Deejaying With Vinyl ( Best Practises )

Simon M

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

these were the only manufacturer that replied to phil kowalski (quinvy) when he enquired about the right cartridge to to use for normal DJ'ing and they recomended this particular one. so now phil uses them at burnley. there was a thread on here somewhere about cartridges/stylus how often should you change them.

mark

Social source share

these were the only manufacturer that replied to phil kowalski (quinvy) when he enquired about the right cartridge to to use for normal DJ'ing and they recomended this particular one. so now phil uses them at burnley. there was a thread on here somewhere about cartridges/stylus how often should you change them.

mark

I DJ'D at Burnley last month using these and they are the dogs bollocks yes.gif the tip of the stylus is illuminated for perfect cueing in low light and they are very robust looking.At home i use ortophon concorde djs,but am looking to change to these

Salmon

Edited by soulsalmon
Social source share

I DJ'D at Burnley last month using these and they are the dogs bollocks :lol: the tip of the stylus is illuminated for perfect cueing in low light and they are very robust looking.At home i use ortophon concorde djs,but am looking to change to these

Salmon

I still think that the most reliable and robust cartridges and styli are Stanton 500AL. They can really take the knocks and they have a proven track record too. As for the decks, there is only 1, Technics 1200s (silver) or 1210s (black). many have tried but never beaten.

Edited by steveluigi
Social source share

At home i use ortophon concorde djs,but am looking to change to these

Salmon

Why? I love these...would never think of changing them...stick to the record like glue :lol:

Social source share

I use these. They track extremely well at light tone arm weight, have a fine balance of highs to lows and I think they're ideal for anyone who isn't a hip hop styled DJ. I've been using them for around three years and haven't ever second guessed them. I change out the needles on them about every 6 months.

Social source share

maybe worth mentioning that most of these DJ cartridges have needles that are not really "gentle" to the vinyl. I've been using Ortophon cartridges for more years than I remember and never had any problems with them.

If there was a problem it was the needle which I used to replace every few months when I was dj-ing regularly.

Get the "DJ"-needle for club work and the other one (forgot its name) for use at home.

Social source share

maybe worth mentioning that most of these DJ cartridges have needles that are not really "gentle" to the vinyl. I've been using Ortophon cartridges for more years than I remember and never had any problems with them.

If there was a problem it was the needle which I used to replace every few months when I was dj-ing regularly.

Get the "DJ"-needle for club work and the other one (forgot its name) for use at home.

the one advertised in the thread specifically says "low vinyl wear"

Social source share

I guess we might see more of these at rare soul events :huh: for Shure

I was actually shocked at the other thread some time back where people were complaining about having worn needles on the turntables at soul nights. I have never heard of DJs dropping $$$$ or more on records and then not bringing their own cartridges. In any other DJing genre of music there probably wouldn't be any cartridges supplied for you at all on the turntables because it would be assumed you brought your own cartridges (if not your own turntables entirely).

Social source share

I was actually shocked at the other thread some time back where people were complaining about having worn needles on the turntables at soul nights. I have never heard of DJs dropping $$$$ or more on records and then not bringing their own cartridges. In any other DJing genre of music there probably wouldn't be any cartridges supplied for you at all on the turntables because it would be assumed you brought your own cartridges (if not your own turntables entirely).

Thats right Boba . I also remeber DJ Cheese putting his cartridges on at a gig ,along with tape for the pile of coins he had on top of em. I think he left his 12's in the bin afterwards . :huh::thumbup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert