Mel Britt Re-Issue On Ebay

Soulsider

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=170268301013

I am amazed how much 2nd issues fetch these days. I bought this around 1976 as a second issue for £1. I have not played it for nigh on 20 years at least. Mint minus I would say just having a look at it.

I have just got back into record collecting with a vengance so perhaps this is the norm for a record as good as this, even on a re-issue?

:rolleyes:

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=170268301013

I am amazed how much 2nd issues fetch these days. I bought this around 1976 as a second issue for £1. I have not played it for nigh on 20 years at least. Mint minus I would say just having a look at it.

I have just got back into record collecting with a vengance so perhaps this is the norm for a record as good as this, even on a re-issue?

:thumbsup:

Sold mine for £50 and that was after getting my arm twisted! I didn't want to sell it but people can be persuasive. Still much in demand even on the 2nd press.....

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Soz. Wasn't completely sure where it came from.....

Ian D biggrin.gif

Ok boot it is then. I just read the words in the ad and got carried away in the haste to post on here!

Even so Ian, £42 for a boot amazes me but I suppose I shouldn't be. And yes mine is a boot too.

That clears that up then biggrin.gif

Social source share

Yep i'ts a boot, but what amazes me is that people don't shop around after all We are in a credit crunch. kjw has one one here at £25. Kev's gradings are always spot on so it would seem someone will get a bargain.

Pat

BOOTS AND BARGAIN

THOSE TWO WORDS SHOULD NEVER BE IN SAME SENTENCE biggrin.gif

LAZY WAY TO COLLECT RECORDS ,MIGHT AS WELL PAY £15 AND GET TWO TOP TUNES ON A CARVER!

BETTER STILL A FULL LP

Social source share

BOOTS AND BARGAIN

THOSE TWO WORDS SHOULD NEVER BE IN SAME SENTENCE :P

LAZY WAY TO COLLECT RECORDS ,MIGHT AS WELL PAY £15 AND GET TWO TOP TUNES ON A CARVER!

BETTER STILL A FULL LP

With That Said though Nev.

I Collect Albums and I can tell you, as I am sure you know..............some TOP TUNES that are only available on Album yes.gif

Best

Bully shhh.gif

Social source share

BOOTS AND BARGAIN

THOSE TWO WORDS SHOULD NEVER BE IN SAME SENTENCE :P

BETTER STILL A FULL LP

Well I can't disagree with you Mr Northern Nev on the old boot v OVO, but if someone is paying £50 plus for something and can get it half that price and they want it, then that is a bargain and my policy as mentioned in that OVO thread is OVO. thumbsup.gif

As for LP only tracks, bring em on thumbup.gif . Bye the way Can't thank you enough Nev for the Ripple Blast Singers LP.

Social source share

With That Said though Nev.

I Collect Albums and I can tell you, as I am sure you know..............some TOP TUNES that are only available on Album :lol:

Best

Bully :lol:

Hi Bully

should have read "put on a carver lp"

Agree totally, am a big lp fan myself,been trying to tell Shep that for ages,he's now finally got the message.

Nev :lol:

Social source share

Guest mel brat

I Collect Albums and I can tell you, as I am sure you know..............some TOP TUNES that are only available on Album :lol:

Best

Bully :lol:

That's true, but Mel Britt ain't one of them! :lol:

(£42 for a bootleg of anything is ludicrous IMO. I hate 'em!)

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Mell Britt 2nd Issue / re Issue / bootleg, what ever you want to call it has always fetched 20 quid, I was told it was pressed at monach, and was pressed on styrene, and in far better sound quality on vinyl!!

I don't own many re issues or boots, but maybe its something about this release. I treasure my vinyl copy which I paid a fiver for... I would also never sell my boot of Trade Martin, too many memories of collecting when I really did not have any money, but then back then you could get most 50-100 quid records for a tenner or a fiver...!! :)

Carver discs imo, just aint got any soul, if you know what I mean..

Mal

By the way Nev, cheque went this morning mate..

Chers

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

Yeah ,but maybe ,just maybe..some people actually collect "original bootlegs" :P:):thumbsup:

ME!

Obviously, original is best....but i've stacked a few 'original bootlegs' laugh.gif as you put it, together in a box for keep sake. The good ones, like Mel Britt, Alexander Patton, Lenny Curtis, Eddie Parker, Gwen Owens, Salvadors...etc. I'm not talking about the latest cheap looking boots but those from the 70's that really do look the business. The Lenny Curtis for example is a great quality styrene bootleg and looks the business! A hard one to find, that much I do know.

There are a few who collect these believe me, and some are very hard to get.

Edited by Soul-Slider
Social source share

BOOTS AND BARGAIN

THOSE TWO WORDS SHOULD NEVER BE IN SAME SENTENCE :)

BETTER STILL A FULL LP

Ok let me think, uummm someone taks a copy of Mel britt and copies it, sticks a look alike label on it and it's called a boot, now 20 years or so later someone takes a cd/lp track copies it and sticks it on viynal and calls it a carver, can someone tell me the difference please?

Chris

Social source share

ME!

Obviously, original is best....but i've stacked a few 'original bootlegs' laugh.gif as you put it, together in a box for keep sake. The good ones, like Mel Britt, Alexander Patton, Lenny Curtis, Eddie Parker, Gwen Owens, Salvadors...etc. I'm not talking about the latest cheap looking boots but those from the 70's that really do look the business. The Lenny Curtis for example is a great quality styrene bootleg and looks the business! A hard one to find, that much I do know.

There are a few who collect these believe me, and some are very hard to get.

And me,

Ive got quite a few old boots from the 70s, and whenever Ive parted with one for pennies, ive regretted it. They are a part of my past, and they look so much nicer than the newer ones of today. So they are staying on my shelf, no more into the rubbish box!!

P :yes:

Social source share

Its very well decrying boots, and getting all bolshie about them, its not every one that can afford originals , do we sense a feeling off panic that it will effect the price off the orig. like it used to in the 60s. They are what they are, the music is still there, 'its in the grooves that count'

Social source share

Price for the Mel Britt looks cheap at the side of the Melvin Moore boot from the same seller.

Mad thing is that it was only booted a couple of years ago so how it's been in his collection for 30 years god only knows.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MELVIN-MOORE-on-SKY-...id=p3911.c0.m14

Same goes for the Lou Pride he has listed.

-------------

Are you sure this isnt the 70s reissue???

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert