• Replies 7
  • Views 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

:lol:

I'm not Ian Cunliffe. rolleyes.gif

PS, might have been on Imperial or something connected to it but not 100% on that

I used to play this at the East Anglian 'Niter & Dayer promotions circa 1978 - 1981/2.. on a yellow World Pacific 45 I believe. It was a fave 'floor RAMMER' - particularly with the mod/skinhead dominated Kings Lynn All Dayers (was it the Y.M.C.A. ??). The fact it was a vocal to an extremely popular instrumental of the era certainly helped elevate it to the level of success I enjoyed with it - I've always championed known songs with a 'twist'.. and STILL do. :lol:

I would play it in most of my sets at the time - with it being a major spin for me. UNTIL it was replaced by the vocal of a future 'Top 500' record.. (Nev Wherry - who was responsible for turning it up.. two copies, one of which he sold to me for £20, which had the sleevenotes with it - would play the instrumental as they were very much 'En-Vogue' at the time..) Jimmy Fraser 'Of Hopes & Dreams..' on Columbia !! :D:yes:

Not a lot of people know that !! :no::lol::D

Fingers.. :lol:

Edited by FickleFingers
Social source share

I used to play this at the East Anglian 'Niter & Dayer promotions circa 1978 - 1981/2.. on a yellow World Pacific 45 I believe. It was a fave 'floor RAMMER' - particularly with the mod/skinhead dominated Kings Lynn All Dayers (was it the Y.M.C.A. ??). The fact it was a vocal to an extremely popular instrumental of the era certainly helped elevate it to the level of success I enjoyed with it - I've always championed known songs with a 'twist'.. and STILL do. :lol:

I would play it in most of my sets at the time - with it being a major spin for me. UNTIL it was replaced by the vocal of a future 'Top 500' record.. (Nev Wherry - who was responsible for turning it up.. two copies, one of which he sold to me for £20, which had the sleevenotes with it - would play the instrumental as they were very much 'En-Vogue' at the time..) Jimmy Fraser 'Of Hopes & Dreams..' on Columbia !! :D:lol:

Not a lot of people know that !! :lol::lol::yes:

Fingers.. shades.gif

===

gr8 tale johnny ,,hope ure well mate!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert