Andybody Ever Seen This Ungoogleable Jam?

Sharlow45

Anybody know anything about this one?

I just picked this up yesterday on the South Side of Chicago and can't find any listings for it. Surprising, because it's got a sound I would think R&B leaning Northern DJs would be into. I'll put up soundclips if anybody's interested.

EddieKingMaeBMae_GetOffMyBa.png

Edited by sharlow45
Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Anybody know anything about this one?

I just picked this up yesterday on the South Side of Chicago and can't find any listings for it. Surprising, because it's got a sound I would think R&B leaning Northern DJs would be into. I'll put up soundclips if anybody's interested.

EddieKingMaeBMae_GetOffMyBa.png

there's a eddie king and mae b mae on conduc that turns up that also has a nice R&B sound. I don't know that one though. what you found is also a cool mica related label, I haven't seen that label before.

Edited by boba
Social source share

there's a eddie king and mae b mae on conduc that turns up that also has a nice R&B sound. I don't know that one though. what you found is also a cool mica related label, I haven't seen that label before.

I think I heard the Conduc record one time, but I can't remember how I felt about it. I ran into this in an unusual collection of records at a yard sale yesterday. A lot of unplayed small label records spanning a lot of styles, but mostly R&B tinged soul. Here's some sound clips of the Eddie King and Mae B. Mae. I like the B-side better, but I suppose the DJs might like the tempo of the A-side:

SOUNDCLIPS (click on links here below):

Eddie King Mae B. Mae - Get Off My Back - Jay-V 1001-A

Eddie King Mae B. Mae - Really They Don't Know - Jay-V 1001-B

-s

Edited by sharlow45
Social source share

I think I heard the Conduc record one time, but I can't remember how I felt about it. I ran into this in an unusual collection of records at a yard sale yesterday. A lot of unplayed small label records spanning a lot of styles, but mostly R&B tinged soul. Here's some sound clips of the Eddie King and Mae B. Mae. I like the B-side better, but I suppose the DJs might like the tempo of the A-side:

SOUNDCLIPS (click on links here below):

Eddie King Mae B. Mae - Get Off My Back - Jay-V 1001-A

Eddie King Mae B. Mae - Really They Don't Know - Jay-V 1001-B

-s

I can record the conduc one for you if you want ("that one" I was talking about was the one you found).

Social source share

I can record the conduc one for you if you want ("that one" I was talking about was the one you found).

Yeah, cool, that'd be great.

I saw the Goldsby writing credit and was thinking at first about Nu-Tone Goldsby, but not the right first initial. M. Smith is credited for writin gthe B-side along with D. Astell and E. King. You ever seen Nay Jean publishing credits? I know I've seen Ladybird on some other records.

Social source share

• 1 year later...
Guest wrighty

Anybody? I would find it hard to believe that there wouldn't be somebody who has seen this before.

got one on ebay a few months back, about $250 i think, thought i was going to get it a lot cheaper but didnt want to miss it by bidding too low and someone obviously felt the same :thumbsup:

Edited by wrighty
Social source share

Guest Craig A Butler

got one on ebay a few months back, about $250 i think, thought i was going to get it a lot cheaper but didnt want to miss it by bidding too low :thumbsup:

Got one of these a few years ago off a set sale list for around $20 & quite like this & the other on Conduc.

Have played it out the odd time too.

ATB, Craig

Social source share

got one on ebay a few months back, about $250 i think, thought i was going to get it a lot cheaper but didnt want to miss it by bidding too low and someone obviously felt the same :rolleyes:

i was probably the second bidder, i still need the title as a chicago record

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert