Opinions Please - Unissued Monument Recording

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Johnny One Trout

Maxine Weldon "Pour some water on me" (Unissues Monument)

Not really Northern Soul, but I quite like it. I'll leave it up to you lot though for the final decision :)

Billy :ohmy:

link

Mark i can't play it from here anychance of sending the file in an email to john.nightingale@blueyonder.co.uk

cheers

John

Social source share

I thnk if I was playing this 'blind so to speak it wouldn't get past the first second before I was flipping it over to hear the other side :) Having said that if you give it a chance the vocals are OK. I have lots of sounds like this bought blind :angry: still some of my blind buys have been a bit better :ohmy:

Social source share

It's worth a tenna of anyone's money simply to be made into a HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGE ashtray :thumbsup:

link

I'm not sure about this idea of turning records into ashtrays. Surely, if you flick your cigarette into a melted record, the ash would escape through the centre hole and therefore be a health hazard. There is also the chance that the smell of burning vinyl could affect your central nervous system. Therefore I ask that the moderators ban BillytheBoot for encouraging such stupid and dangerous practises :thumbsup:

Social source share

I'm not sure about this idea of turning records into ashtrays.  Surely, if you flick your cigarette into a melted record, the ash would escape through the centre hole and therefore be a health hazard.  There is also the chance that the smell of burning vinyl could affect your central nervous system. Therefore I ask that the moderators ban BillytheBoot for encouraging such stupid and dangerous practises  :thumbsup:

link

Mark should be banned for posting it up in the first place!

If Maxine is still alive and can be found, perhaps she might like it? At least you would be giving something back to the original artist!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert