• Replies 32
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

and I don't mean a crumby boot!

It's only as hard as your bank balance is big! I was offered one (along with a few other people on this forum) by Althia Brown, who is George Brown's daughter. And I know a couple this shore came, so there's actually a few more in the country than there ever was. The difficulty of getting this record (as I've found over the years) is the shortage of people willing to part with this definitive piece of soul.

Simply put it's very hard to get. Though I'm sure someone on here is the best person to ask... Good Luck.

p.s. It was booted twice. And one a lot more convincingly than the other.

Social source share

Cheers fella - but what are we talking - £500+?? I think if the moon was right and I'd had just enough red wine or whiskey I could be relieved of a few quid....

got 3 big wants, and they're all gonna cost me at some time or other - I might as well just get it over and done with!! Ha!! (the other two are Freddie Butler 'Save your love' and Masqueraders 'How')....oh well, better get myself a few more scratch cards....

Social source share

Cheers fella - but what are we talking - £500+?? I think if the moon was right and I'd had just enough red wine or whiskey I could be relieved of a few quid....

got 3 big wants, and they're all gonna cost me at some time or other - I might as well just get it over and done with!! Ha!! (the other two are Freddie Butler 'Save your love' and Masqueraders 'How')....oh well, better get myself a few more scratch cards....

Saw a Masqueraders in Butch's sales box not long ago and there is one in sales at the moment for offers.

Good luck, I'd love a copy too but will never be able to afford it unless the lottery comes in

Regards

Ian

Social source share

They were easily going for £300 when I was looking, so you might be right. Can't afford to look any more sadly.

Social source share

anybody know roughly how many copies of pyramid craig moerer had it stock?

that must have been about 10 years ago now possibly ? and they were 250 dollars if my memory serves me right.

but must be at least 300UK now id guess.

Edited by dylan
Social source share

that must have been about 10 years ago now possibly ? and they were 250 dollars if my memory serves me right.

I think you could sell them all day long at that price my friend. :rolleyes: If you were to offer a big price for a copy, you would get one no worries. Just like most records, if you are prepared to pay, then they become available. I seem to recall that the last copy that J.M. auctioned didn't go for a huge amount....£400ish?

Social source share

I had a copy that I found in a soul box from soul bowl in the mid 70's. prob '76 or '77.They were 100 unplayed asstd 45's for £5 inc postage, anybody else find one? I also found the second copy of Chris cerf which I sold to kev Roberts, Joseph Moore, Enchanters etc, as I'd stopped going to niters by '78, i moved em on for a few quid as unknowns..

Social source share

I had a copy that I found in a soul box from soul bowl in the mid 70's. prob '76 or '77.They were 100 unplayed asstd 45's for £5 inc postage, anybody else find one? I also found the second copy of Chris cerf which I sold to kev Roberts, Joseph Moore, Enchanters etc, as I'd stopped going to niters by '78, i moved em on for a few quid as unknowns..

I also got one in a soul pack in '76 (£4 for 100 45s), but not from the Bowl, it was from somewhere in Lincolnshire, I think

Nick

Social source share

Its not a really rare record, as I can testify to having at least 20/25 (minimum) copies pass through my hands from a well known US dealer late 80s early 90s. I believe copies were in Soul Bowls soul packs also, unless thats an urban myth???? :thumbsup:

Most indie releases were of a 500 count from what info I have gleamed from label owners etc.

The problem is it is a fantastic record ( one of my all time faves) and this coupled with low amounts available push up the price. Happy hunting. biggrin.gif

Dave H :D (TMIB)

Social source share

That's exactly my problem....so I'd pay £400 now 'cos I've got the cash burning a hole in my pocket. Freddie Butler is gonna have to wait til next year!

try Mark Shepherd

just traded him his old copy back, only to find he's yet again sellin his entire collection :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest mark shepherd

yes there may well be a vg+ copy available soon,

but a certain soul sourcerer has has already thrown his hat into the ring

but hes greedy and tight :yes:

and may not match my asking price which will be £400 (what i paid btw)

shep :D

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

It's only as hard as your bank balance is big! I was offered one (along with a few other people on this forum) by Althia Brown, who is George Brown's daughter. And I know a couple this shore came, so there's actually a few more in the country than there ever was. The difficulty of getting this record (as I've found over the years) is the shortage of people willing to part with this definitive piece of soul.

Simply put it's very hard to get. Though I'm sure someone on here is the best person to ask... Good Luck.

Got my first of Craig Moorer for a $100 way back, then secure another off ebay for a reasonable fee then had another 5 copies off Althia Brown, she works in a Tax Office and was really hard work, although she did send me for nothing 2 other Soul Bro Inc records and some promotional shots of the band, but she wouldn't talk about her father, even though I enquired a number of times.

Social source share

Any chance of scans of the boots please?

Julian

Social source share

Here's the most obvious one (with the otherwise acetate-only Phrenetics Band "Michigan Move" on the flipside). As far as I know, all copies of this record have the labels on the opposite side of the respective tunes:

post-1392-1223568592_thumb.jpg

Thanks Sebastian

was it booted on a US copy?

Social source share

yes there may well be a vg+ copy available soon,

but a certain soul sourcerer has has already thrown his hat into the ring

but hes greedy and tight :lol:

and may not match my asking price which will be £400 (what i paid btw)

shep :D

keep me posted - I'm gonna get married if I get that tune!

Social source share

definatly true. if you got plenty o dosh you would pick one up reasonably quickly

but at £500 it is expensive. i first bought it in 1990 for £75 and was daft enough

to sell it a couple of years later. always regreted it and finally picked up a mint

copy for £125 from the late great andy lees in the mid90s. always kept that

one because i couldnt afford to buy it now. always gets me out of a hole with

the dancefloor as well

Social source share

Me and Jamie also got one each off Althia Brown, must be over 3 years ago now. Our mate Dan Collins is the man to ask though. He tracked George down, told him how big and appreciated his music was and how much the 45 was changing hands for, upon which George broke down in tears. Dan assumed it was George finally getting the recognition for his music that he had always craved. It wasn't; George explained he had recently moved house or had a clear out and had binned about 80 copies - agh! One of the moderators should be able to dig out the old thread. Dan got a demo copy. Now that IS hard!

Rich

Social source share

I think you could sell them all day long at that price my friend. :rolleyes: If you were to offer a big price for a copy, you would get one no worries. Just like most records, if you are prepared to pay, then they become available. I seem to recall that the last copy that J.M. auctioned didn't go for a huge amount....£400ish?

Last one, I think, that JM auctioned went for £559. PB auctioned one more recently for £725.

Social source share

Me and Jamie also got one each off Althia Brown, must be over 3 years ago now. Our mate Dan Collins is the man to ask though. He tracked George down, told him how big and appreciated his music was and how much the 45 was changing hands for, upon which George broke down in tears. Dan assumed it was George finally getting the recognition for his music that he had always craved. It wasn't; George explained he had recently moved house or had a clear out and had binned about 80 copies - agh! One of the moderators should be able to dig out the old thread. Dan got a demo copy. Now that IS hard!

Rich

I've got a demo :unsure:

Julian

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert