Guest Roddy

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

That's just a couple of good suits to our man Roddy! :wicked:

Not sure if this is the one of which you speak Souleful, but I know Mick H had one.

Not going to give up the name then...I'll have that money in a few months.

I also got a few people that would ask me how much I'd be willing to pay, and then back out last minute...teases.

Social source share

interesting !

I've seen them a lot cheaper than that, but hey ho good luck to you.

Last one went on ebay for a $1000 ,so you need to keep your eyes peeled.

Anyways i got one for less than a quarter of the value of a suit (thanks joan)

Regards

Roddy

Social source share

I've seen them a lot cheaper than that, but hey ho good luck to you.

Last one went on ebay for a $1000 ,so you need to keep your eyes peeled.

I think theres nth as voltaile as ebay prices...one day a 45 can be a grand next day 2.5 K or only 700...condition as always also plays a major role of course!

However, this of course abnd without any doubt is worth between 1.500 and 2.500 UKP IMHO. And I am not saying so because I have one.

Marc

Social source share

So how rare is this record then?

Looking on Popsike it shows that two have been sold already this year, with four sold in total. It seems Roddy got one relatively quickly and cheaply. Marc has one. I know Mick H did have one.

Would be interesting to know how many members on here have a copy.

So come on guys... fess up? :thumbsup:

Social source share

I suspect there are a small handful around but the ones I have seen I've held back on because of condition

Would be interested to know if anyone has a decent copy that doesn't play with a lot of crackle

In one of the listings on popsike the seller wrote that there are 5 known to exist. Don't know if there's any truth to that or not, but every copy on there seems to have some cosmetic defects...I would take 'em though.

I believe the one I was offered was mint, and I guess it was the first one ever found in the US in the eighties or nineties.

Social source share

I believe the one I was offered was mint, and I guess it was the first one ever found in the US in the eighties or nineties.

If you were offered it by Jimmy Sheard, from Sheldon, then that was the first copy to be found in the US.

Jimmy found it behind a door on the floor of a record shop. Paid about a dollar for it and sold it, on his return, at Yarmouth, early/mid 90's, to an old DJ for about 5-600 as I recall!

Paid for his trip and a whole lot more. We all thought it was a bit of a wind up, but the old boy parted with the green!

SWONS

:D

Sean

Social source share