Gene Toones Ebay?

Guest the dukester

• Replies 181
  • Views 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Girl's blouse.  No, you pay the total of the bid on the auction, nothing else, unless you snipe it  :shhh: Scaredy cat.  I imagine that an appropriate response to any attempt to recover such an amount would both begin and end in "f". 

Anyone feel like asking a question on the listing itself for posterity's sake?  Maybe linking this thread?

link

I calculate his fee as a seller to be 10,000 now :excl: .....will certainly raise "eyebrows" in California "E-Bay Towers" and be flashing up on somebody's "screen" (if they're in)

Social source share

Guest dodger

I calculate his fee as a seller to be 10,000 now :excl: .....will certainly raise "eyebrows" in California "E-Bay Towers" and be flashing up on somebody's "screen" (if they're in)

link

Les kecks de l'homme will be fillez avec le merd!! :shhh:

Social source share

Now "maxed out" at 10m Gasher - I think that is as high as ebay goes (though I cannot be sure :shhh: )....game over on the bidding front - lets see what happens next....

link

I have been watching this on and off all day laughing my socks off..I was also offered the chance to buy for 1900 dollars after I emailed him to ask if he accepted paypal soon after this was listed on ebay.

I felt a bit mischievous tonight so I emailed the seller and asked:

Hi

I should have bought it yesterday when I had the chance for 1900 dollars!

I dont suppose you have more than one copy have you?

The high bidder won the 'rollover' lottery last week here in England thats why he's spending so much money!

regards

Paul

Hello,

i'm agree to sell with 1900USD now, let me know?

so....what now? ?????

Social source share

Somebody at home could be watching ebay thinking S*'T I've got a copy of that i'm gonna stick it on Ebay when that one ends... what a result i'll take the misses away on holiday next week!!!

Be worth keeping an eye out to see if anyone puts one on there afterwards. :shhh::excl::)

Social source share

dont be surprised if

Kenny Burrell out bids you

hahaha

the gasher

link

kenny's not that daft. he is a very nice man who uses his money wisely.

Social source share

Guest dodger

I mailed the seller and asked:

Hi there

What more do you want, from my life, what more do you want, from my life?

And he hasn't come back to me yet . . .

Social source share

Guest rachel

I mailed to ask him "what numbers are stamped in the vinyl so I know which release it is before I bid"... I've no idea what matrix numbers it should have if any, not a clue.. but hard to answer if you don't have the record in front of you... :shhh:

His reply:

"Hello,

The price i will ask for it it's 1500USD.If you are ready to buy it,i will need to know all your full details,like your full name and your full address,so we can close the transaction.The transaction will be close using eBay Purchase Protection,and eBay will insured it,all the shipping cost i will pay for it,and will be made using FedEx service,and will take max. 2 working days,and the shipping will be insured.If you are ready to buy it,just mail me all the info i need and we will start this purchase,

Thank you,"

:excl:

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Just when you thought it couldn't go any higher somone has out bid sneaky_bugger it's now at $10,000,100.00 :lol:

Social source share

Just when you thought it couldn't go any higher somone has out bid sneaky_bugger it's now at $10,000,100.00 :lol:

link

OK, i don't know any of you, but I found this thread, I've bid $10,000,201 for it.

Someone please outbid me! I'm worried now...

Social source share

OK, i don't know any of you, but I found this thread, I've bid $10,000,201 for it.

Someone please outbid me!  I'm worried now...

link

Might have been an idea to join and add summat first I think before bidding :lol: .... not sure how you "found" this thread :lol: but sure "sneaky buggar" or someone might help you out laugh.gif ....

If they don't.... looks like your in trouble :lol::lol: ....

Social source share

Might have been an idea to join and add summat first I think before bidding :lol: .... not sure how you "found" this thread :lol: but sure "sneaky buggar" or someone might help you out laugh.gif ....

If they don't.... looks like your in trouble :lol:   :lol: ....

link

Yes, but I do tend to act first, think later. I really hope someone outbids me now.

Still, it's not like I've got much feedback to lose I suppose...

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

I'd certainly feel pretty foolish if I'd put in a serious bid early doors before I noticed all these shenanigans.

:lol:

(I did notice as soon I'd bid, honest).

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I'd certainly feel pretty foolish if I'd put in a serious bid early doors before I noticed all these shenanigans.

(I did notice as soon I'd bid, honest).

link

You're the only one on here that could actually afford to pay that price Andy.

What with your £90 socks and all :lol:

Social source share

You're the only one on here that could actually afford to pay that price Andy.

What with your £90 socks and all  :lol:

link

Best dressed man on London Soul Scene, no London itself oh f*** it the whole world.

