saying they've been running 25+ years shows stability and a constant of keeping crowds happy ...why wouldn't you use that as a marketing tool ?

maybe promoters should be held to the trades descriptions act , that'd be good to see

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

this is a ridiculous question ..... it's just promoters telling the truth , stoke gets 1000+ thru the doors and if i got that many i'd use it to convey the enormity of the nighter and hey can 1000+ people be wrong ?

and saying they've been running 25+ years shows stability and a constant of keeping crowds happy ...why wouldn't you use that as a marketing tool ?

maybe promoters should be held to the trades descriptions act , that'd be good to see

not looking for an arguement dave,1000's and 1000's of people have ford cars a relative few have aston martin DB6/7's does this mean the ford is a better quality car...erh no.....quality first,quantity second methinks :rolleyes: tezza

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

not looking for an arguement dave,1000's and 1000's of people have ford cars a relative few have aston martin DB6/7's does this mean the ford is a better quality car...erh no.....quality first,quantity second methinks :rolleyes: tezza

of course it doesn't mean the ford is the best ..... it means they must be reliable enough to deliver what you pay for and to give the people what they want . and anyway being preached to by the pompous twat of an aston martin would put me off :D

do you disagree that these facts about attendance and longevity are legitimate marketing tools ? paul asked why people use them and i think it's bloody obvious

Social source share

or

or

THE BIGGEST IN THE WORLD

Is any of it really relevent? The number off people in a room, or if an event has been held a million times doesn't really guarantee a good night, they are merely historical facts. Im just wondering, in this race to out do each other, what other titles they could come up with? :D

Wrong log in!

Edited by DonnaD
Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

If These Old Shoes was still running, we could've used the following catchy lures:

The most slopping dancefloor in the UK

The most dangerous collapsing wooden stage in the UK

The most "likely to flood 10 minutes before kick off" in the UK

The oldest drains in the UK

A Trad Jazz band in the Modern Room

That would've packed 'em in.....roll up, roll up - smell the Thames as you stagger down the dancefloor

:wicked:

Edited by vinylvixen
Social source share

Guest andrew bin

spot on

you can't argue with facts, whether you like stoke or not, you can't argue that it's not most attended niter in the country/world or that the 100 club is the longest running allnighter in the country/world and as for best that boils down to personal preference

I've had to put northern and rare soul on our flyers because some guy came up to me once (whilst a local dj/collector was playing a superb set of 70's) and said "this ain't northern soul, you advertised on your flyers blah blah blah :wicked:

Social source share

Guest andrew bin

not looking for an arguement dave,1000's and 1000's of people have ford cars a relative few have aston martin DB6/7's does this mean the ford is a better quality car...erh no.....quality first,quantity second methinks :ohmy: tezza

aston martin were ford untill last year :wicked:

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

of course it doesn't mean the ford is the best ..... it means they must be reliable enough to deliver what you pay for and to give the people what they want . and anyway being preached to by the pompous twat of an aston martin would put me off :D

do you disagree that these facts about attendance and longevity are legitimate marketing tools ? paul asked why people use them and i think it's bloody obvious

hello mate yes of course it's obvious why they are used,no argument there.Anyway this type of hype has never got through to me and l bet a lot of others.I have always been a fan of less is more.One of the reasons l got into this years ago was because it was small,underground and unknown to the masses.Today it seems that if a venue has over a 1000 people in somehow it's good,l just think they play to the lowest common denominator.Couple of years ago l saw the kings of leon at nottingham ice arena,it was packed,but you could hardly see the group,to many surly security men,herded in and as soon as it was finished herded out.All they seemed bothered about was getting it over asap and getting folk out.Saw the faces at the nags head pub in wollaston in the late 60's.only about 60/70 people there what a great night........theres the differance..tezza

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert