The Right Track Soul Club - Glenrothes Ymca

Ladies / Gents ,

Whilst we're all on a nostalgia roll re Shotts and the importance it played in the Scottish Soul Scene , could we please have a scrum down regarding the nighter that really got me into this mess and a lot of you in the first place !!!

Comimg from Falkirk my trip to Glenrothes on a Sat night was easy compared to some , bus at 5.30pm from Larbert ,after finishing work at 5pm , got me into Glenrothes town at 8pm , after going round every bloody village in Fife , then straight to bar at Bowling Alley to meet up with the rest . Sun morn not so easy as bus not till 10am , or cadge a lift back with Edinburgh lot.

Alan and Steve Walls were fantastic in their choice of sounds / venue / and rosta of dj's , Keb , Colin Law ,Jim Tennent , Jock , Guy , etc ... as well as a host of new talent and their dj debuts , keeping a mix of newies / modern sounds and oldies alike which paved the way for the scottish scene to follow

I have still never, in 25 yrs been to a nighter or soul night where people danced on the tables without being kicked out !!!!

Top Five Sounds for me of that Time :

Larry Davis - I've Been Hurt So Many Times

Oliver Norman - Drowning in My Own Despair

Checkmates -Mastered The Art Of Love

Ray Pollard - Wanderlust

Willie Small - How High Can You Fly

Over to you lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Ladies / Gents ,

Whilst we're all on a nostalgia roll re Shotts and the importance it played in the Scottish Soul Scene , could we please have a scrum down regarding the nighter that really got me into this mess and a lot of you in the first place !!!

Comimg from Falkirk my trip to Glenrothes on a Sat night was easy compared to some , bus at 5.30pm from Larbert ,after finishing work at 5pm , got me into Glenrothes town at 8pm , after going round every bloody village in Fife , then straight to bar at Bowling Alley to meet up with the rest . Sun morn not so easy as bus not till 10am , or cadge a lift back with Edinburgh lot.

Alan and Steve Walls were fantastic in their choice of sounds / venue / and rosta of dj's , Keb , Colin Law ,Jim Tennent , Jock , Guy , etc ... as well as a host of new talent and their dj debuts , keeping a mix of newies / modern sounds and oldies alike which paved the way for the scottish scene to follow

I have still never, in 25 yrs been to a nighter or soul night where people danced on the tables without being kicked out !!!!

Top Five Sounds for me of that Time :

Larry Davis - I've Been Hurt So Many Times

Oliver Norman - Drowning in My Own Despair

Checkmates -Mastered The Art Of Love

Ray Pollard - Wanderlust

Willie Small - How High Can You Fly

Over to you lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright mate, that's a nice Top 5 you picked there. Seems awfully familiar!

There's another YM appreciation thread on the go. I had no idea it was so popular! :ohmy:

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Alright mate, that's a nice Top 5 you picked there. Seems awfully familiar!

There's another YM appreciation thread on the go. I had no idea it was so popular! laugh.gif

Yeah Alan - wonder who was kind enough to lend you wanderlust to play in your set????

Social source share

Damm it Walls you've caught me out !!!!!!

I should of added

The Ringleaders c/u

Audrey Slo

Vernon and Jewel

Get a bloody reunion sorted !!!!, there are messheads all over this country who would make it a packer , but you might need a stena stairlift for the table dancers !!!!!

Steve & Alan

How about a reunion then? Get it sorted!

Mick Howard

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert