Master 4 @ Tayster

Wiganer1

• Replies 17
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

always when i heard this after the chinese bit i thought yuk and never really botthered with it

then....heard on a live wigan tape and bought it and wow ,,how good is this tune..

anyone else like it?

link

MASTER FOUR-LOVE FROM THE FAR EAST-TAYSTER...Awesome... had one for years...

Dunno about your description of the start though.. (CHINESE???) :lol::lol::lol::lol: Try Arabic/Turkish/ or slightly further east.... in that area....Even though China Town is mentioned..it ain`t...Belly Dancers in China? No way.... :lol:

Master Four were out of New York. Even rarer is their "LOVE HAS TAKEN WINGS".Also on TAYSTER. Quite nice but much slower. Sounds a bit like Engelbert Humperdinck on lead vocals... :lol:

Social source share

Dunno about your description of the start though.. (CHINESE???) :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   Try Arabic/Turkish/ or slightly further east.... in that area....Even though China Town is mentioned..it ain`t...Belly Dancers in China? No way.... :lol:

Master Four were out of New York. Even rarer is their "LOVE HAS TAKEN WINGS".Also on TAYSTER. Quite nice but much slower. Sounds a bit like Engelbert Humperdinck on lead vocals... :lol:

link

Now your talking!Jerry Dorsey :lol:

Social source share

Even rarer is their "LOVE HAS TAKEN WINGS".Also on TAYSTER. Quite nice but much slower. Sounds a bit like Engelbert Humperdinck on lead vocals... :lol:

link

Always liked this one much better, but as you say the vocals just a bit too off the wall,

Social source share

Now your talking!Jerry Dorsey  :lol:

link

Evening,Ken! How`it go Saturday night? Silly question..IT`S ALWAYS GOOD AT THE 100!! We`re coming down to see you soon.. :lol::lol::lol:

Social source share

Dunno about your description of the start though.. (CHINESE???) :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   Try Arabic/Turkish/ or slightly further east.... in that area....Even though China Town is mentioned..it ain`t...Belly Dancers in China? No way.... :lol:

link

The lead on this is the same as on The International GTO's " I love my baby " [Rojac ] . Best ,Eddie .

Social source share

Evening,Ken! How`it go Saturday night? Silly question..IT`S ALWAYS GOOD AT THE 100!! We`re coming down to see you soon.. :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

link

I will warn!Ady,100club was 100club ie;great night.

Social source share

Quite agree, There was one on Ebay recently which I got beaten soundly to by a well known US collector (over a grand!!) :lol:

link

Over a grand in $ not £ :lol::lol: Can some kind soul provide soundfiles of both sides of this record or let me know if it can be heard/found (in sound form that is) somewhere please?

Social source share

Over a grand in $ not £ :lol::lol:   Can some kind soul provide soundfiles of both sides of this record or let me know if it can be heard/found (in sound form that is) somewhere please?

link

"Love From The Far East" was on KTF download, dunno bout Soul Club?, "Love has Taken Wings" not available anywhere I know of, mp3 anyone??

Social source share

• 5 years later...

"Love From The Far East" was on KTF download, dunno bout Soul Club?, "Love has Taken Wings" not available anywhere I know of, mp3 anyone??

I have uploaded a clear copy of it type it in the search bar ktf c

Social source share

Have a soft spot for both tracks...the thumping LFTFE and the Righteous Bros soundalike LHTW which has its moments!

LFTFE has all the right ingredients, but I can understamdn folk not liking the Turkish/Asian bits...though they make it stand out from the rest and make it a memorable tune after a nighter! Play it out more Mr.DJ (the WD pictured is a spare if anyone fancies it?)

:)

post-9555-072157500 1281010047_thumb.jpg

post-9555-063313700 1281010098_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Have a soft spot for both tracks...the thumping LFTFE and the Righteous Bros soundalike LHTW which has its moments!

Is LHTW the same song as released by Them Two on Deep City? (Clarence Reid was involved with that one and also recorded for Tay-Ster.)

post-4944-002026100 1281012511_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Is LHTW the same song as released by Them Two on Deep City? (Clarence Reid was involved with that one and also recorded for Tay-Ster.)

I just listened to the Master Four version in Refosoul, it is indeed the same song. Here's the (probably original?) Them Two version:

Them Two - Love Has Taken Wings -

Edited by mshoals
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert