Liz Verdi - Think It Over (and be sure) - Columbia promo £208

Social source share

• Replies 33
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Is Barbara Mason really worth £407 these days :thumbsup: have seen it for around £100 or so in past and thought that was over priced. And how come something as Rare as Tim Harris command s just over a 100 quid more? SWONS!

Thought exactly the same.

Must have been 100 Barbara Masons pressed for every copy of Tim Harris.

Social source share

Is Barbara Mason really worth £407 these days :thumbsup: have seen it for around £100 or so in past and thought that was over priced. And how come something as Rare as Tim Harris command s just over a 100 quid more? SWONS!

That price is just Bo***** no more than £125 hope he reads this

Social source share

think I paid summat like a tenner Baz and sold it for not much more. was a good few years ago though.

YEP SOUNDS FAMILIAR MATE ALOT OF THEM ARTICS WENT FOR NOWT,EVEN THE KENNY HAMBER USED TO FETCH LITTLE MORE THAN 40-50QUID BACK IN THE DAY ,WISHED ID KEPT ALOT OF THAT STUFF LOL,STILL GOT QITE A FEW INC THE RULES OF LOVE ETC ,ITS SOME LOGO IMHO.

BAZ A :thumbup:

Social source share

2 quid for all four copies of Dave Raistrick back in the dayand its not her rarest on the label by a long way

YOU DONE WELL THERE MATE,REMINDS ME OF THE CHEAP D TOWNDS,DIAMOND JIMS AND THELMAS THAT ALWAYS FLOATED ABOUT EARLY EIGHTIES,ALSO BIG WHEELS FOR NOWT SANDY HOLLIS SOUL PACK RECORD NOW £250 LOL.

BAZ A :thumbup:

Social source share

Main Change - Sunshine is her Way - I'm pretty sure that would be an opinion splitting record on here. However, I've always liked it. Who spun it first?

Cheers.

Peter

Richard Searling's "Rock Candy" "Makes Me Feel This Way" c/u Wigan '79/'80 I reckon....

Social source share

==============================================================

Yes Ted £125 is about right for us UK collecters but you have to understand

J. Manships Auction goes Worldwide via the net and theres a awful lot of collecters

of rare 45,s outside the UK. 45,S like that are easy for us to pick up at the venues we

go to ect but whats easy for one is hard for another, blimey that last sentance sounds like

a rare 45 :yes:

X Ian C

Social source share

Main Change - Sunshine is her Way - I'm pretty sure that would be an opinion splitting record on here. However, I've always liked it. Who spun it first?

Cheers.

Peter

hi all ,any body got a tim harris for sale? plus a checker board squares? at right money? please

Social source share

:D There was one in the sales section the other day for exactly that, sat there too, might have sold now tho :yes:

Did the same person that bought Barbara Mason also buy the Ed & Ernie on Jay Boy? Wish they'd send me a wants list :D

Social source share

I've been quite surprised at to some of the tunes up for auction recently. Tunes that I generally would have thought were set sale items rather than auction items. But if they're being sold on behalf of other people, so be it. I hope the premium recieved for being on this auction outways the sale fee paid.

Social source share

I remember Rob Smith (Notts) used to play it...I love it, not sure why though!!!

I'm sure it used to go for over £300.00 years ago?

Len.

I thought the Main Change was a bit of a bargain too: it turns up pretty infrequently these days. I suppose it's the kind of sound that's desperately out of fashion, being an out and out pop/soft rock record with no pretensions whatsoever to being a soul record. That said, it is a brilliant pop/soft rock record and musically interesting enough to withstand repeated listening. The key change leading into the sax solo is phenomenal.

Social source share

Here you go RE:-BARBARA MASON, Firstly i dont know details,issue ,demo,condition,etc,but i paid $225 for my mint copy(demo) it took me almost 2 years to not only find one but to get someone to sell it at under £250.00 Pat Brady and Butch being the only 2 copies i had seen out about-and me going out every fri and sat!!!both wanted a minimum of £250 and i am talking 2 years ago,now all you out there you have a chance to put your record where your mouth is i have 2 buyers willing to pay the £125 your talking about for a mint demo,so come on lets see your barbara masons..........On a personal note whoever got it got a bargin

Gwen Owens - Just Say You're Wanted (and needed) - Velgo 1st. press £2,800

Conquistadores - Sadness and Madness - Signett £474

Ernestine Anderson - Keep An Eye On Love - Sue £137

Barbara Mason - You Better Stop It - Arctic £407

Checkerboard Squares - Double Cookin' - Villa £758

Eddie Foster - Closer Together - Ocampo £145

Spongy and the Dolls - It Looks Like Love - Bridgeview £86

Tim Harris - Don't Say - Timco £533

Everyday People Unlimited - Soul Livin' - Playground £54

Kenny Bernard - Ain't No Soul (left in these ole shoes) - Pye £81

Levert Allison - My All Is You - S.B.I £46

Tony Clarke - (they call me) A Wrong Man - M-S £213

Main Change - Sunshine Is Her Way - Nebula £195

Rising Sun - Good Loving - Kingston £560

Liz Verdi - Think It Over (and be sure) - Columbia promo £208

Social source share

It's a bit similar in style to the Chancellors on Chamus that John has up for sale currently for uk500, anyone heard that one?

the chancellors on chamus at least sounds like they were trying to be a soul group, the main change 45 doesn't sound like they even were attempting to be soul

Social source share

do you not think the tim harris is very mediocre.two labels as well eh.

just an opinion mind. the chancellors on chamus is great but at £500

john will probably have it in the pine box with him. seen it on ebay for as little

as £40. and two mates locally have picked it up even cheaper. in reality it

should be no more than £80 dealer price. we should be seeing a few barbara

masons on the market now eh....

dave

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert