Dennisoul

• Replies 19
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

My copy of Darrell Banks...Our Love....Revilot.....styrene and not stamped.

Is it a boot? It has ZTSC-107682-3C scratched in the dead wax

cheers, Andy

post-2620-1223288747_thumb.jpg

Hi Andy

I am currently preparing some scans, I believe that this one is OK

Will explain in a moment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• First thing to say is that "Hit & Run" does have the Stamped ZTSC Matrix and is on Styrene.

• (As mentioned in another Post. >>> LINK <<<) & IT SHOULD HAVE, & Boots / Counterfeits are on Vinyl.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whereas the Revilot White DEMO here hasn't.

It is Styrene & has a Scratched Matrix.

I purchased them from Soul Bowl & They are Originals.

Revilot_RV-201a_DJ_400.gif

Revilot_RV-201b_DJ_400.gif

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

cheers, Andy

1. The next thing is that FIRST Stock Copies of this record are on a Grey Label.
  2. They are ALL on Styrene.
  3. The Fact that your copy is Styrene suggests to me that it is OK.
  4. This record has a 2nd Issue on a Pink Revilot Label and I have scanned my copy below.
Revilot_RV-201a_400_Matrix.gif

Revilot_RV-201b_400_Matrix.gif

As you can see, One side has a STAMPED Matrix & the other has a Scratched Matrix.

This record has Sold many copies over the years, and when it gets to the Re-Issue Stage things can change.

If anyone was to go to the trouble of Counterfeiting, I would have thought that they would have gone for the

DEMO or First Stock Copy and NOT the 2nd Issue.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

cheers, Andy

I was looking at that horrible off red colour. Those 70s boots were largely vinyl as I remember.

If it's styrene does it have a Bell Sound / Nashville Matrix or Delta number I wonder?

I know what you mean about the Colour, here is the Same Record using my Old Scanner.

Revilot_RV-201a.jpgRevilot_RV-201b.jpg

Guessing that it is the scan settings?

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

• 2 months later...

I can attest that this 45 gets really difficult when trying to analyse the pink label variations. I have 3 copies on pink & they are all different from each other & none of mine are the "stamped matrix on one side" version pictured above so there are at least 4 variants on the pink label.

Social source share

1. The next thing is that FIRST Stock Copies of this record are on a Grey Label.
  2. They are ALL on Styrene.
  3. The Fact that your copy is Styrene suggests to me that it is OK.
  4. This record has a 2nd Issue on a Pink Revilot Label and I have scanned my copy below.

Only just spotted this thread and it is of interest, many thanks.

I have a Grey label first issue stock copy that is Styrene with scratched in matrix. I have always assumed that it was a genuine issue (as I've never been aware of the Grey one being booted). I have recently been considering getting a Pink issue copy to compliment it, so this information is very helpfull.

Cheers.

Social source share

I can attest that this 45 gets really difficult when trying to analyse the pink label variations. I have 3 copies on pink & they are all different from each other & none of mine are the "stamped matrix on one side" version pictured above so there are at least 4 variants on the pink label.

Only just spotted this thread and it is of interest, many thanks.

I have a Grey label first issue stock copy that is Styrene with scratched in matrix. I have always assumed that it was a genuine issue (as I've never been aware of the Grey one being booted). I have recently been considering getting a Pink issue copy to compliment it, so this information is very helpfull.

Cheers.

Thanks for your Support in this Forum, I am in the process of Including more records of Interest.

I have recently been sorting the whole of my collection into Alphabetical Order by Label, makes things a lot easier to access for scans.

Social source share

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

cheers, Andy

I know this was a while ago but rest assured it's an original. If it's styrene your safe, the Rose Batiste boot is in vinyl, that's how to tell.

I have also some Okeh on styrene given to me by one of their arrangers in Los Angeles, the matrix numbers are scratched not

stamped, don't bamboozled by famous names. I have yet to meet the person who knows it all (some are close though   :D )

Good luck

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert