Look In Your Box * Lmnops *

sid jones

hi

just playin a cd i had copied off some of my vinyl back in 2003 when we was running lime street club

and came across this track witch i had forgotten about

lmnops-i need you -j b s----james brown production

2 fantastic sides

once coverd up at stafford as the volumes by guy henaggen

what i am askin does this get any plays now and whats its value

thanks

sid

Edited by sid jones
Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

how the hell do you pronounce the groups name or is it the LMNOP's? never been sure about that.

As the Ell Emm Enn Oh Pee's, I guess? :lol:

There's an in my opinion superior version of this tune (same backing, but different lead vocals and lacks the backing vocals and out-of-tune brass!) issued as "I Need You" by The International Five on the STARWAY label (this issue has got a superb ballad on the flipside as well). :thumbup:

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

bought one about 10yrs ago for 40 pounds sold it on for 100 4yrs ago when playin it at lime street club

found 3 in states sold one for 125 4years ago

and still got two a demo and issue

dont seem to see iether for sale so book price could be about right

and does any body know who the lmnops are

have they recorded anything else

sid

Edited by sid jones
Social source share

hi

just playin a cd i had copied off some of my vinyl back in 2003 when we was running lime street club

2 fantastic sides

thanks

sid

heard john vincent play it out a few years ago at the marrs bar, he didnt know the international five version, which also has a decent flipInternational_Five___i_need_you.mp3

Social source share

GETS SPINS IN MY HOUSE.THE BOOK IS ROUNDABOUT THE 250 MARK I HAVE NEVER BELIEVED THAT THIS IS A HARD RECORD PAID ABOUT 60QUID FOR MINE,IT WOULD BE INTERESTING TO SEE WHAT PEOPLE HAVE PICKED THIS UP FOR.

BAZ A :thumbup:

got this of shifty for about 40 quid about 8 years ago now ?

since sold it for not much more prehaps 60 ?

250 seems way of the mark to me.

Social source share

GETS SPINS IN MY HOUSE.THE BOOK IS ROUNDABOUT THE 250 MARK I HAVE NEVER BELIEVED THAT THIS IS A HARD RECORD PAID ABOUT 60QUID FOR MINE,IT WOULD BE INTERESTING TO SEE WHAT PEOPLE HAVE PICKED THIS UP FOR.

BAZ A wink.gif

Baz, mine came in a soul pack mate...so guess ya could say it was a pound! £250 seems totally ridiculas (Ridiculas!!! one word I just cannot bloody spell! :thumbup: )

steve

Social source share

hi

2 fantastic sides

thanks

sid

Been lookin' ages for one,one of them that payed me rtax in the past. :thumbup:

Social source share

Managed to get 2 copies of this a few years ago,kept 1 sold 1.Played it at Middleton last year,good double sider. Priced differently in guides at TB £30 and JM £250,and even Pat Brady auctioning 1.

I also remember talking to Karl Heard about the'I need you 'side at Prestatyn and he played me a tune with exactly same backing track..forgotten what it was..anybody know? cheers nick.

Edited by nick hackett
Social source share

Managed to get 2 copies of this a few years ago,kept 1 sold 1.Played it at Middleton last year,good double sider. Priced differently in guides at TB £30 and JM £250,and even Pat Brady auctioning 1.

I also remember talking to Karl Heard about the'I need you 'side at Prestatyn and he played me a tune with exactly same backing track..forgotten what it was..anybody know? cheers nick.

Could be wrong but stafford tune i think..........can someone get me one off Timi's list please!.

Social source share

Im an idiot Ken..just read the rest of the thread..International 5.

Social source share

BAZ A :wicked:

got mine on here for 40 ukp a couple of years ago. top tune imho, never played it out in front of a proper crowd thou :wave: so can't really comment on dancefloor reaction...

would really like to know a bit more about the record label. was james brown actually involved in that?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert