Nominate "1" Soul Artist

Guest KEN-SOUL

Linda Jones - Just can't live my life

hi tabs, i absolutely love this timeless classic! the woman should have earned millions of dollars on this track alone! :)

Social source share

• Replies 68
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest mel brat

Nominate "1" Soul Artist, and their best tune...

You don't ask much do ya??!! ohmy.gif

Al Green "Tired Of Being Alone" .....

(plus all the above and 10,000 others!)

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

I'm presuming you have to name your No1 for quantity & quality soul artist & what you consider their finest performance on a 45 ?

On that basis it has to be Jackie Wilson for me........which tune ? So many & so hard to choose but for me it has to be 'I Get The Sweetest Feeling'.

A much covered tune but nobody has ever got anywhere Jackie IMO...& it still gives me goose pimples every time I hear it.

Social source share

This is really hard! For me it's Soul Bros Inc-"Pyramid" or The Fantastic Four-"Live up to what she thinks" ..I guess..Today anyway :rolleyes: .......oh no, or is it Harry Starr -"Step into my world"..Can't decide. Hmm but maybe that answers more the question of my favorite tunes.. Maybe favorite Artist who released lots and never failed to impress is good ol' Marvin Gaye and for me his best tune is "baby don't you do it".

Edited by Miss Schmidt
Social source share

Guest Bearsoul

You folks must all be hard of hearing...... :thumbup:

Marvin Gaye - What's Going On - Tamla

By a country mile.

Agreed !!! Didn't read this properly....thought it was just one you like not their best ...I must start wearing my specs and not be so bleedin vain whistling.gif

Social source share

SHIRLEY BROWN - STILL IN LOVE (Timeless Album)

:lol::lol::lol:

Hiya ,over the years of collecting soul records ,and I've had a few ,one tune has consistently sent shivers down my spine.

Not the rarest by any means But one of the best IMHO The Hesitations tune off the LP Born Free never released as a single

"DON'T GO' what a Tune...LP about a ton. CD yep .If not already available to listen to on here ,would someone please kindly post it. ATVB Stevie Z

Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

Hi Ken, 'First taste...' is in refosoul, also check out 'Please don't go' by him as well, it's on Nola, it's my girlfriends all time fave.

As for Johnnie Mae Matthews, check out the version by her niece (I believe) Audrey Matthews, this is as far as I'm aware an album track only, it's not in refosoul so if you want the file just pm me, I also have the Johnnie Mae Matthews version as well.

For me Kenny Smith - Lord What's Happening To Your People

KTF

Baz

hi matt, i don't know this one. however the first time i heard johnny mae matthews-"i have no choice" i had tears involuntary coming out!!! i have to log on to john manships rarest,to hear it, as i dont have it on tape etc. this record is a magical rollercoaster of a classic! :) the tears were probrably the white cider taking its affect!!!! ph34r.gif
Social source share

Agreed !!! Didn't read this properly....thought it was just one you like not their best ...I must start wearing my specs and not be so bleedin vain :shades:

Hi Bearsoul,

I've changed the thread title for you :lol:

Social source share

A lot of what has been mentioned is desert island disc stuff---- :no:

Just add this one to it folks---Make Sure ---The Dells

Stops you in yer tracks and yer just have to listen---brilliant :yes:

Ill go along with the above too absolutely blows me away

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!