Parkway West Coast Issues

Guest chorleybloke

Guest chorleybloke

Suspect its one o' them rhetorical questions because I've never seen a "2 Shields" issue. Secondary question: was there ever an issue label designed, and if so would it have followed the East Coast orange/white design.

All speculation - anyone confirm or deny?

Cheers

Pete

Social source share

• Replies 33
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi Pete

Im sure a yellow parkway issues, Ive defo seen one somewhere

but for the life of me I cant remember what or who it was.

but IM 100% SURE IVE SEEN ONE SOMEWHERE

BUT THEN AGIN..IM NORMALLY MINCED

Could it have been that Nikki Blu boot (might be wrong but think that was plain yellow)

Paul

Social source share

I can't find one either.

Nothing like this but with the harps.

[/quote

THE ONE I SAW PAUL NEWTON / SOULGALORE RECORDS HE HAD THE BUNNY SIGLER IN HIS SALES BOX A WHILE AGO. SAME TYPEFACE AS THE WEST COAST WHITE DEMO AS ABOVE BUT A LIGHT BROWN COLOURED LABLE WITH PARKWAY WRITTEN IN FANCY WRITING IN A BIG HARP.

BRI PINCH

Social source share

Guest Imogen

Sure my mate Billy Foster from Burnley picked up a Bunny Sigler-Girl Don't make me wait-on a strange looking Parkway design recently-remember talking for a while about it as neither of us had seen a copy like that before. Looked real nice

cheers

Kev Moore

Social source share

Sure my mate Billy Foster from Burnley picked up a Bunny Sigler-Girl Don't make me wait-on a strange looking Parkway design recently-remember talking for a while about it as neither of us had seen a copy like that before. Looked real nice

cheers

Kev Moore

These are my copies of "Girl Don't Make Me Wait"

Parkway_P-123-A_DJ.jpgParkway_P-123-A.jpg

Social source share

remember seeing a west coast issue of bunny sigler - follow your heart in a sales box recently, styrene vinyl and lable was shiny and light brown in colour also a totally different design to normal east coast philly parkway releases.

BRI PINCH.

Saw this one on ebay a while back, was this the one..

Parkway_KP-6001a.gif

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

yes, thats the one roger. not a later issue but the contemporary issue to the styrene west coast white demo.

BRI PINCH.

I've got other ones like that, demos, Simms Twins, olympics being two that spring to mind - they were the last releases on the label weren't they?

MGM distributing

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

Guest Imogen

These are my copies of "Girl Don't Make Me Wait"

The one on the right is the one I saw with Billy-he thought it was a much harder copy!!!!maybe?????

Social source share

The one on the right is the one I saw with Billy-he thought it was a much harder copy!!!!maybe?????

Question is, was there a DEMO for this one, and which format of any variation is rarer.

Question_Mark.jpgParkway_P-123-A.jpg

Personally I have seen a few more of this Stock Copy, could be chance though.

Sometimes happens like that.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

Question is, was there a DEMO for this one, and which format of any variation is rarer.

Question_Mark.jpgParkway_P-123-A.jpg

Personally I have seen a few more of this Stock Copy, could be chance though.

Sometimes happens like that.

Flippin eck this is way more complex than I first envisaged. So, summarising all of the above, am I right in saying that:

1) no W Coast issues incporated the "2 shields" design (or "harps" as otherwise described)?

2) So the "uneven font 2 shields" design can only be seen on W Coast white demos?

3) the W Coast dark orange outer / yellow inner designs had both demo & issue releases?; and

4) there was a late 60s mucky yellow design (but apparently only seen on "Follow My Heart")?

Cheers

Pete :thumbup:

Social source share

Flippin eck this is way more complex than I first envisaged. So, summarising all of the above, am I right in saying that:

1) no W Coast issues incporated the "2 shields" design (or "harps" as otherwise described)?

A) That would be a demo.

2) So the "uneven font 2 shields" design can only be seen on W Coast white demos?

A) Yes but you can get them on issues as well at the top left and right.

3) the W Coast dark orange outer / yellow inner designs had both demo & issue releases?; and

A) Yes they do, but the spirals as well may have east coast west coast press just a different mastering plant.

4) there was a late 60s mucky yellow design (but apparently only seen on "Follow My Heart")?

A) Its actualy green-silver-bronze-goldish.

Cheers

Pete :thumbup:

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

To be honest, This is the only West Coast Parkway "2 shields" styrene 45 I have ever owned , This is a "monarch" stamp with the "54132" delta making it 1964 - I have never seen another real west coast promo of this 45 (APART FROM THE BOOTLEG WHICH HAD THIS TYPE OF LABEL BUT IS VINYL I BELIEVE)

Has anyone else got a styrene / monarch pressed "Tymes" Demo ?? I have been told it that is a really rare way to own it ?

All my other parkway bits are vinyl !

And I have never seen an orange styrene issue with this sort of label design.

Best M

post-6465-1223504058_thumb.jpg

Social source share

To be honest, This is the only West Coast Parkway "2 shields" styrene 45 I have ever owned , This is a "monarch" stamp with the "54132" delta making it 1964 - I have never seen another real west coast promo of this 45 (APART FROM THE BOOTLEG WHICH HAD THIS TYPE OF LABEL BUT IS VINYL I BELIEVE)

Has anyone else got a styrene / monarch pressed "Tymes" Demo ?? I have been told it that is a really rare way to own it ?

All my other parkway bits are vinyl !

And I have never seen an orange styrene issue with this sort of label design.

Best M

post-6465-1223504058_thumb.jpg

Hi Mossy what's the b-side my 933 plays the other track?

With the same B-side on both the ones above.

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

"Twelfth of never" on the (A) side monarch stamp 54528 - which meant the West coast demo 45 came out October 64 promoting the "12th of never" with a miss- press of "here she comes" on the b side ! - but not on them all !

then the West Coast issue came to be !!

So then they messed up big time and changed the stamper for "here she comes" leaving the issue labels on the machine but pressing our fav dancer northern tune by mistake !!! So we have mis-pressed demos and different and mis-pressed issues then?

So definatley both very intresting and rare 45s IMO ???

Edited by mossy
Social source share

Hang on ............wait a minuite !

If I am right then (John Manship will know) every styrene copy of "The Tymes" is a fecking result!

Either it is the rare never seen mis-pressed demo of "here she comes" or it is the mis-pressed issue with our top tune on !

all the vinyls are early 64 normal issues and demos !

No.......... they corrected the flip of "12th of never" demo and issue- I just checked !

So they are both Rare Intresting West coast mis - presses !

post-6465-1223528076_thumb.jpg

Edited by mossy
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert