Top Dj Or Flop Dj ?

Big Mick

I think its downstairs at Slice Bar innit Beeks?

No idea Reg...will be the first time i've played there...i'm not usually up that side of town...in fact DJing wise I rarely stray out of the Northern Quarter laugh.gif

Social source share

Ah the Printworks!

I know the place now :lol: I may bob down as I work evenings in Didsbury - you up for it Jayne?

Oooooh can I be a "Beekette" too? :lol: (bit far for me or I might have put in an appearance)

Social source share

Oooooh can I be a "Beekette" too? :lol: (bit far for me or I might have put in an appearance)

LOL...'Beekette' indeed!... :lol: As if any Dj on here needs an ego boost!.

Jayne.x

(Sorry Rachel - I know this is OT!)

Social source share

COME ON IAN!! :lol:

Give the guy a break! Why do these threads always descend into being about me?!

Contrary to popular belief my ego doesn't demand that I end up being the subject of every topic :lol:

Anyone wants to hear my set can either come down to the Tiger Lounge on Thursday or can book me...either way you won't be disappointed...now you can all leave me be and go pick on Levine or something :lol:

LOL, no probs, all sorted for the Tiger Lounge on Thursday mate!

There will be a large contingent of SS Soul Police with notebooks at the ready scanning your every record tomorrow night and a contingent from DJ History assessing you as a DJ. :lol:

Will probably not be the time to play Murial Day or f%$k up on cueing if ya see what I mean.......

I still think you've shitted out but you can print your playlist from Thursday cantcha....?

Ian D :lol:

Social source share

I still think you've shitted out but you can print your playlist from Thursday cantcha....?

I might allow you that little luxury...after i've decided on it :lol:

And don't worry about me Ian...Soul Police can be there in force...its OVO and records to get you dancing...i'll have them eating out of my hands in no time at all :lol::lol:

Social source share

I might allow you that little luxury...after i've decided on it :lol:

And don't worry about me Ian...Soul Police can be there in force...its OVO and records to get you dancing...i'll have them eating out of my hands in no time at all :lol::lol:

Love that Isaac Hayes quote at the bottom of your page! Hope you're gonna play an OV copy of this on yer travels......

https://www.zshare.net/audio/183698315b8bc59d/

Social source share

What is it Ian?

Can't listen to tunes in work :lol:

"Cafe Regio's - Gary The Master Blaster on Soul Intention Records Beeks - an updated almost Northern danceable version of the Isaac Hayes tune ('b' side of "Shaft" in fact) with an early 70's original radio DJ over the top. It's rockin'.......

I think it could suit a younger crowd hopefully. You know the youngsters dontcha? Is this the kind of thing that would work with the students?

Social source share

"Cafe Regio's - Gary The Master Blaster on Soul Intention Records Beeks - an updated almost Northern danceable version of the Isaac Hayes tune ('b' side of "Shaft" in fact) with an early 70's original radio DJ over the top. It's rockin'.......

I think it could suit a younger crowd hopefully. You know the youngsters dontcha? Is this the kind of thing that would work with the students?

I'll check it...sounds like something the kids would go for...and you're right...here in Manc I usually play to the younger market...far easier to please for a start :lol:

Suppose I better do some work

Enjoy your day

Beeks

Social source share

Sean Livesey springs to mind. :lol: .......Although he's been buying his own OVO since he was about 14. He didn't actually take his dad's records out as his own, He knew what he was buying as his dad was a collector / DJ (and he learned an awful lot from Neil Jones, Kev Murphy etc).

Jayne.

Yes you're right Jane ,Sean is one of the younger guys who will keep the flame burning for the future of the scene , and he's had some great influences in Neil and Kev , Best wishes ,Eddie

Social source share

Beeks,

The only reason i asked for a playlist as i am genuinely interested in what people play not to poach tunes if i am ever in manchester on my travels and your night is on i will come.

This is a forum that has helped me find buy and discover new tunes you should use it as such.

I dont believe their is a single person on this this thread that would have castigated you for your choice as its all a matter of personal taste.

Regards

Roddy

Social source share

Beeks,

The only reason i asked for a playlist as i am genuinely interested in what people play not to poach tunes if i am ever in manchester on my travels and your night is on i will come.

This is a forum that has helped me find buy and discover new tunes you should use it as such.

I dont believe their is a single person on this this thread that would have castigated you for your choice as its all a matter of personal taste.

Regards

Roddy

Cheers Rod...appreciate the sentiment as well as the post...I think you are wrong about being castigated though...there is an ableit small minority on here who love to see me get shot down...so i'd rather not give them the ammunition...i'll post up my playlist for tomorrow after the event but to be honest it will be oldies as thats what the night warrants...great oldies I might add...but thanks anyway...I was not having a pop at you personally :lol:

Social source share

I'll check it...sounds like something the kids would go for...and you're right...here in Manc I usually play to the younger market...far easier to please for a start :lol:

Suppose I better do some work

Enjoy your day

Beeks

Good for you Beeks. This is an 'open mind' record so I'll blast you one over if you think you can use it..............plus I also wanna see it played to different audiences and gauge reaction.............

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!