You gonna come to Solid Hit Soul now Andy ??? :lol:

Social source share

Guest soul99 easylay

Hi Folks,

I'm a brand new member so go gently on me!! :lol:

I was told about this thread by Godzilla, so I had to have a look!

I have sent the following email to the ebay seller:

Dear Sir,

I am emailing on behalf of a very wealthy English business man; whom I represent. He is keen to diversify his portfolio into collectables and rarities and I have come across your auction on ebay.

I can see from the price that bidders are willing to pay that this record must indeed be very valuable. I have been instructed to contact you to state our intentions. We are prepared to meet you and hand over $7.5 Million US Dollars cash in exchange for the single, on the condition that you end the auction early.

Please let us know of your intentions as soon as possible, this offer expires by 14:00hrs GMT.

Thank you

I am needless to say awaiting a reply!!! :lol::lol:

Social source share

Hi Folks,

Dear Sir,

I am emailing on behalf of a very wealthy English business man; whom I represent. He is keen to diversify his portfolio into collectables and rarities and I have come across your auction on ebay.

I can see from the price that bidders are willing to pay that this record must indeed be very valuable. I have been instructed to contact you to state our intentions. We are prepared to meet you and hand over $7.5 Million US Dollars cash in exchange for the single, on the condition that you end the auction early.

Please let us know of your intentions as soon as possible, this offer expires by 14:00hrs GMT.

Thank you

I am needless to say awaiting a reply!!! :lol:   laugh.gif

link

Hi and welcome "Jackie".... think you'll be waiting a long time like most of us :lol: ....

Enjoy the rest of the site :lol: ....

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Hi Folks,

Dear Sir,

Thank you

I am needless to say awaiting a reply!!! :lol:   :lol:

link

Well the bidding has been getting higher and higher wink.gif

Social source share

Hi Folks,

Dear Sir,

Thank you

I am needless to say awaiting a reply!!! :lol:   :lol:

link

I have plenty of money from the Nigerian and Kenyan goverments to invest please send your bank details(no racism intended)

Tedsoul

Social source share

Guest soul99 easylay

I have plenty of money from the Nigerian and Kenyan goverments to invest please send your bank details(no racism intended)

Tedsoul

link

believe you me, Ted, if I had £7.5m to invest, it wouldn't be to some dodgy geezer over t'internet!!!!!!!!

It'd be in my local with the barman!! :lol:

Social source share

Guest soul99 easylay

Or perhaps 3pm in Belgium because I ain't sure he told me the truth :lol:   and he's having a beer to calm his nerves :lol:   :lol: ....

link

I can't understand why neither he nor ebay have ended the item early!! :lol:

It was only last week when I got a bollocking off ebay for "search manipulation" by putting the word "not" in my listing description!!! It wouldn't be as bad but I have 100% feedback as well and the current high bidder was well miffed when they ended it!!! ohmy.gif

I bet italia-fashion wishes ebay would cancel the auction :lol:

Social source share

How about "opening a book" on what it'll finish at :lol: ....

I'll have £10,000 on $150,000,000+ (£80,000,000+) :lol:   :lol: ....

link

you won't make much money on that at odds of 1/10,000,000,000 laugh.gif

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

Best dressed man on London Soul Scene, no London itself oh f*** it the whole world.

You gonna come to Solid Hit Soul now Andy ??? :lol:

link

I'd love to but I've got nothing to wear.

I'm officially 'late 30s' in a couple of months, I'm trying to lose the suits in favour of a more 'comfortable' mode of dress. Don't spoil it for me.

Oh ok then, I'll see you there tomorrow you old charmer!

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

All the people in our office obviously know about my Northern Soul obsession and I was chatting to the lad next to me when I 'found' that Gene Toones. He thought I was a bit odd bidding $800 for a record.

He asked me about an hour ago if I won the auction, and the rest of the team were listening in as he called me mental.

I replied nonchalantly...

"No, it looks like the big money boys have found it"

"what's it going for then?"

"Oh, it's up to 10 million now"

Their faces... I wish I had a camera! :lol:

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

IS IT ME OR IS GENE TOONES NOW UP TO HALF A MILLION QUID? i'N NOT THAT PISSED SURELY. :lol::lol::lol:ohmy.gif:lol::lol:

Martin

Also available on CD.

Edited by martinsbox
Social source share

Guest Phil Richards

IS IT ME OR IS GENE TOONES NOW UP TO HALF A MILLION QUID? i'N NOT THAT PISSED SURELY. :lol:   :lol:   ohmy.gif   tongue.gif   :lol:   :lol:

Martin

Also available on CD.

link

I have been out bid :lol::yes::D

Phil

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!