What 45 Would You Make Into A

shute

Not sure if this subject has been discused before.......but....

As we all must have a 'HATE' soul sound, whats yours that you would like to make into a Frizbie for your dog to chase or make into an ashtray just for the pleasure of doing it as you hate it with a passion..........

As I have started this topic, I'll go first

RITA D'COSTA - DON'T BRING ME DOWN

The vocals go through me like a hot knife through butter............

Social source share

• Replies 44
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

any overplayed oldie but ultimate hate is shirley ellis soul time

link

Got this sung in french,wonder if thats ok to your ears,and all G******e 7s best ashtrays ever!!!, :rolleyes: Ken

Social source share

Can one enquire as to which makes the better ashtray? - styrene or vinyl? Any tips on temperature settings? Wouldn't them importy records have a big hole in the centre - rendering them useless for collecting cigarette ash. In fact as much use as a copy of Larry Trider at a quality soul night!!!!!!

Social source share

Not sure if this subject has been discused before.......but....

As we all must have a 'HATE' soul sound, whats yours that you would like to make into a Frizbie for your dog to chase or make into an ashtray just for the pleasure of doing it as you hate it with a passion..........

Jewels - We Got Togetherness :angry:

William Powell - Heartache Souvenirs :huh:

Shirley Ellis - Soul Time (good call, Mr Wapples!) :sleep3:

Dells - Make Sure :ohmy:

I can feel the bile rising so I'll stop there!

Nick

Social source share

Guest Jamie

For some reason I always hated Willie Mitchell 'The Champion'. I just always thought it sounded like a big pile of steaming horse sh*t.

I'm too young to have been at venues when it was played, and I've heard the old stories like at Cleethorpes when they used to turn the volume down and all you hear were the stompers on the wooden floor in time with the music.

All that sounds great and all that, but I still think it is awful.

And all these 'Bontempi' sounding modern reworkings of classics with different artists - AAAARRRRGGHHHH!!! :huh:

Edited by Jamie
Social source share

Can one enquire as to which makes the better ashtray? - styrene or vinyl? Any tips on temperature settings? Wouldn't them importy records have a big hole in the centre - rendering them useless for collecting cigarette ash. In fact as much use as a copy of Larry Trider at a quality soul night!!!!!!

link

I would think styrene better for frizbys as it's lighter, vinyl better for ashtrays as it's prone to warping.

My choice:

To be made into ashtrays....

Anything by Jesse Davis :huh:

...can't think of anything styrene I really hate, I'll come back to that.

Billy :dance:

Edited by billytheboot
Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

delcos - arabia ....always fucking hated it ..... never liked johnnie mae matthews " i have no choice " either

Davie

Social source share

Guest Jamie

Ben E Troy - I wanna give you tomorrow..sounds like F****** !!! Neil Diamond IMHFO :huh:

Have a Gorilla !!!!!  :huh:

link

:ohmy::shhh:

You can imagine him with a big wirey comb-over, tan and loads of bling on :lol:

"Give it up for Benjamin Troysteinberg III......."

The dancers love it though.

Jamie :sleep3:

Social source share

:huh:   :sleep3:

You can imagine him with a big wirey comb-over, tan and loads of bling on  :ohmy:

"Give it up for Benjamin Troysteinberg III......."

The dancers love it though.

Jamie  :shhh:

link

Not far wrong.... i used to have a De-Lite compilation LP that had a picture of him on the sleeve.... think of a greasy 70s era Tom Jones wearing Crushed Velvet Suit, Platforms, open shirt and medallion, and you won't go far wrong.......

WOOF!

Social source share

I would think styrene better for frizbys as it's lighter, vinyl better for ashtrays as it's prone to warping.

My choice:

To be made into ashtrays....

Anything by Jesse Davis :huh:

...can't think of anything styrene I really hate, I'll come back to that.

Billy :dance:

link

Anything by Jesse Davis :sleep3:

Social source share

Guest 45s and 33s

Nick wack f*cking patty wack; Jeanette; Third window; Pressure (sorry Davie); Ordinary Joe; Too Late; Getting together and that kin' awful Polk salad annie.

Ali

Social source share

Guest hammy

Strong sentiments from the Longforgan jury :huh::ohmy::shhh::huh::sleep3:

Has anyone mentioned Ace Spectrum yet ? ... purely in terms of overexposure, it's the soul scene's version of Agadoo ! lol

Hammy

Social source share

Dont think its the exact same picture, but blow me, its close enough....

What a manny fagnet he must have been.

WOOF!

link

It's the actual picture sleeve to "I wanna give you...." I wonder how many people saw it and bought the single 'on spec' ?!!!!!

Edited by Hippo
Social source share

Guest alison

Dont think its the exact same picture, but blow me, its close enough....

What a manny fagnet he must have been.

WOOF!

link

Cor Blimey - surely it's one of the Osmonds :huh:

My contemporary ashtray would be Bill Bush.

Previous ashtrays include Cochise, The Statue, Sunny D'nuzio, most instrumentals....but too many to mention as I smoke a lot :sleep3:

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

loving by the pound

sugar dumpling

jr walker instrumentals

you dont know where your interest lies

i'm a big man

just a few ready for the meltdown imo :huh:

Shane

Social source share

Guest rachel

Agree on Gayle Adams and Ordinary Joe.. plus the Carstairs... and Dottie & Millie (although I wouldn't melt this if people would play the other side instead for a change)!

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

Its like a soul 'Room 101'

Who shall we nominate to open the trap-door?

I think it would be a good idea but only if you could give valid reason which could be accepted by the majority. :huh:

Shane

Social source share

Guest alison

Its like a soul 'Room 101'

Who shall we nominate to open the trap-door?

I think it would be a good idea but only if you could give valid reason which could be accepted by the majority.  :huh:

Shane

link

I'm an apprentice pyromaniac - can I light the fire ?

I think I have an executioners gene somewhere deep inside :shhh:

Oh bugger, Troutface keeps make me strong cocktails, I'll be setting fire to the record boxes soon :ohmy: Some will say good riddance to overpriced Xover :sleep3:

Social source share

Guest 45s and 33s

Agree on Gayle Adams and Ordinary Joe.. plus the Carstairs... and Dottie & Millie

Hi Rachel

Forgot about these toe-curlingly crap sounds. :huh:

Ali

Social source share

loving by the pound

sugar dumpling

jr walker instrumentals

you dont know where your interest lies

i'm a big man

just a few ready for the meltdown imo  :huh:

Shane

link

Am I reading some of you guys correctly? First we have 'Make Sure-THE DELLS on the ashtray list, now Shane surprisingly lists 'Lovin By The Pound-OTIS REDDING.

I know we drew at Oldham mate, but could you RECONSIDER? Or is Brenda Holloway on the list too?

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

Am I reading some of you guys correctly? First we have 'Make Sure-THE DELLS on the ashtray list, now Shane surprisingly lists 'Lovin By The Pound-OTIS REDDING.

I know we drew at Oldham mate, but could you RECONSIDER? Or is Brenda Holloway on the list too?

link

not too many good results for the owls in recent weeks. i still think we will be ok for the playoffs.

i have always disliked loving by the pound. its the stomping sound that i dislike. i 'run for cover' when that one begins. love brenda holloway though :huh:

shane

Social source share

Guest rachel

Carstairs was a groundbreaking tune - perhaps it being only just over 30 years old makes it toooooooooooooooo "modern" for some of you.

link

No, I just can't stand the f**king thing!!! On one of the first compilations I bought, didn't like it then, like it even less now I've heard it 10000 times during my few years on the scene!!! :huh:

Social source share

Carstairs was a groundbreaking tune - perhaps it being only just over 30 years old makes it toooooooooooooooo "modern" for some of you.

40 year old reggae tunes - pass me the blowtorch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

link

What, groundbreaking by being the biggest pile of shit ever played up to that point?

For paving the way for hundreds of tenth rate disco records to ruin the northern scene?

You know what you can do with your blowtorch...

Social source share