Citizen P

• Replies 29
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest mel brat

Steve played this at The Junction last Saturday, and reminded me what a great tune this is, but..........

Nagging at the back of me head, something's telling me that there was another version played out in the dim and distant, so.

Am I right or just losing a bit more????

ATB

Tony

I agree. What a fabulous side! Only suffered from a later lack of play because legitimate copies came through in quantity. Have many happy memories of this one. Never heard a different version though. It would be interesting to find out...

Social source share

I agree. What a fabulous side! Only suffered from a later lack of play because legitimate copies came through in quantity. Have many happy memories of this one. Never heard a different version though. It would be interesting to find out...

Seem to think it was more of a Group sound, but I could be losing it y'know.

Tony

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Seem to think it was more of a Group sound, but I could be losing it y'know.

Tony

I'm way out of my depth on that question I'm afraid, but someone will probably know. :P

Social source share

do you not think it sounds a little bit like the spinners `i`ll always love you` particularly

in the chorus. we recently bought a mint original white demo off ebay . it was cheap

because the seller had very poor feedback. we thought we`d take a chance. when it came

it looked brand new but it had a tiny crack on the run in :wicked: . tried to contact the seller

but they`ve been kicked off ebay. cant find no trace of them. ah well win some lose

some. That said, for what it cost and it is a rare dj copy with stamp..........did we lose :P

dave

Social source share

Do you mean Pierre Hunt on Golden Wheels. Wasn't that a 70's version.

ROD

which was the remake of Chris Hamilton - "i've got to have your love" on Bell.(60's?).Nothing to do with Mil Evans tho'.

Played "thing won't be the same",recently (other side of IGTHYL),but don't understand your post Dave. huh.gif

Edited by KevH
Social source share

which was the remake of Chris Hamilton - "i've got to have your love" on Bell.(60's?).Nothing to do with Mil Evans tho'.

Played "thing won't be the same",recently (other side of IGTHYL),but don't understand your post Dave. huh.gif

hi kev

tony said in his initial post that IGTHYL sounded like something else or maybe there

was another version.to my ears it sounds like the spinners i`ll always love you. I dont know of

another version of mill evans . like you say chris hamilton/pierre hunt sound nothing like

mill evans. then i was just pointing out that i like the flip of IGTHYL. this is on the esquires LP get on up.

it plays the same take as the 45.hope this helps

cheers dave

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

hi kev

tony said in his initial post that IGTHYL sounded like something else or maybe there

was another version.to my ears it sounds like the spinners i`ll always love you. I dont know of

another version of mill evans . like you say chris hamilton/pierre hunt sound nothing like

mill evans. then i was just pointing out that i like the flip of IGTHYL. this is on the esquires LP get on up.

it plays the same take as the 45.hope this helps

cheers dave

Mill Evans rarity on Tou-Sea 'When I'm Ready' is also on the Esquires L.P ...exactly the same cut.

As Mill was lead singer, they were obviously grooming him for a solo career and released these just under his name.

Edited by Soul-Slider
Social source share

Mill Evans rarity on Tou-Sea 'When I'm Ready' is also on the Esquires L.P ...exactly the same cut.

As Mill was lead singer, they were obviously grooming him for a solo career and released these just under his name.

Mill was not the lead singer of the esquires, you got your story totally backwards, he was a solo singer BEFORE and the esquires ended up backing him on his cuts, then he became a member of the esquires. they just happened to include a cut that he cut as a solo artist on the LP.

Social source share

yes great double sider,just right to reactivate and is it only 2 mins long so no excuse

not to slip it in.laugh.gif

did not know Mill was lead with the Esquires,will give that a play over the weekend as

there is some cracking tracks on it including women and my sweet baby

kev

Social source share

yes great double sider,just right to reactivate and is it only 2 mins long so no excuse

not to slip it in.laugh.gif

did not know Mill was lead with the Esquires,will give that a play over the weekend as

there is some cracking tracks on it including women and my sweet baby

kev

Again, Mill was NOT lead of the esquires. He did sing lead in the Sheppards though.

Social source share

Mill was not the lead singer of the esquires, you got your story totally backwards, he was a solo singer BEFORE and the esquires ended up backing him on his cuts, then he became a member of the esquires. they just happened to include a cut that he cut as a solo artist on the LP.

Ahh, thanks for that, so he was a member at one time. The Tou-sea 45 was cut before he joined the group. Got it now :lol:

Social source share

the esquires must have been struggling for material?. as bob says the solo stuff was done well before the lp. my mill evan constellation 45 is date stamped 5 aug 1966. a whole year

before the esquires get on up was released

dave

don't forget the awesome "Listen to me",other side of "Get on up",on Bunky,Capitol and Stateside (sound clip anyone?).And the evergreen,"The feelings gone" another Bunky's pick....KEV. :lol:

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Think it was also bootlegged in the 70's on blue Constellation.

It may even have been bootlegged on OOTP? It was played around that period, 1973-ish... :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert