Serious Discussion About Ebay Prices

Baz Atkinson

Right a worn out topic but again whAt is going on am I the only one shopping at the mommenT???

Just got

FABULOUS APOLLOS WHATS SO GOOD AND SOME GOOD IN EVERYTHING BAD APROX £20 EACH

FAB DIMENSIONS -I CANT TAKE IT £23-SAPHIRE

FAB PUZZLES -COME BACK WHITE DEMO £16 NEW MOON

BEVERLY AND DUAN -YOU BELONG TO ME-BROWN BOMBER £25

MOST ARE VG+ 2 MINT!!!

I DONT BELIEVE IN CHANCE HAVE COLLECTORS GIVEN UP THE GHOST ,ARE FEES KILLING THE BAY?

ANYONE ELSE JUST GOT ANY BARGAINS HOW WOULD THESE PRICES OF SAT SAY 2 YEARS AGO??

BAZ A

Edited by baz atkinson
Social source share

• Replies 49
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Right a worn out topic but again whAt is going on am I the only one shopping at the mommenT???

Just got

MOST ARE VG+ 2 MINT!!!

I DONT BELIEVE IN CHANCE HAVE COLLECTORS GIVEN UP THE GHOST ,ARE FEES KILLING THE BAY?

ANYONE ELSE JUST GOT ANY BARGAINS HOW WOULD THESE PRICES OF SAT SAY 2 YEARS AGO??

BAZ A

Not had too much lately but got black and white demo of rita da cost last month for £60.00 to be honest i usually do well on ebay as i dont go for the usual stuff but just had a punt on it suprised me. on the other side there was a test pressing of Friday Saturday Sunday on dig which is not a dear record and i put a large bid on it and that went for $243.00.

mark

Social source share

Just got

MOST ARE VG+ 2 MINT!!!

BAZ A

Agree with you Baz...the bargains are there.

Picked up recently ; Lee Rogers...Love and War...Wheelsville £12

Magictones...How can I forget you..Wheelsville...£56

Credit crunch for these type of things I think...Bigger items still gettin plenty action.

Social source share

Just got

MOST ARE VG+ 2 MINT!!!

BAZ A

You have just won them or did you just get them through the door.

There are two things for me ok I won it cheap but I ain't won nothing till its in my hands.

I won some big tunes recently and hey presto the have magically disappeared in the post.

Social source share

Just got

MOST ARE VG+ 2 MINT!!!

BAZ A

Definately agree - some bargains to be had - in last 2 months I have had the following off ebay:

Deon Jackson - I can't go on - Calla - £5

Emmanuel laskey - Lucky to be loved by you - Wild Deuce - £10

Bud Harper - Let me love you - Peacock - £4

Ledgends - Fear not - Commonwealth United records - £7

Abraham and his sons - Your mother understood - Revue - £7

+ a few others - all VG+ or better / a couple mint - nothing really rare but all well under book price!! good time for buyers

adam

Social source share

Guest mark shepherd

Just got

MOST ARE VG+ 2 MINT!!!

BAZ A

but baz these are my ebay auctions, and i forgot to mention on the auction that they are all boots

anyway, will take them to the coachman on saturday

be lucky, shep LOL :thumbup:

Social source share

Agree with you Baz...the bargains are there.

Picked up recently ; Lee Rogers...Love and War...Wheelsville £12

Magictones...How can I forget you..Wheelsville...£56

Credit crunch for these type of things I think...Bigger items still gettin plenty action.

2 cracking tunes there again demonstrating the bargains out there imho,well dopne mate.

BAZ A :thumbup:

Social source share

Ive noticed it too Baz...picking up £50 book records for under a tenner recently...and im watching some pretty big records at the moment that are still peanuts with only a few hours to go with no reserve!!!

Social source share

Just got

MOST ARE VG+ 2 MINT!!!

BAZ A

Was the FP one that cracked one on US ebay Baz....

If so how's it play.... thought about it myself but decided to leave alone....

Edited by vaultofsouler
Social source share

but baz these are my ebay auctions, and i forgot to mention on the auction that they are all boots

anyway, will take them to the coachman on saturday

be lucky, shep LOL :thumbup:

====

the fab dimensions is £21 too much - awful tune imo...

had it in box for £2 for ages..think i ended up giving this away about 10 years ago..

seriously - some good buys there baz...

Edited by wiganer1
Social source share

Guest inspirations001

was gonna bid on 3 of your tunes baz but cheap as they were the credit thing is a bit of an issue,the puzzles if same one was cracked so left it alone. got a nice d.d sharp"what kind of lady" for a snip so there are bargains to be had. some cracking things out there so happy hunting!

Social source share

don't know if they are bargains but this is what i have recieved so far this week not counting p&p

Jackie lee- would you believe-mirwood £3

guy darrell- i've been hurt- (uk) cbs (demo) £20

Jackie wilson- sweetest feeling- brunswick (wrong title on "b" side) £4

Mickey moonshine- name it you got it- decca £23

Playthings- stop what your doing- (white) pye £4

but as these are records i wanted the price makes no differance

Social source share

Just got

MOST ARE VG+ 2 MINT!!!

BAZ A

I guess most people who bought stuff from me on ebay got bargains :lol:

Social source share

I think Bobo has brought some of your particular bargains into doubt, Bazz but notwithstanding that there are 45s to be picked up at less than book price. However that may say more about the book than the current demand and value.

ROD

Succint as ever Rod,more than a little truth in what you say

Salmon

Social source share

I think Bobo has brought some of your particular bargains into doubt, Bazz but notwithstanding that there are 45s to be picked up at less than book price. However that may say more about the book than the current demand and value.

ROD

plus there are always true deals that you can get lucky on (e.g. other people don't miss out). I'm just saying I'm not noticing a general trend (other than the book prices being too high in general). I definitely have gotten some deals over the years, usually on mis-listed or undergraded records though.

Social source share

don't know if they are bargains but this is what i have recieved so far this week not counting p&p

Jackie lee- would you believe-mirwood £3

guy darrell- i've been hurt- (uk) cbs (demo) £20

Jackie wilson- sweetest feeling- brunswick (wrong title on "b" side) £4

Mickey moonshine- name it you got it- decca £23

Playthings- stop what your doing- (white) pye £4

but as these are records i wanted the price makes no differance

was the jackie wilson on uk brunswick ive got one that says sweetest feeling both sides but isnt

kev

Social source share

plus there are always true deals that you can get lucky on (e.g. other people don't miss out). I'm just saying I'm not noticing a general trend (other than the book prices being too high in general). I definitely have gotten some deals over the years, usually on mis-listed or undergraded records though.

i've baught a few badly graded 45s in the hope they turn out to be better than described.

its a dangerous game.

don't do it too often.

Social source share

i've baught a few badly graded 45s in the hope they turn out to be better than described.

its a dangerous game.

don't do it too often.

I agree, you gotta know the sellers. For example, if some sellers aren't good graders but I also know that they don't know how to clean records well, I know I can often buy a beat up record and clean it up to make it sound better.

Social source share

was the jackie wilson on uk brunswick ive got one that says sweetest feeling both sides but isnt

kev

no, on us brunswick "b" side reads the alternative title "nothing but heartaches" but plays "nothing but blue skies". Pressed in chicago 1968.

Social source share

Can never predict ebay. Was showing friends my items not won list the other night . . . . . . . dozen beaten by one snipe bid, so there's always one too many on for me.

Have just got a couple of real cheap deals from Barrie Waddington's A45 Heaven list on ebay: Grover Mitchell - Loving You (Decca Demo) plus Luther Ingram - Since You Don't Want Me (Ko Ko Recrods).

I know neither are expensive by any reckoning but got them both, including postage for under £10! Mussant gramble eh. You can still pick up cheap sounds that are imo very good.

Thanks Barrie biggrin.gif

Social source share

ROD

Yep could be argued that way and ofcourse buying less than mint will raise questions,wanted to highlight the fact that most stuff say under £200 in the book is up for crabs at reasonable cost these days as opposed to say 2-3 years ago when you could not get near alot of the stuff !As for my bargains in doubt no I am happy and that is the most important criteria in my house !!!

BAZ A

Social source share

Just got

MOST ARE VG+ 2 MINT!!!

BAZ A

Just got Peaches & Herb - I'm Counting On You (demo) 11$ including postage bargain

Daryl

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Baz i can only come to the same opinion, of ebay in the last month or so

Commands "no time for you" Back Beat £31.06 with post in VG++

Harry Deal "i still love you" Eclipse Demo £75.45 with post unplayed

Debbie Dovale "hey lover" Roulette demo £13.75 with post unplayed

The Pepsi-Tones "Keep on Walkin" w/p Sleeve £19.05 with post mint-

Roni Hill "i wouldn't give you up" Roulette demo £13.65 with post unplayed

And long may it continue :thumbsup:

Social source share

Baz i can only come to the same opinion, of ebay in the last month or so

Commands "no time for you" Back Beat £31.06 with post in VG++

Harry Deal "i still love you" Eclipse Demo £75.45 with post unplayed

Debbie Dovale "hey lover" Roulette demo £13.75 with post unplayed

The Pepsi-Tones "Keep on Walkin" w/p Sleeve £19.05 with post mint-

Roni Hill "i wouldn't give you up" Roulette demo £13.65 with post unplayed

And long may it continue :thumbsup:

WOW YOU DONE WELL MATE,RONNI HILL IS A TOP TUNE IMHO.

BAZ A :thumbup:

Social source share

HERS A COUPLE O' EBAY BARGAINS FROM US PINCHES TRIPLETS (WELL I THINK THE BARGAINS OTHERS MIGHT THINK DIFFERENT)

CHANTS - CANDY / SWEETEST FEELING - UK RCA VICTOR DEMO £5.

FOUR TEMPOS - THIS IS THE WAY I FEEL - RAMPART £3.

RICHIE BARRETT - I WILL LOVE YOU - SWAN £7.

ESQUIRES - HOW COULD IT BE - BUNKY WHITE DEMO £3.

ESQUIRES - DANCIN' A HOLE IN THE WORLD - ROCKY RIDGE WHITE DEMO £11.

AMBITION - I'M GONNA GIVE MY LOVE - MERCURY DEMO £18.

BRIEF ENCOUNTER - GET A GOOD FEELING - CAPITOL DEMO £15.

ASTORS - IN THE TWILIGHT ZONE - STAX WHITE DEMO £40. (PRESTINE, BARGAIN????????).....ALL ARE EX+ TO MINT.

WOT YA THINK

BRI PINCH.

Social source share

Forget 'book' price - It doesn't exist. If I put records up for sale at 'book' price I'd probably never sell a stick - Yet pride myself on having a collection 'worth' thousands... Whose 'book' ?? John Manships? Tim's? You get people on here all the time quoting book price (and I have done this myself in the fact of pointing out main dealer prices) yet never sell it or them. Surely book price is wrong??

There are bargains to be had everywhere - Just look at some of the stuff being sold on here. Ebay? Yes you take your chances sometimes with some sellers but in my careful experience you can get some bloody great records out there for peanuts. Just picked up a Jimmy Braswell on Jar-Val for £20. . . . Knockout record (both sides) and for me knocks ten tons of s*** out of a lot of 'big' records. But thats my take on the type of records I buy and I probably don't buy in-vouge genres or 45s but I get what I like at great prices. As Baz 'whooped & hollered' - he got some great records cheap! Thats the point IMHO - great records at great prices whatever the record and whatever the price! Buy at what you think is a great price for a 45 which you will love and cherish and gaze longily at for many years to come.

Rich

Social source share

Forget 'book' price - It doesn't exist. If I put records up for sale at 'book' price I'd probably never sell a stick - Yet pride myself on having a collection 'worth' thousands... Whose 'book' ?? John Manships? Tim's? You get people on here all the time quoting book price (and I have done this myself in the fact of pointing out main dealer prices) yet never sell it or them. Surely book price is wrong??

There are bargains to be had everywhere - Just look at some of the stuff being sold on here. Ebay? Yes you take your chances sometimes with some sellers but in my careful experience you can get some bloody great records out there for peanuts. Just picked up a Jimmy Braswell on Jar-Val for £20. . . . Knockout record (both sides) and for me knocks ten tons of s*** out of a lot of 'big' records. But thats my take on the type of records I buy and I probably don't buy in-vouge genres or 45s but I get what I like at great prices. As Baz 'whooped & hollered' - he got some great records cheap! Thats the point IMHO - great records at great prices whatever the record and whatever the price! Buy at what you think is a great price for a 45 which you will love and cherish and gaze longily at for many years to come.

Rich

hi rich was that "this time its got to be for real" awesome record definately more than a20 quidder.

mark

Social source share

Rich

I agree with these comments Rich definetly bargains everywhere and I am happy to share what I get been a collector as opposed to a dj who never advertises etc playlists,got some great stuff of soul source also,big bargains, is it only the mint in vogue tunes with any relevance to the book? The bigger highly collectable items also? I also think the bay gets a good hammering everytime a conversation comes up but most of us use it and definetly get bargains ! Jimmy Braswell bloody top tune.

BAZ A :thumbsup:

Social source share

Yes Mark that was the one - 2 bids and to be honest I thought it would have gone for more. Mint too.

Agree with Baz - Minters / In-demanders do seem to fetch the book money even on ebay at times. Think its difficult to put a value on a sub £50 record thats not very well known or in vogue (say some group / sweet / deep stuff -which to be honest is where the bargains lay for me) There's so much difference on price as to who/where. Take the Eddie & Ernie on Jayboy. £300+ on JM auction - One on here a week later for £125. . . . Crazy world!

Totally agree with the ebay hammering on here - You do take a chance at times but the plus' far outweigh the negatives in my experience (touch wood)

Rich

Social source share

Yes Mark that was the one - 2 bids and to be honest I thought it would have gone for more. Mint too.

Agree with Baz - Minters / In-demanders do seem to fetch the book money even on ebay at times. Think its difficult to put a value on a sub £50 record thats not very well known or in vogue (say some group / sweet / deep stuff -which to be honest is where the bargains lay for me) There's so much difference on price as to who/where. Take the Eddie & Ernie on Jayboy. £300+ on JM auction - One on here a week later for £125. . . . Crazy world!

Totally agree with the ebay hammering on here - You do take a chance at times but the plus' far outweigh the negatives in my experience (touch wood)

Rich

i only normally bother with stuff i do not know or know it form cd's or from people i know play lists that way i get some good bargains, leave the the big money stuff to people with fuller wallets than me. i do have the occasional punt but 99% of the time get beat to them. have won some great stuff because they are ignored the the big tune hunters. thats the way i like it.

mark

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert