Just Aquired This

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just aquired this from the bay for about a fiver. OK, a bit ropey I know, but a demo and a top tune for a fiver ain't too shabby in my books. Also got a nice copy of 'Ike and Tina Turner - Dust my Broom' for £8, is this the original import label?, it looks old enough.

All comments welcome, well as long as they're nice ones :D

judy.jpg

ike.jpg

You're showing your age with those two mate! That Judy Clay's lovely - almost a forgotten sound these days.......

Ian D :lol:

Social source share

You're showing your age with those two mate! That Judy Clay's lovely - almost a forgotten sound these days.......

Ian D :lol:

I know Ian and I'm proud of my age, you know what comes with age mate? experience, and you can't substitute experience.

The Judy Clay I heard on a CD the other day and it jogged my memory as to how good it was, so began the search to part with more of my hard earned :D , I think i got missen a bargain.

Respect mate and all the best.

Social source share

Just aquired this from the bay for about a fiver. OK, a bit ropey I know, but a demo and a top tune for a fiver ain't too shabby in my books. Also got a nice copy of 'Ike and Tina Turner - Dust my Broom' for £8, is this the original import label?, it looks old enough.

All comments welcome, well as long as they're nice ones :D

judy.jpg

ike.jpg

Nice purchases Mr L ........

The JC is a bargain at £5 : I sold an issue last year for £25 . I particularly like the t'other side of " YBMM " - the title of which ecapes me as I type - now that is the result of age - you and Young Foggy are mere bairns :lol: ........

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Nice purchases Mr L ........

The JC is a bargain at £5 : I sold an issue last year for £25 . I particularly like the t'other side of " YBMM " - the title of which ecapes me as I type - now that is the result of age - you and Young Foggy are mere bairns :D ........

Malc Burton

====

2 great uptempo oldies there steve

dust my broom although so overplayed just cant help get you going!!!

Social source share

I know Ian and I'm proud of my age, you know what comes with age mate? experience, and you can't substitute experience.

The Judy Clay I heard on a CD the other day and it jogged my memory as to how good it was, so began the search to part with more of my hard earned :thumbsup: , I think i got missen a bargain.

Respect mate and all the best.

think theres 2 different titkes on different issue, 'Your Kind Of Lovin' is one and is better than 'YBMM' IMO.

Social source share

think theres 2 different titkes on different issue, 'Your Kind Of Lovin' is one and is better than 'YBMM' IMO.

Yes, there were two releases of "You busted my mind" - both on the same release number of 12157.

One has the above mentioned "Your kind of lovin' " and the other "He's the kind of guy"

I can't remember which one I have off hand though! :thumbsup:

Maybe the record company decided they didn't like one of them and released it again?

Or could it just have been a regional thing?

Social source share

All comments welcome, well as long as they're nice ones :thumbsup:

judy.jpg

ike.jpg

Two of my all time top favourite oldies -will never get tired of them-I have demos of both.

The you Busted My Mind has He's The Kind Of Guy on the B side.

Social source share

I'd say it's original...and the first press too! so much nicer those tangerine tangerines imo smile.gif

steve

Thanks for that Steve, it's good to know that there are still bargains to be had out there, I'm well chuffed with my purchase. Oh and BTW, the 'B' side of the Judy Clay that I got is 'He's the kind of guy'.

Steve

Edited by steveluigi
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

All comments welcome, well as long as they're nice ones rolleyes.gif

ike.jpg

I hope it plays OK, it's a great choon, always fills that maple sprung thingy.................. :rolleyes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert