Gospel Classics Lp

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I've been told by reliable sources that an LP with '(More Love) That's what we need' was never made.

However, I have a copy of it, but I'm having trouble finding more information about it.

Anyone know more?? Rarity, values.......the usual stuff.

Thanks

link

Can't be that reliable as you have a copy, so obviously been pressed :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Sorry LP's not my strong point so can't really help.

Social source share

Guest Jamie

Just listened to the 7" on UK Chess at Bretts house this morning over breakfast, as you do.

Never seen the album though.

The 7 is worth a few quid though, so I imagine/assume the LP would reflect that??

Jamie

Social source share

• 7 years later...

Some info here.

https://www.recordcon...hecker10046.htm

https://gospelexplosi...od.com/id9.html

This was on 123 Motown's wants list in May but no replies to date. Thread reads:

Top drawer only copies please for a mate's present , last copy on Popsike went for $28 dollars in Jan !!! so NO silly offers please I'm after the album NOT the single !!

I finally acquired the single yesterday after searching for a couple of years. In all that time, I never came across the album so think it must be fairly uncommon. I am also intrigued to know what the album is like.

Edited by autumnstoned
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest trickbag

NS THE GOSPEL CLASSICS WE'VE GOT TO JOIN HANDS 1968

180703456606.jpg

Start Time: 07/31/2011 End Time: 08/07/2011

Seller Feedback: 205 Buyer Feedback: 1321

End Price: $28.63 USD Number of Bids: 3

180703456606.jpg

Northern Soul Gospel LP by The Gospel Classics, "We've Got to Join Hands," Checker Records, LPS 10046, Stereo, 1968

Tracks:

• That's What We Need
  • Somewhere In This World
  • You Need Faith
  • Down So Long
  • Come On, Jesus
  • Working for Jesus
  • We've Got to Join Hands
  • Ezekiel
  • I Won't Mind
  • I'm Coming Home
  • Father, It's Finished
  • You Can Depend on Me

includes track listing.

cheap at £15 quid.

ricky

Social source share

The track "More Love ..." also appeared on an original various artist gospel LP that Checker issued in the US in '67 ... I have the LP filed away here somewhere ...

We've had a few threads on here with this theme but there really are a number of great tracks just perfect for the Northern scene on many of the Chess gospel series of releases (with full instrumentation too - not just piano bass and drums) like the now well known "Since I've Been Born Again" by Martha Bass.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert