Insulting Lyrics

Ok so we have had your best, favourite,most memorable and 'which tunes got you into northern' threads, now how about a Most Insulting Lyrics Thread. My first pick would be Marvin Gaye Sweet Thing, The subject of the song is not good looking, doesn't do what he asks etc, real gender attack, mind you she's still a sweet thing.

Edited by bridget
Social source share

• Replies 29
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Ok so we have had your best, favourite,most memorable and 'which tunes got you into northern' threads, now how about a Most Insulting Lyrics Thread. My first pick would be Marvin Gaye Sweet Thing, The subject of the song is not good looking, doesn't do what he asks etc, real gender attack, mind you she's still a sweet thing.

Contours - First I look at the purse.

Listened to this for first time in a very long while - sounded great (apart from lyrics of course) :huh:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

(am gonna take you to the woodshed, an drop a couple of planks on you) wots that all about?

Yeah Big Daddy Rogers, i was thinking about that. Doesn't he also say, 'i'm gonna hurt you' at one point? unsure.gif A bit dodgy when he starts going on about his 'she loves my jelly roll' as well. huh.gif

Social source share

Grab your clothes and get on out ...Minnie Epperson

The Four Tops "Ain't No Woman ( Like The One I Got ) "

" I would kiss the ground she walks on , 'cause it's my word , my word she'll obey, now . "

Marv Johnson " You Got What It Takes "

You don't live in a beautiful place , You don't dress with the best of taste , and nature didn't give you such a beautiful face ,

but baby , you got what it takes "

Human Beinz " Nobody But Me "

" Nobody can do the shing - a - ling like I do , nobody can do the skate like I do , nobody can do boogaloo like I do ,

nobody can do Philly like I do , nobody but me "

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Yeah Big Daddy Rogers, i was thinking about that. Doesn't he also say, 'i'm gonna hurt you' at one point? :thumbsup: A bit dodgy when he starts going on about his 'she loves my jelly roll' as well. :rolleyes:

It's all about sex.

Jelly Roll is Black American slang for his Penis... apparently Jelly Roll Morton was blessed, hence his name.

Dropping a couple of planks on her, means he's going to give a fair old seeing to.

Social source share

Guest gfarrington

It's all about sex.

Jelly Roll is Black American slang for his Penis... apparently Jelly Roll Morton was blessed, hence his name.

Dropping a couple of planks on her, means he's going to give a fair old seeing to.

great post lol ,,,,,,,,,another record ,jimmy jules on carnival 'let yourself go' sings,' never tell a woman how much you earn , tell her none of her business'

Edited by gfarrington
Social source share

I think the ultimate insult lyrics are the censored version of Think Twice by Jackie Wilson and Lavern Baker

Suz :D

x

good call!.. Andre Minta played me that a few years ago. I'd forgotten all about it.

Jayne.x

Social source share

Guest Carrie Mehome

It's what we used to sing to kool and the gang get down on it at skool - naughty! :lol:

What song is this or is it a random element throne in your naughty girl you. :D

I don't care how old you are from 1 or up to 92 Bobby & Betty

Social source share

It's all about sex.

Sounds like she (or he) is gonna 'squeal like a pig'

What a romantic song to hear if you just broke down outside his woodshed. Yow.

Ed

Social source share

It's all about sex.

Thats what he must mean when he sings

I'v gotta lotta meat and im hard to beat coz i'm a big man "

Social source share

Thats what he must mean when he sings

I'v gotta lotta meat and im hard to beat coz i'm a big man "

The king of insulting lyrics must surely be Clarence Reid , in his alter - ego of Blow Fly ........

reid made a multitude of albums under this guise , all of which contained sexually explicit material ........

CR , following the release of his 1977 album " Blow Fly Disco " , got an almighty bollocking for his parody / reworking of

" What A Difference a Day Makes " on the album , for revising the title to " What A Difference A Lay Makes " and altering the song's lyrics to fit in sexual references ........

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert