Robert Dobyne - Can't Get Along Without You

Soulsider

I missed out on this tonight on ebay. My computer at the last few seconds froze and said NOOOOOOOO. Unmarked demo copy went for £10.50. :P Anyone got a spare copy they wanna offload in a similar condition? The ones left on ebay have no scans or have felt tip marks on the label. Ta in advance.

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The Robert Dobyne 45 was released with two title variations: "Can't Get Along Without You" and "I Can't Get Along Without You". I have copies of both. Funny old record: the backing track and song are absolutely wonderful, but the weedy, double-tracked vocals are a bit of a stumbling block for me.

This can't be the former member of The Artistics of the same name, can it, as this fellow sounds 100% caucasian.

The Maxine Brown version on Commonwealth is one of the great cheapies: a masterpiece, really.

Social source share

The Robert Dobyne 45 was released with two title variations: "Can't Get Along Without You" and "I Can't Get Along Without You". I have copies of both. Funny old record: the backing track and song are absolutely wonderful, but the weedy, double-tracked vocals are a bit of a stumbling block for me.

This can't be the former member of The Artistics of the same name, can it, as this fellow sounds 100% caucasian.

The Maxine Brown version on Commonwealth is one of the great cheapies: a masterpiece, really.

Brilliant record, totally forgot i had this, now need to find the "bugger", didn't know about the "I" re the title difference, also came out on Australian Astor 1249, attachment=54019:pic2.jpg] This is the Artistics Robert Dobyne, but it can't be him can it ?

Brett F :thumbsup:

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

I can read pal. i just thought it odd that you would start rambling about maxine brown

when the guy wants robert dobyne.

dave

I wasn't rambling mate I am sat down in a chair at my Mac, do you think I am a phooking acrobat who hoinks his lap top up on the dales to log into SS.

Maxine Browns name is on the disc or the paper cover don't ask my why but it is.

If fact the covers not for sale.

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

would that be an acrobat in the yorkshire dales.does it pay good money.

seriously tho if i were you proph i would marry that sleeve up with a copy of

maxines superior version, frame it and pop it on the wall.that would be nice

to look at :D

dave

Hurrmmm thats quiet a good Idea Dave I will try that. :D

Oh by the way I got it wrong its written on the label but I found that with a fu-king hot knife I can cut the label off from the disc so I can now put that on the Maxine copy, the only draw back is I now need a spindle middle with a 90mm hole :g:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert