Larry Davis The Magic Is Gone Decca

Albert Petit

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

its been around a while and played...in fact i heard it out at the lifeline weekender...maybe its just not yer same ole same ole venue type of choon....brilliant none the less IMO...must be big in spain as it seems both copies sold on here went there :D

cookie :D

Yep it has been around for a while. Must admit when I first bought it around 04 I did'nt think it was a gonna make it, then I heard Alison & John Nightingale play it at Soul Republic in December 06 and have to say it went down very well. Now there you go my memory still works after 5 pints of speckled Hen last night, impressive hey!

Pat

Social source share

revival? - it hasn't had it's day yet has it? or did it?

Its my old 'Sunny & The Sunliners" cover up from Bradford Queens Hall nighters many moons ago (early 80's).

Always thought it was a crackin, if not rather too frantic, tune!

I also played it at the Lifeline weekender back in Feb this year.

Nice version of Otis Redding "Loving You Too Long" on the flip.

:D

Sean

Social source share

Yep it has been around for a while. Must admit when I first bought it around 04 I did'nt think it was a gonna make it, then I heard Alison & John Nightingale play it at Soul Republic in December 06 and have to say it went down very well. Now there you go my memory still works after 5 pints of speckled Hen last night, impressive hey!

Pat

One loses track of time...and i guess i have had it 6 years and i still class that as recent...and as Sean says it has been around for a long time. still, a great record and one that is still refreshing to hear played out.

And to tie this thread up nicely, we gave John Nightingale his copy for his birthday a few years ago, which i bought off Mr Prophonics himself :D

Edited by Dave Abbott
Social source share

One loses track of time...and i guess i have had it 6 years and i still class that as recent...and as Sean says it has been around for a long time. still, a great record and one that is still refreshing to hear played out.

And to tie this thread up nicely, we gave John Nightingale his copy for his birthday a few years ago, which i bought off Mr Prophonics himself :yes:

Was it a demo? think you said you had seen more issues than the blue demo's. :thumbsup:

Must be on my 4 th copy and still never played the B-side. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Was it a demo? think you said you had seen more issues than the blue demo's. :lol:

Must be on my 4 th copy and still never played the B-side. :(

the one i bought off you was an issue Tony, at that point i had seen more demos and was going to keep that issue, but i kept my demo as i rather like the blue Decca's. prob seen about the same of each now. :wicked:

i can't remeber the b-side, must play it again.... :)

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Source Advert