Car Licence Plates

Denbo

I've seen some nice ones in my time and the reason I thought of this topic is because I saw another one today here in St.Helens on Merseyside, that made me think about making this post.

It MAY even belong to somebody on here and it was N1 NITER = NITER. Nice one!!!

What are YOUR observations / contributions?

Social source share

• Replies 70
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I've seen some nice ones in my time and the reason I thought of this topic is because I saw another one today here in St.Helens on Merseyside, that made me think about making this post.

My motor as a St Helens number plate :unsure:

Social source share

There was a whole topic about this a while ago, half the people thought personalised numbers were great and the other half thought that the people who thought that personal numberplates were great were sad tw*ts.

Social source share

Ken, what do you mean? Or, are you trying to understand what I mean? I'm confused but that's not difficult for me. :unsure::lol::D

The jam jar i have was registered in St Helens,and me number plate as a St Helens number plate......says underneath me number,comprendo !!

Me new baby !!

post-1986-1222109608_thumb.jpg

Social source share

There was a whole topic about this a while ago, half the people thought personalised numbers were great and the other half thought that the people who thought that personal numberplates were great were sad tw*ts.

Oh dear!!! But who gives a flying fcuk what other people think eh Pete?

Besides, I'm not looking for a poll but (genuine) observations made on interesting Soul related number plates.

I thought the N1 TER plate was quite an eye catcher but it also expresses at a glance perhaps what that person is into, which is not sad but expressive, that's all.

So, who does it belong to and what other observations have been made?

Edited by denbo
Social source share

Oh dear!!! But who gives a fcuk what other people think eh Pete?

Besides, I'm not looking for a poll but (genuine) observations made on interesting Soul related number plates.

I thought the N1 TER plate was quite an eye catcher but it also expresses at a glance perhaps what that person is into, which is not sad but expressive, that's all.

So, who does it belong to and what other observations have been made?

Me car is more soulfull than a poxy number plate,some folks aint getting fined enough they wanna give the DVLA there wonga',sad !! and not clever.

Social source share

Well im a double sad tawt.......I have S1 5OUL and the wifes is T1 OKEH

Had them both for about 7 yrs.........I also bought another -- OKEH plate for a good friend a while back.

I saw one last week that was on an Audi, not owned by a soulie MR55OUL nice one but they are oblivious to it.

:thumbup:

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Hmm? Not sad but whatever, you're entitled to your opinion.

Not clever? How so?

Givin' the DVLA money for someones number plate.and it is my opinion that its sad.... :thumbup: but there are worser things i s'pose.

Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

Stewart down in Adelaide has OKEH45.........Donna here in Qld has 5OULI....there are a few others, Western Australia has the best plates as there's no real limit to the amount of digits.

KTF

Baz

Social source share

One of the best I've seen is MU51CAL (musical) but I can't aford it at £25000 :D

When I opened my first record shop in Leeds called 'The Listening booth' I was on the phone at 9am on the fist of August (that's how it used to be), for a plate that read L15 TEN (LISTEN), I got straight through at 9am sharp only to be told it had already gone, when asked "how, it's only 9am" I recieved no reasonable explaination. The truth is that any new plate that spells anything decent is kept by the DVLA to go into their auction. Not fair at all, why should they make loads of money out of plates that spell names etc. when they tell us that we can't have them? surely they are condoning the fact that private plates look good "and we're gonna charge you £thousands to have one"

To be fair, the DVLA should make ALL new plates available to the general public, not just the rich bar stewards that can aford thousands to buy one. I mean, where does the money go that they get from the sale of the plates? I'm sure we don't see any of it.

One law for them and one for us eh?

Edited by steveluigi
Social source share

John Manship has the only one worth having....SOUL.....

Yeah its a good one but not the only one worth having, a mate of mine has "60s soul" on his......

Chris

Chris,

If that's our mutual record dealing friend you're on about, thought it was

6T 5OUL ?

I could be wrong of course :thumbsup: ?

Social source share

Haven't I seen N.5OUL on someones motor?

Was it Arthur's?

:shades:

Social source share

Mine is GIG 3984 has no meaning at all apart from the fact that I paid alot for my car and had no money left for a private plate,my last one was J999CFM which were the initials of CFM the compaNy i used to own.I sold this plate to the chief constable of a well known constabulary because his intials mirrowed the CFM and of course the 999 went down well,lol,the profit of this one bought me a mint white demo of willie kendricks whats that on your finger!!!

Private plates fascinate me cos I am a Sad Twat who takes notice of these things!!! I flirted with one of the make your own with dvla was gonna try and knock up a STAX one but could not get the prefix right and it came out a bit strange lol.

BAZ A :thumbsup:

Social source share

half the people thought personalised numbers were great and the other half thought that the people who thought that personal number plates were great were sad tw*ts.

I'm in the latter stable...just dont see what the attraction is :thumbsup::thumbup:

Social source share

Well you don't need one, if you're in a stable, Beeks!

They work best on a motor!

:thumbup:

I know...tried selling my rare issue personalised Horseshoes on here with no luck :thumbsup:

Social source share

:lol:Peter99 has one on his car :D

PR1 - CK :rolleyes:

When me was a yoot, my old gaffer had a Porche and went to London to some auction house selling number plate's

He told me that MOGG1E went for £10k to some Morris Minor fanatic :no: and this was over 20 years ago as well

remember seeing TUR80 for £80k in the days of the Yuppies

The Asian community are big on the private reg plates.

Social source share

I've noticed that you lot are using this thread as an excuse to boast about your fancy cars :rolleyes:cool.gif

Just don't spoil the image too much though with a Keep the Faith sticker on the back window :lol::no:

Even worse - I have a Huddersfield Town sticker on my back window :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert