Mexican Bidders On Reggae

Craig W

Can anyone give any advice on this problem with Mexican bidders on reggae at the moment that are ruining auctions on Ebay. I sold a big money reggae 45 last night to a buyer from France only to be warned tonight by a message from another Ebay member the same bidder is bidding on another reggae 45 I'm selling that finishes tomorrow and to cancel this buyers bids as other buyers accounts have been hijacked by a buyer of the same name who is based in Mexico not France.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

yeah i see it a lot on the reggae fouroms and notice most reggae dealers wont post to mexico

Yes I am well aware of the Mexican bidder problem but what I am saying that the buyers location is stated as France and someone has contacted me and said some accounts have been hijacked by the Mexican buyers.

Social source share

Yes I am well aware of the Mexican bidder problem but what I am saying that the buyers location is stated as France and someone has contacted me and said some accounts have been hijacked by the Mexican buyers.

Last few weeks there have been fake (Mexican) bidders registered all over the place - Europe, US, Japan. Not sure how they've got round the registration process, but I'd assume that any newly-registered zero-feedback big reggae bidder is snide.

Have a look on the PAMA forum, they're right on it.

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Can anyone give any advice on this problem with Mexican bidders on reggae at the moment that are ruining auctions on Ebay. I sold a big money reggae 45 last night to a buyer from France only to be warned tonight by a message from another Ebay member the same bidder is bidding on another reggae 45 I'm selling that finishes tomorrow and to cancel this buyers bids as other buyers accounts have been hijacked by a buyer of the same name who is based in Mexico not France.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

Do they have droopy moustaches and crossed bullet belts :wicked: ?

Social source share

I assume the bidder from France that bought your big money record last night has now paid? :thumbsup:

No. The (last second) winning bid was for £310.00 from a French bidder with a private feedback of 2 who is apparently based in Mexico.

The underbidder of £300.00 is another Mexican with a perfect feedback of 18 who has actually won and got feedback for some decent money items. I have offered it to him with a second chance offer but I'm not holding my breath. Beyond that the rest of the bidders are retards.

I'll probably end up relisting it with a buy it now.

Social source share

The problem with this auction Craig is that the fake bidder has made the second highest bidder pay 100 quid more than he would have paid had he been the winner - although if you bid 300 I guess you should be prepared to pay that. The third legit bid was 175, thats about right because I sold my copy of the same record for 200 about 6 weeks ago. If you get stuck with it, I'll give you 175 for it.

Social source share

Craig, just cancel any bids from people with under 5 feedbacks. Also have a look on the Pama forum because there is a constantly updated list of dodgy names on there. Thirdly, save yourself a lot of hassle and just sell them to me.

https://z7.invisionfree.com/PAMA_FORUM/inde...?act=SC&c=3

My apologies to Craig for slightly digressing from his original thread....but Pete, I can't get on the Pama forum!! I have registered and all that but they have not sent me any validation e-mail and it's been a few days?? Do they always take this long? I have tried to reply to some threads but I keep getting the 'Not allowed to use' error message.

Any pointers?

Social source share

My apologies to Craig for slightly digressing from his original thread....but Pete, I can't get on the Pama forum!! I have registered and all that but they have not sent me any validation e-mail and it's been a few days?? Do they always take this long? I have tried to reply to some threads but I keep getting the 'Not allowed to use' error message.

Any pointers?

See if you can find a link to the moderator and email him, sounds like a snag to me, they'd usually get right back to you..

Social source share

See if you can find a link to the moderator and email him, sounds like a snag to me, they'd usually get right back to you..

thanks Pete. I've e-mailed someone called D. Sandford.

Quick reggae question...am I right in thinking that Jackie Edwards 'Hush' is the same song as Jimmy Bailey's Northern tune on Columbia??

Social source share

thanks Pete. I've e-mailed someone called D. Sandford.

Quick reggae question...am I right in thinking that Jackie Edwards 'Hush' is the same song as Jimmy Bailey's Northern tune on Columbia??

Don't know the Jimmy Bailey but the Jackie Edwards is a straight pop record, composed by him, I've got it but it's not very good, the beat ballad on the other side is quite nice though

Social source share

The problem with this auction Craig is that the fake bidder has made the second highest bidder pay 100 quid more than he would have paid had he been the winner - although if you bid 300 I guess you should be prepared to pay that. The third legit bid was 175, thats about right because I sold my copy of the same record for 200 about 6 weeks ago. If you get stuck with it, I'll give you 175 for it.

Thanks for the kind offer Pete but have just done a buy it now and sold it to a Japanese buyer for 220 who has paid me straight away with Paypal so no problems now apart from getting it to him laugh.gif

Have been on the Pama site and blocked loads of mexican bidders so hopefully no problems in future.

Thanks for everyones advice on this.

Social source share

Don't know the Jimmy Bailey but the Jackie Edwards is a straight pop record, composed by him, I've got it but it's not very good, the beat ballad on the other side is quite nice though

Jimmy Bailey is an Uptempo Ashford/Simpson Northern tune, so not the same one.

Anyway....I heard about these Mexican bidders before. I've missed something though...why are they doing this??? unsure.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert