Otis Clay.. Live

Just passing on an email......details below..

Hello Everybody... Big News!

That's right! We are ecstatic to announce that Otis Clay has agreed to join us on November 15th! In what promises to be THE Soul event of the season, Otis will return to Memphis and join with old friends Hi Rhythm to pay tribute to our man O.V. Wright. This rare intimate club appearance (his first with Hi Rhythm in over 15 years!) promises to be the talk of the town, and tickets will be going fast. If you listen to the great rendition of A Nickel And A Nail that this same line-up recorded on Soul Man: Live In Japan, I think it gives you some idea of just how cool this is going to be!

Wow.

We will, hopefully, be announcing this to the rest of the planet tomorrow but, as a member of the team, we wanted you to be the first to know. Now is the time to buy those tickets!

I'd also like to acknowledge our newest sponsor, Hi Records, whose unselfish generosity has gone a long way towards making this all possible. Thank You Don and Jud - you guys are the greatest!

...and speaking of great guys, Tim Sampson, the Director of Communications at the Soulsville Foundation has offered to personally conduct a guided group tour of the Stax Museum of American Soul Music on November 15th at 4pm, after the museum officially closes to other visitors. We'll have the place all to ourselves! He is also offering a discounted admission price of $8.50, but space is limited, so if you'd like to join us, please send me an email to sign up. Thanks, Tim!

That's all, for now...

Stay In Touch!

red kellyovwright.orgredkelly@optonline.netThe B Sidesoul detectiveThe A Sideholy ghost

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

we saw him live-- in of all places ---IRELAND

Any body who gets to this is in for a treat !

Rob & karen

Hi Rob & Karen,

Hope you and yours are well :thumbsup:

Got to agree with you guys.

Have seen the great man perform a couple of times.

A really incredible performer!

Looks like a trip back to Memphis might be in order!

Or... maybe someone should bring him back here???

The Soul Man live in Bridlington perhaps?

:g:

Sean

Social source share

Hi Rob & Karen,

Hope you and yours are well :thumbsup:

Got to agree with you guys.

Have seen the great man perform a couple of times.

A really incredible performer!

Looks like a trip back to Memphis might be in order!

Or... maybe someone should bring him back here???

The Soul Man live in Bridlington perhaps?

:lol:

Sean

YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN YET SEAN :g:

WATCH THIS SPACE !

Rob

Social source share

we saw him live-- in of all places ---IRELAND

Any body who gets to this is in for a treat !

Rob & karen

Hi Rob & Karen,

Yes, I was at that gig in Galway as well (I live in Cork). He was great, but strange decision to leave Albert Collins (who did a set earlier in the evening) join him on guitar, Albert's harsh bluesy guitar style jarred a bit with Otis' super soulful singing, but Otis still managed to win through. Think he finished with 'Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay', and added the Line 'Sitting On The Dock Of Galway Bay' which went down well with the locals.

My first time seeing Otis, saw him lots of times since and he's always put on a great soulful show. (Hope you manage to work something out, I'll def be there.....)

Martin Goggin.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert