Emanuel Laskey...don`t Lead Me On

Dennisoul

It`s been done on a thread before but I can`t find it, so could anybody please put up the 2 different mixes of Emanuel Laskeys..."Dont lead me on baby".

The one I`ve got has the matrix ARP Nashville matrix ZTSC 9770(scratched out) 97699 59 , Mr Manships guide says this is the first mix.

Would any of you guys or gals please put up the 2 different mixes along with the corresponding matrix numbers, I`m a bit confused on this one.(some would say with most things) :(

thanks, Andy.

Edited by Dennisoul
Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

My copy is plum coloured dont lead me on baby side has ZTSC9770 scratched in run out but ZTSC97699 on label and is bell sound stamped and the opposite on the what did I do wrong side. Was talking to Dave Flynn about the two dfferent presses and he says one has more strings on them. Which is the first press I dont think anyone knows

Hope this helps a bit

Regards

Ian

Social source share

Yeah the start of that one is different than mine too mate. mine is not listed in JM's edition four but he had one for sale on his site not too long ago stating bell sound stamped. I kno.w Hitsville Chalky has the same copy as you but I've never heard his and mine played together.

I did put a thing about mine on a couple of other detroit sites, soulful detroit and the rare soul forum a few months ago but nothing was conclusive. I know adam Topping had anoher copy of mine some months ago(soul45er on here). Maybe someone on here can help

Regards

Ian

Social source share

Thanks Steve, :rolleyes: thats the one I`ve got......with a bit of luck somebody will put the other one up aswell.

hope so Dennis, been wanting to hear em both side by side for ages! as I dont think Ive heard anything (apart from the later 115 issue) that sounded different except did think I once heard the track and thort the girly bit might have been different but wasnt sure :thumbup:

steve

Social source share

hiya Crumb, hope you an Dawn are well mate, have ya got a soundclip of your copy to post up. take it ya 97700 aint scratched out

steve

Yeah, we're both fine, hope yuo & Tina are as well. Can't post it on here cuz refosoul's down so I've emailed it to you. Nothing scratched out, just 97700 & bell sound.

Cheers

Crumb

Social source share

That makes sense thumbsup.gif

Do the other 2 original releases sound much different from each other, to you Chalky?

not listened/compared for some time, not since we discussed this on the Rare Soul forum some time ago. I'll have a listen when I get the chance.

Got the DVD yesterday pal, many thanks, will sit down and watch it, again as soon as I get the chance thumbup.gif

Social source share

The 115 re-issue is actually Billy Kennedy and not Emanuel Laskey.

Hello Chalky,

I've had the Thelma 114 & 115 since they were issued? all those years back, was it early 1990's. soon after they came out it was said the Emanuel Laskey was infact Billy Kennedy, but to my ears both sides are certainley sang in the Emanuel Laskey style if it is Billy Kennedy he was a great impersinator of Emanuel Laskey.

The two sides credited to Joe Matthews (114) sound to me like Eddie Hill

Kind Regards

Paul

Social source share

Yeah, we're both fine, hope yuo & Tina are as well. Can't post it on here cuz refosoul's down so I've emailed it to you. Nothing scratched out, just 97700 & bell sound.

Cheers

Crumb

Cheers Crumb, Yup! yours sounds identical :shades: Tina's great, sends her love to ya both.

so it seems to me now, there aint a difference :wicked:

steve

Social source share

Hello Chalky,

I've had the Thelma 114 & 115 since they were issued? all those years back, was it early 1990's. soon after they came out it was said the Emanuel Laskey was infact Billy Kennedy, but to my ears both sides are certainley sang in the Emanuel Laskey style if it is Billy Kennedy he was a great impersinator of Emanuel Laskey.

The two sides credited to Joe Matthews (114) sound to me like Eddie Hill

Kind Regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

Interesting, I've just had another listen to both, I've only got mp3's to compare mind but I have to agree with you they are both very similar, especially the way he/they sing "why" and "apart" early on in the track. They do sound subtly different though in places :lol: I'll have to compare with other tracks of theirs. Who first said that it was Billy Kennedy??? Where did the info originally come from???

Interesting again about the Thelma 114, another I'll have top listen to and compare.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert