The Artistics

I was just looking at the Johnny Howard topic, obviously mentioned on there is The Artistics version.

It got me thinking about The Artistics and the many top tunes they've done, so I was just wondering what everyone's favourite was?

I'm not going to list them, as I will admit to not knowing them all! :rolleyes:

My current fav is the recent purchase that I made, Hope We Have on Brunswick. :good:

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I was just looking at the Johnny Howard topic, obviously mentioned on there is The Artistics version.

It got me thinking about The Artistics and the many top tunes they've done, so I was just wondering what everyone's favourite was?

I'm not going to list them, as I will admit to not knowing them all! :rolleyes:

My current fav is the recent purchase that I made, Hope We Have on Brunswick.  :good:

link

'Hope we have', then 'Girl I need you'

every home should have them!

Social source share

The album 'I'm Gonna Miss You' is consistently brilliant...track after track of quality. One of the best 60's albums? Up there. :rolleyes:

"Sweeter Than Sugar"

"Glad I Met You

"There Is No Sadness"

"Love Song"

"Hope We have"

"I'm Gonna Miss You"

"Girl I Need You"

...and on

Social source share

I'm a sucker for the flipside to "Love Song", "I'll Always Love You". Nice uptempo dancer. Great group.

link

Best for me is an occasional play of mine at SITC "This heart of mine" & the other

side I'll come running is pretty good too

Social source share

Got to be This heart of mine. Cant believe i said no to buying it for £25 a year ago.

link

Great choice, probably their best, but since its been picked will go for With These Hands, and Trouble Heartache and Pain, have them on LP not sure if on 45. To be honest this has made me realise they are a pretty consistent group for quality.

Social source share

Got to be This heart of mine. Cant believe i said no to buying it for £25 a year ago.

link

25 quid !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x4 on most lists even a year ago,who's your source, is he always cheap cheap cheap??? biggrin.gif

Fortunately bought mine many years ago & as i said brill b side

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert