The Js

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

the 7 is quite hard the 12 is easier to find and a bit cheaper, but think they may be the same length timewise anyway. but not sure of price. you buying or selling i have the 12" that i may let go .

mark

Brill record love it. Yep the 12 has the 45 mix on it one side and an 6min+ on the other. Discoly exteneded basically

Social source share

WAS A COPY ON THE BAY THAT WENT FOR 500 DOLLARS OR SO, FOLLOWED IN QUICK SUCCESSION BY ABOUT FIVE MORE COPIES FROM DIFFERENT SELLERS BUT ALL REACHING A LOWER PRICE THAN THE ONE BEFORE. THE LAST ONE DIDNT MAKE 50 QUID. ALL SEVENS OF COURSE, WAS A 12" ON LAST WEEK THAT SAILED THRU' AT 19.99 USD :thumbsup: .

BRI PINCH.

Social source share

This record, I first remember hearing Poke playing around the time of Snaith, which would have been 1979 / 1980 or thereabouts.

I couldn't make my mind up if I liked it or not then, and even now I'm not so sure about it unsure.gif

Don't know what it is about it though.... but there's just something about it :lol:

It's a good job we don't all like the things though isn't it! :lol:

Social source share

It's a fantastic record, superb uptempo Philly soul , dating I'd say from around 1975, on the Dante label.

They were obviously aiming for a Harold Melvin and the Bluenotes type of sound in the vein of "The Love I lost", "Bad Luck" etc.

What I would like to see is a photo of the group because they are definitely a white group, or at least the lead vocalist certainly is, but it's a genuine piece of blue eyed soul ; he does a great job with the vocals.

So, does anyone have a photo of the group ?

Anyone know anything about the Dante label ?

I'm making an educated guess here but I suspect that the man behind the label was Ron Dante , well known white Philadelphia pop producer and composer in the 60s and the 70s and the voice of the Archies' "Sugar Sugar" !!!

Social source share

It's a fantastic record, superb uptempo Philly soul , dating I'd say from around 1975, on the Dante label.

They were obviously aiming for a Harold Melvin and the Bluenotes type of sound in the vein of "The Love I lost", "Bad Luck" etc.

What I would like to see is a photo of the group because they are definitely a white group, or at least the lead vocalist certainly is, but it's a genuine piece of blue eyed soul ; he does a great job with the vocals.

So, does anyone have a photo of the group ?

Anyone know anything about the Dante label ?

I'm making an educated guess here but I suspect that the man behind the label was Ron Dante , well known white Philadelphia pop producer and composer in the 60s and the 70s and the voice of the Archies' "Sugar Sugar" !!!

I'm pretty sure they're all white based on the harmony on their other two singles on the giant step label. Cold hard world is a pretty nice sweet soul title but it sort of gets ruined by turning into a prog jam

Social source share

I saw a copy of this 45 go for over $500 on ebay. :lol: May be I should stick mine up on ebay, unless anyone here wants to buy it (for a lot less).

Jordi

That's what I mean...a brief hike then they started to appear so it dropped back to about £80...in some cases as has been noted, it limped home at £50.

Think apparent 'rarity' made it sound better than it is :D

Social source share

Guest inspirations001

i spoke to someone involved in the record not so long back,he was amazed anyone in the uk knew about it after all these years. the group was white and afro americans but he can't remember who sang lead vocal. they did a few tracks that never saw release as they were gonna do an lp,but as the single bombed they didn't go thru with it.i think arthur fenn was the one who broke it,along with image on verdy and gifted 4 on hrs,george fry all from the same era. fantastic 70's soul music

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert