Herbs - Never never never will i fall in love - smoke 602

Herbs - Put a hurtin on my heart - smoke 612

Will try and think of some more luv Di xxxx :D

Social source share

Heres another few :thumbsup:

Eddie Lyon - I want you to love me boy - Smoke 605

Soul experience - I'm so glad i found you - Smoke 1002

Ike Noble - We got to hold on to ourselves - Smoke 6045

Last 2 are 70's ok , i think thats ya lot from me cant come up with anymore i'm afraid , hope this helps a bit :thumbsup: xxxxxxx

Social source share

Heres another few :thumbsup:

Eddie Lyon - I want you to love me boy - Smoke 605

Soul experience - I'm so glad i found you - Smoke 1002

Ike Noble - We got to hold on to ourselves - Smoke 6045

Last 2 are 70's ok , i think thats ya lot from me cant come up with anymore i'm afraid , hope this helps a bit :thumbsup: xxxxxxx

this is a different label, from toledo ohio....whereas george blackwells smoke label was from newark, new jersey, theres another title on the label, but, i cant for the life of me remember what it is, a real rare piece, curtis somebody, or, somebody curtis seems to ring a bell, ady pierce used to have one

Social source share

Keith Curtis - I Got To Keep You Baby, think it was an old Guy spin, but can't remember what it was covered up as. Great record, not heard it for a long time though.

Tim, pretty sure Derek Pearson did a Smoke discography in old shades of soul, am having a bit of a house move around at moment (just what I need first day back from holiday!) and will hopefully find my old mags, if so will post it up, assuming I am not imaging it!

Social source share

Keith Curtis - I Got To Keep You Baby, think it was an old Guy spin, but can't remember what it was covered up as. Great record, not heard it for a long time though.

Tim, pretty sure Derek Pearson did a Smoke discography in old shades of soul, am having a bit of a house move around at moment (just what I need first day back from holiday!) and will hopefully find my old mags, if so will post it up, assuming I am not imaging it!

thats the fella jock..keith curtis, ady pierce reviewed it in a magazine, manifesto i think

Social source share

Hi Jock

Butch has been 'reviving' Keith Curtis for the last couple of years. He played it at Soul Revolution at some point. Potent sixties soul.

Social source share

Both sides of Keith Curtis are good , other side is MY LOVE I CANT HIDE . there is a SMOKE label listing in one of the two mags pete lawson did THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO DAVE GODIN .

ive got them somewhere .

also worth a mention is the PAT label which run alongside SMOKE. pretty sure there was only 2 releases on that logo barbara jones and the rare gerri shivers - lets try it again .

Social source share

Just also remembered was the Keith Curtis not a solid centre job, if so it might have been Keb that played it first, if not then pretty sure Keb had a solid centred Smoke record.

Or it might have been Guy that had the solid centre 45???? My memory isnt what it used to be obviously. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Social source share

Keith Curtis - I Got To Keep You Baby, think it was an old Guy spin

Still in his set...he played it at a doo over here in Tokyo on Saturday! Must admit, it didn't sound anywhere near as good as I remembered. (He also played the Invitations - Skiing in the snow...I'm sure some of you will be pleased to learn!? wink.gif )

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert