The Elsc A Time To Say Goodbye

After much soul searching and with a heavy heart Its now time to call it a day for the ELSC, the amount of venues offering 2nd rate nights locally are a fast expanding virus on the current scene and I have more respect for the music than those whom continue to abuse the scene and the music in which ever way they see fit to promote their venues and themselves. So I have decided to no longer promote the ELSC... she will 'retire' from the main circuit on our 5th anniversary on the 6th December 2008 to take a well deserved rest and can do so with her head held high.

Grafton house WILL remain the home of the East Lincoln Soul Club and who knows, that once the current trend of 'lets put on a soul nite' is no longer a novelty, the ELSC may return to once again deliver the quality soul music it has served over the past 5 years. The ELSC was started by a group of friends whom shared one thing and that was a love of northern soul, over the years people have come and gone, but the music always remained the main focus of the ELSC and was delivered by some of the best Djays both locally and the wider area.

I would like to say a massive heartfelt thanks to the many, many people whom have supported the ELSC over the past 5 years, to the Djays whom collectively have brought and played some of the best music ever heard in this city, and to the promoters nationally whom have allowed us and supported us in the advertising of the ELSC, I say a big thank you.

Personally I will continue to djay at various venues but am also looking forward to going further afield to venues that have the same committment to the music and the scene that the ELSC had.

Dawn Roberts

aka

Sister Dawn

Promoter and Djay ELSC October 2008

Just want to say a very special thanks to The Rev whom broke his back every saturday once a month doing the day job then setting stuff up for the nites, to Kez for being one of the best ever, Andrew and Eileen for only missing one nite in 5 years. To Paul and Mick Donnelly for all the support and advice given to the ELSC (we had the best times at the DKOF's roadshows), To all the lady jocks for the Girls on Top nites over the years... massive respect to each and every one of you and little Miss Soul Rosie whom was ten when she first span her first GOT tune. To all resident Djays past and present, Thank you x

Edited by Sista D
Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

After much soul searching and with a heavy heart Its now time to call it a day for the ELSC, the amount of venues offering 2nd rate nights locally are a fast expanding virus on the current scene and I have more respect for the music than those whom continue to abuse the scene and the music in which ever way they see fit to promote their venues and themselves. So I have decided to no longer promote the ELSC... she will 'retire' from the main circuit on our 5th anniversary on the 6th December 2008 to take a well deserved rest and can do so with her head held high.

Grafton house WILL remain the home of the East Lincoln Soul Club and who knows, that once the current trend of 'lets put on a soul nite' is no longer a novelty, the ELSC may return to once again deliver the quality soul music it has served over the past 5 years. The ELSC was started by a group of friends whom shared one thing and that was a love of northern soul, over the years people have come and gone, but the music always remained the main focus of the ELSC and was delivered by some of the best Djays both locally and the wider area.

I would like to say a massive heartfelt thanks to the many, many people whom have supported the ELSC over the past 5 years, to the Djays whom collectively have brought and played some of the best music ever heard in this city, and to the promoters nationally whom have allowed us and supported us in the advertising of the ELSC, I say a big thank you.

Personally I will continue to djay at various venues but am also looking forward to going further afield to venues that have the same committment to the music and the scene that the ELSC had.

Dawn Roberts

aka

Sister Dawn

Just want to say a very special thanks to The Rev whom broke his back every saturday once a month doing the day job then setting stuff up for the nites, to Kez for being one of the best ever, Andrew and Eileen for only missing one nite in 5 years. To Paul and Mick Donnelly for all the support and advice given to the ELSC (we had the best times at the DKOF's roadshows), To all the lady jocks for the Girls on Top nites over the years... massive respect to each and every one of you and little Miss Soul Rosie whom was ten when she first span her first GOT tune. To all resident Djays past and present, Thank you x

I hope you have a cracking night on 6th December.

Nothing pi&&es me off more than seeing a night fold that is put on for the right reasons. I haven't been to yours but it sounds like it is. I hope you have something bigger, better and more fun just around the corner!.

Jayne.x.

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

Dawn Roberts

aka

Sister Dawn

Hey Dawnie sorry to hear about this.It was a pleasure to play tunes at The Grafton..........that place was just scum bag enough for a right proper northern do........loved it as did Skip.See you and Kev,and Kez perhaps at Hunny very soon take care.

Social source share

Sorry to read this Dawn!

I know how much your event meant to you and Trev, and that you won't have made this decision lightly.

Another case of genuine people being undermined by johnny-come-lately wannabbes!

Very best wishes to you both.

Social source share

Guest adlibsoul

Hi Dawn,

sorry to hear this.Got to say that you've been the backbone of ns in the city of Lincoln for the last 5 years by running your monthly nights. You've given people what they've wanted- top sounds. You've brought in well-known djs and given others the chance to play out. You've raised money with your many charity nights. You created a great informative website. All this takes up a hellava lot of time -not to say expense ! You deserve a break and the thanks of all who have ever attended your nights. Glenn x

Social source share

Sorry to hear this Dawn - never been to your do but I sympathise as - lets jump on the bandwagon has happend up here in Aberdeen and Dundee where genuine real deal people have been squeezed out by people who saw a cash cow and decided we will run a soul night! and jump into your venue on different dates etc etc etc. In Dundee even on the same night!

I can appreciate all the hard work that people like you and others like Soulmac(Dundee)Gasher etc (Aberdeen) to keep teh music progressive and alive.

Take a rest LUV youve probably earned it - Charge your batteries up & come out fighting! :rolleyes:

Social source share

Hi Dawn ... sorry to hear about the ELSC had a couple of good nights up your gaff, five years is a bloody good run and although you must feel mighty miffed at the moment I'm sure in years to come you can look back and smile a great big one ... :D

see ya soon

Mick and Lucy

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert