Gene Toones Ebay?

Guest the dukester

• Replies 181
  • Views 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'm going to go and buy one for $99,800.000 and sell to the 2nd high bidder thats nearly $200,000 in my back hipper. Will have to go buy an extra large pair of trousers with extra extra large back pockets :lol::lol:

Edited by tubbs
Social source share

Guest Stuart T

I'm going to go and buy one for $800.000 and sell to the 2nd high bidder thats nearly $200,000 in my back hipper. Will have to go buy an extra large pair of trousers with extra extra large back pockets  :lol:   :lol:

link

$800 eh? Get me a couple while you're there.

Social source share

You're all wasting your time bidding on it i've sniped it at 100 billion  So i'm going to win it:shhh:  :lol:

link

Who says we're wasting our time Tubbs.... you've let us know what your doing so your snipe might be wasted :lol::lol:ranting_1.gif:lol: ....

As told a mate on phone earlier.... surely the nob head as realised that "we know summat" else he'd have pulled it :lol: .... obviously not :lol: ....

Social source share

Who says we're wasting our time Tubbs.... you've let us know what your doing so your snipe might be wasted ranting_1.gif   :lol:   :lol:   :lol: ....

As told a mate on phone earlier.... surely the nob head as realised that "we know summat" else he'd have pulled it :lol: .... obviously not :lol: ....

link

Shit now i'm going to have to edit mysnipe don't know if i can afford to go any higher than 100 billion. Might have to sell my copy of the snake just to secure it.

Social source share

Shit now i'm going to have to edit mysnipe don't know if i can afford to go any higher than 100 billion. Might have to sell my copy of the snake just to secure it.

link

Seems to be stuck at 99,999,999.....at this rate some of the bidders might have the SFO tapping them up about possible "money laundering"....I don't know what happens next - if he withdraws it does he still have to pay ebay fees?

Social source share

link

Just tried bidding over $100,000,000 Tubbs and it's saying "can't do".... like Brett said in an earlier post.... eBay must have a "max" limit of $99,999,999 as it wont let you do owt.... comes back saying "enter US $100,000,099.00 or more" but when you do you just get the same message :lol:ranting_1.gif ....

Ah well.... was fun whilst it lasted.... now to see if "seller" deletes all bids before he gets lumped with a hefty eBay cost :lol: .... not that he'll pay like :lol: ....

Social source share

Seems to be stuck at 99,999,999.....at this rate some of the bidders might have the SFO tapping them up about possible "money laundering"....I don't know what happens next - if he withdraws it does he still have to pay ebay fees?

link

You beat me too it Steve....

If he "deletes" bids manually he'll get charged at the "high bid" rate he leaves if don't remove all.... if he ends it early I think he gets charged the "set" listing fee for what he entered it at, i.e. starting price cost, min bid cost, etc., etc., whistling.gif ....

Edited by vaultofsouler
Social source share

Guest soul99 easylay

Do you think you have to email the seller if your feedback rating is less than 10?? whistling.gif

Just so he knows he can trust us like! :lol:

Social source share

You beat me too it Steve....

If he "deletes" bids manually he'll get charged at the "high bid" rate he leaves if don't remove all.... if he ends it early I think he gets charged the "set" listing fee for what he entered it at, i.e. starting price cost, min bid cost, etc., etc.,  :lol: ....

link

Hope he doesn't remove all the top bids and leave it at a straight million or I'm really up sh*t creek!! whistling.gif

Godz

Social source share

Hope he doesn't remove all the top bids and leave it at a straight million or I'm really up sh*t creek!! :lol:

Godz

link

tell them you thought it was in italian lira, that will cost you about a fiver whistling.gif

Social source share

Never mind Godz.... you can always remove it yourself and pick the "entered wrong ammount" option as your reason :lol:   whistling.gif ...

link

Only kidding Mark - besides, I think it may be a bit late for that.

Anyway, if I win it for a million it looks like there's plenty of people out there I could move it on to and make a packet :lol:

Godz

Edited by Godzilla
Social source share

Well I finally got a reply from eBay regarding my reprting this item as attempted fraud.

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this email that you received.

This email is attempting a sale outside of eBay and appears to be intent

on committing fraud. Only items that are listed in a person's 'My eBay'

page under the "Items I've Won" section are considered to be valid

completed transactions. If a person is not the winning bidder or listed

on the bid history page, then they have not won the item.

It's important to know that items purchased outside of the eBay format

are not eligible for our protective services such as feedback, dispute

resolution, contact information requests and most importantly the Fraud

Protection Program. These services are only available for items that are

listed and purchased on eBay in compliance with our guidelines and

listing policies.

For more information on this policy, please visit the link below:

https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/solici...fsite-sale.html

I have reviewed your report and have taken appropriate action in

accordance with our site policies. Such action may include issuing a

warning, temporary suspension, indefinite suspension or terminating the

membership. Due to privacy concerns, I am not at liberty to discuss the

details of any action taken. I hope you understand this position and

that it assures you that your personal account history will always

remain private.

Well thanks eBay! ph34r.gif

Godz

Social source share

Well I finally got a reply from eBay regarding my reprting this item as attempted fraud.

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this email that you received.

This email is attempting a sale outside of eBay and appears to be intent

on committing fraud. Only items that are listed in a person's 'My eBay'

page under the "Items I've Won" section are considered to be valid

completed transactions. If a person is not the winning bidder or listed

on the bid history page, then they have not won the item.

It's important to know that items purchased outside of the eBay format

are not eligible for our protective services such as feedback, dispute

resolution, contact information requests and most importantly the Fraud

Protection Program. These services are only available for items that are

listed and purchased on eBay in compliance with our guidelines and

listing policies.

For more information on this policy, please visit the link below:

https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/solici...fsite-sale.html

I have reviewed your report and have taken appropriate action in

accordance with our site policies. Such action may include issuing a

warning, temporary suspension, indefinite suspension or terminating the

membership. Due to privacy concerns, I am not at liberty to discuss the

details of any action taken. I hope you understand this position and

that it assures you that your personal account history will always

remain private.

Well thanks eBay! ph34r.gif

Godz

link

But I'm betting they wait until after trying to claim their fee before "appropriate action" is taken :lol::lol: ....

Social source share

But I'm betting they wait until after trying to claim their fee before "appropriate action" is taken :lol:   :lol: ....

link

Too right :lol:

Seriously though, I think eBay's attitude is really crap. The reply reads to me as though their main concern is that transactions don't take place outside of eBay - thus denying their income. The fact that bidders could become victims of fraud - potentially to the tune of thousands of dollars - seems to be of little consequence to the bastards.

If there wasn't so much good stuff on there I'd boycott 'em ph34r.gif

Whatever their intended action may be, it hasn't included closing this miserable piece of scum's account yet has it?

Godz

Edited by Godzilla
Social source share

Too right :lol:

Seriously though, I think eBay's attitude is really crap. The reply reads to me as though their main concern is that transactions don't take place outside of eBay - thus denying their income. The fact that bidders could become victims of fraud - potentially to the tune of thousands of dollars - seems to be of little consequence to the bastards.

If there wasn't so much good stuff on there I'd boycott 'em  ph34r.gif

Whatever their intended action may be, it hasn't included closing this miserable piece of scum's account yet has it?

Godz

link

Think it's a case of never "really reading" e-mail contents.... often think they catergorise the subject headers and then issue a pre written response :lol: .... have had what appear pre written responses that were nowt to do with initial query.... but obviously picking from their list of "subjects" determines the response you get even if "content" not addressed.... so definately "crap" like you say :lol: ....

As for action.... account not yet closed but that'll probably be the action when they don't get their fees :lol: ....

Edited by vaultofsouler
Social source share

Guest Arcticsoulboy

Oh man, I can´t wait to see how this story ends! Imagine getting that Paypal invoice for $100 million and then the idiot seller gets his eBay invoice - oooh sweet. This thread has certainly made work very much more enjoyable the past few days, now I´m just awaiting the grand finale. When are the media gonna catch up on this?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert