J D Bryant On Ebay

• Replies 57
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Yeh quite ironic Harry that the bids to "lift" it came from the two bidders after you'd highlighted the link ohmy.gif:P ....

I'd get yourself some commission sorted from the seller pal thumbsup.gif ....

didn`t have to look far, it was in the listings on the right hand side of the main forum page :D:(:( whoevers buying it a nice cool pint of carling please :(:lol:

Social source share

another one for dj honky perhaps

dave

Wonder if it's going to the same collector ( apparently he just collects rare records and is American and from Peterborough ) that won Lester Tipton and Al Williams. Obviously the so called credit crunch is'nt affecting him, fair play mate!! K.T.F Tony E OZ.

Social source share

what i want to know is where these mint records come from if all are SO rare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!so many stories about shop damaged stock....remember there made of vinyl,and also everybody's been over the pond digging in every box for years.....maybe a couple of Don Gardners-Cheating Kind will appear!!!!

anyone wanna guess whats next..... :(

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

Fab condition as well, love this track!

I've got one for sale on here - admittedly its a Lowton allnighter 6th anniversary single with Ty Karim on the other side if anybody gets really desperate!!

Ste.

Social source share

One of the happiest days of my life. had a phone call fro Keb (in a scotch accent) Mr Massey you wanted a tape recording of JD Bryant and the Carios ? do want to own them he said £650 the pair untold joy in the Massey house hold

What were your first thoughts Ted....

Are they real? Where's he got em from? OR..Where's me bloody cheque book :sleep3:

I had a similar phone call earlier this year...but it was on April 1st angry.gif

Social source share

One of the happiest days of my life. had a phone call fro Keb (in a scotch accent) Mr Massey you wanted a tape recording of JD Bryant and the Carios ? do want to own them he said £650 the pair untold joy in the Massey house hold

Ted you've got to bring and play both of them at Broadlane or Brookfields mate so we can all enjoy them you luck B*******

Gaz

Social source share

What were your first thoughts Ted....

Are they real? Where's he got em from? OR..Where's me bloody cheque book :g:

I had a similar phone call earlier this year...but it was on April 1st angry.gif

I knew he'd bought the JD of Jim Wensiora snt him the money and he gave them to Rob Smith at a nighter for me to collect from his shop in Notts had a few sleepless nights knowing Rob's filing system :( but got them save and well

Social source share

I knew he'd bought the JD of Jim Wensiora snt him the money and he gave them to Rob Smith at a nighter for me to collect from his shop in Notts had a few sleepless nights knowing Rob's filing system :huh: but got them save and well

I remember CP had it Ted .... he said "I've got this really rare thing on the Shrine label" "let's have a listen then" said I

"How much" .... "You can have it for £45" said Chris "Nah..........It's too slow" said I :lol:

well in my defence we were all into 100mph stompers then and my humble apprentices wage was just £23 a week

PS I still think it's too slow smile.gif

Social source share

I remember CP had it Ted .... he said "I've got this really rare thing on the Shrine label" "let's have a listen then" said I

"How much" .... "You can have it for £45" said Chris "Nah..........It's too slow" said I :D

well in my defence we were all into 100mph stompers then and my humble apprentices wage was just £23 a week

PS I still think it's too slow :D

Dazz i think and i only say think the sands of time are playing tricks on you as the history of the record goes like this. Kev roberts discovered it in the states he then offered it to Paul Lightley(think thats his name) who worked for Kev in his record shop in Mansfield he said bugger of im not paying 30 quid for a ballad thats when Jim bought it. i could be totally wrong buts thats the story i was told, oh and you aint got no taste :D:thumbup:

Edited by Tedsoul
Social source share

it didn't go to the UK, same US winner as the junior mccants

Well there are those on here who claim the future of Northern lies overseas on the Continent and USA with a younger enthusiastic crowd unencumbered by the politics.

Of course the future in this case appears to be something from 25 years ago over here but let's not quibble. At least the buyer likes rocksteady/ska too so he can't be all bad.

ROD

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

utter dirge a good example of a poor record hyped up due to rarity .

spot on mr parker.....sounds just like one of those big band joe turner crap......glad someone agrees

Social source share

For ages I thought Ted had the only copy. Was Ted that told me this wasn't the case. So how many copies? I think Mick Smith has one? Been played at the 100 Club recently.. Someone played it off a carver at Soulgate last year.. :thumbsup:

Mick H has it too, Andy Rix has/had full Shrine collection, seen Rob Thomas play it out too.

Social source share

spot on mr parker.....sounds just like one of those big band joe turner crap......glad someone agrees

Yep the bloke must have rocks in his head, who's gonna dance to it anyway, far too slow even in today's scene but might suit us all when were in our zimmers. Fair play if he's got the money, but brains????????????????????? Tight Aussie. lol. K.T.F. guy's.

Social source share

Nick didn't have the full set, didn't have JD, Cavaliers, Counts, Prophets, Bill Dennis.

In fairness to Nick I don't think he ever claimed to have a full set of Shrine releases. He was one of the first people to try to collect the label though, so fair play to him for that.

Social source share

In fairness to Nick I don't think he ever claimed to have a full set of Shrine releases. He was one of the first people to try to collect the label though, so fair play to him for that.

After Ion tried before him, and don't forget Keb playing most of the then known ones, Nick started collecting them after this point.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert