Little Willie John + I'm Shakin'

Guest TKMAXX

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

the later one (although given the earlier catalogue number in the sleeve notes)

sure the one with the extra drums is the earlier one Michael? they sound overdubbed, although eqallly they could have realised how bad they sounded and took them off for a later release.

They've got different b sides if that's ahelp, 'person to person' and 'cottage' if i remember right, which i probably dont.

Social source share

sure the one with the extra drums is the earlier one Michael? they sound overdubbed, although eqallly they could have realised how bad they sounded and took them off for a later release.

They've got different b sides if that's ahelp, 'person to person' and 'cottage' if i remember right, which i probably dont.

as far as i know:

King 5342 - I'm Shakin' / Cottage For Sale – 1960 <-- w/out drums

King 5823 - Person To Person / I'm Shakin' – 1963 <-- w/ drums

of course you're quite right, the drums could well have been on a mix at the time, and weren't deliberately added for the later release, just the wrong tape was used (seemed to happen occasionally)

maybe some early numbered copies have the drums too?

Edited by michael-j
Social source share

So, in summary lads what one is on the King New Breed Rythmn and Blues CD as that's the one I want?

Your help is greatly appreciated and can't read the CD notes as at work!

Cheers

Tim

as far as i know:

King 5342 - I'm Shakin' / Cottage For Sale - 1960 <-- w/out drums

King 5823 - Person To Person / I'm Shakin' - 1963 <-- w/ drums

of course you're quite right, the drums could well have been on a mix at the time, and weren't deliberately added for the later release, just the wrong tape was used (seemed to happen occasionally)

maybe some early numbered copies have the drums too?

Social source share

Imagine the snare drums being hit with the brushes - if that sound is on the 45 then it's the later reissue... jazzed up, as it were.

I was talking to Andy Brazil about it he said its the first version he heard played so likes this one better, I though it sounds like a Skiffle :thumbsup: version.

Social source share

Source Advert