• Replies 21
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Leonardo

havn`t seen one in a while, a variety of prices ob popsike ranging from $38.00 in 2006 :rolleyes::lol: to $3000 last year, manship books it at £1700, but who knows in todays climate though, nice record :)

Social source share

No one else want to offer an opinion as to worth? :thumbsup: or do we all think that Manships book price of £1700 is correct :lol:

Based on a mean price of what I have seen them go through eBay at and at the current £ to $ conversion rate £1944.55

not seen a issue

Edited by Dazz
Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

No one else want to offer an opinion as to worth? :thumbsup: or do we all think that Manships book price of £1700 is correct :lol:

Paul that is perhaps about correct in the scheme of things,its alittle bit more than i paid for mine

Have you had an enquiry from a guy in mansfield :D

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

I compared Ady Pottses 2 copies :thumbsup: LA Beat and Palmer they looked like a different press but I have not compared them sound wise back to back or even back to front wacko.gif .

I played the 2 side by side and the quality of the Palmer press is superior ask Adey it was at his place we did it.I sold my Labeat demo about 3yrs ago and replaced it with the Palmer copy for that reason.

Edited by smudgesmith
Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

Anyone had the Palmer issue?

Sure these demos have turned up, super rare for years now there's one every couple of months for the last 2 years at least.

Tony i dont think there is a Palmer issue,although its qoted in Johns book.........unless someone on here knows otherwise!!!!!

Social source share

I compared Ady Pottses 2 copies :wicked: LA Beat and Palmer they looked like a different press but I have not compared them sound wise back to back or even back to front wacko.gif .

That's right Tony, they were pressed from different plates.

Sound wise it's like Smudge says, the Palmer release is a better sound, especially over a loud sound system. With La Beat the sound quality seems to have been a bit of a problem, Lester Tipton, also Masqueraders - How, with the 'How' you don't notice it at home but when you play it on a big system you have to take the volume up & trim the mid range a bit. All part of the charm of the label I guess :ohmy:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert