Johnny Howard - The Chase Is On

• Replies 30
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Johnny Howard - The Chase Is On  Bashie Records (issue)

Ovenchips 2nd edition has this priced at £25.

Tim Brown has it priced at £150.

Some difference. Whats a fair selling price?

Was it ever booted?

Cheers Col.

link

Col,

Someone I know recently sold a boot for more than £25 and is now playing the Artistics version :rolleyes:

Dave

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

Col,

Someone I know recently sold a boot for more than £25 and is now playing the Artistics version  :rolleyes:

Dave

link

the artistics version doesnt get anywhere near for dancefloor quality imo

shane

Social source share

Johnny Howard - The Chase Is On  Bashie Records (issue)

Ovenchips 2nd edition has this priced at £25.

Tim Brown has it priced at £150.

Some difference. Whats a fair selling price?

Was it ever booted?

Cheers Col.

link

Last 2 i know of went for £200 and £240, both demos.

Issue rarer than the demo.

Manship just sold a boot for £40 Col.

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

This is a real second rate dancer which had about 2 weeks of popularity in 1976 before it was bootlegged.  I can't believe it's taken off again.  The Artistics £10 version is almost identical.  SWONS

link

dont be daft Pete :thumbsup:

the artistics version has nothing on the Johnny Howard. I always get up for Johnny Howard and its a perfect dancer believe me. It has everything and a brilliant tempo. Sounds so right amongst todays plays in my opinon. A great re-juvenated oldie for sure.

Put it on Pete and get out your dancing shoes. :thumbsup:

Shane

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

dont be daft Pete  :)

the artistics version has nothing on the Johnny Howard. I always get up for Johnny Howard and its a perfect dancer believe me. It has everything and a brilliant tempo. Sounds so right amongst todays plays in my opinon. A great re-juvenated oldie for sure.

Put it on Pete and get out your dancing shoes.  :thumbsup:

Shane

link

I think Pete is trying to wind people up Shane, don't bite. At least I hope he is. :yes::thumbsup:

Social source share

Nah I don't  get it, very poor then and now

link

How can you be so harsh man! :thumbsup: Those swirling strings 'n' all.

As to your other comments on this thread - "Baloney" I say on your ascertion of it being popular "for two weeks in 76". I was led to believe you were something of an "expert" on "northern".

It's actually an old "Va Va's" spin originally from c 1972-3 and big for DJ "Richard S" - originally....probably only for a few weeks mind :thumbsup::yes:

Social source share

How can you be so harsh man!  whistling.gif Those swirling strings 'n' all.

As to your other comments on this thread - "Baloney" I say on your ascertion of it being popular "for two weeks in 76". I was led to believe you were something of an "expert" on "northern".

It's actually an old "Va Va's" spin originally from c 1972-3 and big for DJ "Richard S" - originally....probably only for a few weeks mind  :rolleyes:   :lol:

link

A few days maybe. The only DJ I ever heard play it was John Manship (of all people)

p.s. in 1972-73 I was 12-13 so couldn't get to many venues unless I saved my dinner money

Social source share

I stll think this second rate (Johny H)be great when everybody forgoten it again,as i started bashie/artistics threid,i feel good that were all having a second look at the artistics,enough bashie bashin for now.Later biggrin.gif

Social source share

I stll think this second rate (Johny H)be great when everybody forgoten it again,as i started bashie/artistics threid,i feel good  that were all having a second look at the artistics,enough bashie bashin for now.Later  :lol:

link

Ken. Its brill whistling.gif you've been listening to too much Scratchy, you have :rolleyes:

Social source share

Ken. Its brill  whistling.gif   you've been listening to too much Scratchy, you have  :rolleyes:

link

Ye you and ME alike, scratchy moving up the money charts,due to recent revival. :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert