Dave Pinch

• Replies 24
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

cant ever recall seeing one on ebay on either variation. JM had an admirations on auction

must be 8 or 9 years ago when he first started them. i think mick h and mick smith

have aspirations. i think carl willingham got chris kings admirations a few years ago.

apart from that ive never seen anymore for sale

dave

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

cant ever recall seeing one on ebay on either variation. JM had an admirations on auction

must be 8 or 9 years ago when he first started them. i think mick h and mick smith

have aspirations but thy both seem to be rare peices to me

dave

Hi Dave,

Think Ted said the other day, on another thread, that he has it as the Aspirations.

Social source share

Jim Wensiora had Admirations which went to Keb then Carl Fortnum.

thats the copy i have. at least i got a copy from carl in the mid 90s.

it may well have been on ebay. ive only been on 5 years and ive never

seen one and none have ever shown on popsike. Looks to me like theres

nothing between them. its rare either way

dave

Social source share

The thing is with these records is when they change hands it makes it harder to work out how many there are. At the end of the day, we're only looking after them for the next person.

I would say the flip side "I want to be free" has still got some mileage left in it. "You left me" has been a bit over played ?

post-2021-1222510037_thumb.jpg

Social source share

i would agree with you there pottsy. i played it at york soul club last time i was there

and its the side i bought it for in the first place. i was going to buy trev thomas`s

(soulman i964) one sided acetate of IWTBF and then a chance conversation the same night

got me a peaches copy instead. twice the price but at least i got 2 sides for the money

dave

Social source share

i would agree with you there pottsy. i played it at york soul club last time i was there

and its the side i bought it for in the first place. i was going to buy trev thomas`s

(soulman i964) one sided acetate of IWTBF and then a chance conversation the same night

got me a peaches copy instead. twice the price but at least i got 2 sides for the money

dave

hi dave / bri.... bloody hell, i'd forgotten all about that acetate, i got it from gaz field, the guy in america who he got it from said he also had a one sided acetate of you left me, apparantly they came to him as a pair, but, he'd misslaid "you left me", he was going to send it over when he found it, but, alas it never turned up. the aforementioned "ive got to be free acetate ended up with nick brown down in london, it was a different mix to the 45

Social source share

hi dave / bri.... bloody hell, i'd forgotten all about that acetate, i got it from gaz field, the guy in america who he got it from said he also had a one sided acetate of you left me, apparantly they came to him as a pair, but, he'd misslaid "you left me", he was going to send it over when he found it, but, alas it never turned up. the aforementioned "ive got to be free acetate ended up with nick brown down in london, it was a different mix to the 45

yes trev it nearly came home with me that night. imagine the quality of the stuff we all used

to have going thru our hands in those days that you could afford. i can remember seeing the

likes of you and buying ree flores, new yorkers, willie T `so much fun`with a bit of money in my

pocket. cant really get owt like that now unless i sold summat or traded

dave

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

yes trev it nearly came home with me that night. imagine the quality of the stuff we all used

to have going thru our hands in those days that you could afford. i can remember seeing the

likes of you and buying ree flores, new yorkers, willie `so much fun`with a bit of money in my

pocket. cant really get owt like that now unless i sold summat or traded

dave

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert