Gene Toones Ebay?

Guest the dukester

• Replies 181
  • Views 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I am almost convinced this is our friend from Belgium. It is easy to register an account in a different country. Unless he has moved he is in Mons.

Social source share

How do you prove to ebay that a new account has been set up by a scammer? I wonder if he as a seller would also pay ebay their percentage and fees, or avoid that somehow? You need a credit card to set up a selling account with ebay and you think they would block ones that have been abused from setting up new accounts?

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Guest dodger

Think I saw you ordering a drink in Playa del Mar a few years ago Rog.

(Very, VERY LOUDLY)  'One-o bottle-o of beer-o pour favour'

And the job was done  whistling.gif

link

That's right, and when I asked a local where the airport was I just stood there with my arms outstretched rocking from side to side and said 'Biggo silver birdo, Manuel?' and funnily enough he didn't know what I was saying. Can't think why!! :wicked::lol:

Social source share

Guest dodger

How do you prove to ebay that a new account has been set up by a scammer? I wonder if he as a seller would also pay ebay their percentage and fees, or avoid that somehow? You need a credit card to set up a selling account with ebay and you think they would block ones that have been abused from setting up new accounts?

link

I suppose if the scumbag's going to try and pull stunts like this with records it's more than feasible he'll have a good supply of stolen credit card numbers.

Social source share

Usually never :lol: .... many just go through and end.... then I suppose the "seller" then gets de-registered when eBay don't get their bit.... been a fair few like that :wicked:   whistling.gif ....

link

Ah well we will have some more fun out of this then for at least another day - though as Rog says it is a very disappointing development. Big up to the Soul - Sourcers who have potentially risked a sacrificial "negative feedback" in order to expose this crook.

Social source share

$94,400.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna have to sell my flat now to top that. Still got me tent though, but how the f**k am i gonna play the f*****g record when i get it!!!!!!!!!?????????????????

Oh the addiction of northern soul..................................

whistling.gif

Social source share

Someone should ask him if it is the version WITHOUT the Church Choir backing, as you have the rarer Church Choir backing but want the one without....but then again why bother - why no action from E Bay then? whistling.gif

link

Ebay are proberly reading this now,and having good giggle,if they pulled the the thing,it would be the end o this threid, :wicked: and it is quiet funny this,not like some of the stuff on here.

Social source share

Just about to bid. Can't get into my account so am using a friend's account. I'll put $250,000 on, someone go that big higher whistling.gif

link

Beg my ignorance,but dont you have to pay a %age,of the winning bid,to pay sellers overheads,dont know dont do ebay,but sometimes catch a link on here,if so you owe him about 20k,get your get your legal team ready!

Edited by kenneth aitchison
Social source share

pmsl  whistling.gif   :wicked:   :lol:   :D

This must be the ultimate jest, the guy must be sh*ttin' himself.

Nice one folks.

H

link

Fantastically funny and a little bit of revenge for the honest folks - it will have to go in Tim Brown's book now at that price and he won't be able to blag about Frank Wilson anymore :D:D

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Beg my ignorance,but dont you have to pay a %age,of the winning bid,to pay sellers overheads,dont know dont do ebay,but sometimes catch a link on here,if so you owe him about 20k,get your get your legal team ready!

link

Girl's blouse. No, you pay the total of the bid on the auction, nothing else, unless you snipe it whistling.gif Scaredy cat. I imagine that an appropriate response to any attempt to recover such an amount would both begin and end in "f".

Anyone feel like asking a question on the listing itself for posterity's sake? Maybe linking this thread?

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Yes, just mail him and say . . . 'Vous etes un tete de knob et un wipe de arse et un f*cker de votre mere' . . . he should gettez le message.  whistling.gif   :wicked:

link

This excellent alternative on-line disctionary should provide many of the words that you need:

https://www.notam02.no/~hcholm/altlang/ht/French.1.html#so38

I love the use of "the redcoats are coming" for Japanese flag day. They love us lot them frenchies.

Social source share

the seller has entered a --if youbid 15000 dolls you must be verified---do you think hes catching on------  its at the bottom of the page---   jo

link

Can't see owt like that but then again I'm "verified" with PayPal :wicked: .... maybe if your not then you'll see it.... part of the "tie in" between eBay and PayPal whistling.gif ....

Edited by vaultofsouler
Social source share

Guest rachel

Just bid again.... no probs whistling.gif .... deffo a PayPal verified link into eBay :wicked: ....

link

Not sure if it's a Paypal thing or having a credit card on file with eBay.. the thing about $15,000 shows up when I'm signed in (not tried to bid).. am verified with Paypal but the card I had registered with eBay has expired... just reminded me I need to do something about that actually lol....

Social source share

Not sure if it's a Paypal thing or having a credit card on file with eBay.. the thing about $15,000 shows up when I'm signed in (not tried to bid).. am verified with Paypal but the card I had registered with eBay has expired... just reminded me I need to do something about that actually lol....

link

Any one want to buy mine as its at 92500 i could buy 10 new rovers whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest rachel

the verified link has been removed from the page--------whats going on

link

I get it if I look at it on the US site but not on the UK one... err pass... whistling.gif

Social source share

I get it if I look at it on the US site but not on the UK one... err pass...  :wicked:

link

Same here Rach.... did first few bids via ebay.co.uk.... now just tried via ebay.com as notice showed.... still no probs.... deffo reason stated earlier.... presume if not "verified" via Payal to show have a legit card then can't bid.... even if seller states Western Union (BidPay) as way to pay because eBay no your good for it whistling.gif:lol::D ....

Social source share

Girl's blouse.  No, you pay the total of the bid on the auction, nothing else, unless you snipe it  :wicked: Scaredy cat.  I imagine that an appropriate response to any attempt to recover such an amount would both begin and end in "f". 

Anyone feel like asking a question on the listing itself for posterity's sake?  Maybe linking this thread?

link

whistling.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert