Soul Dancing

im a master at not spilling beer would never cach me doing a 'back drop'  :shades:

link

Now im no John Travolta, but i've never been scared to dance. But when i think back to my first few all niters it makes me cringe. I thought i was the dogs b******s on the dance floor. Arms were going everywhere and didn't have a clue what to do with my feet but i thought i would easily pass as a northern dancer. :lol:

Reg will prob back me up on this one! I was terrible!

But nobody ever mentioned it, or laughed or gave me a "who's that bloody nutter" look. And thats the good thing about the soul scene. Everyone dances their own way and as long as you're having fun, who cares!

Social source share

• Replies 66
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest ShaneH

Now im no John Travolta, but i've never been scared to dance. But when i think back to my first few all niters it makes me cringe. I thought i was the dogs b******s on the dance floor. Arms were going everywhere and didn't have a clue what to do with my feet but i thought i would easily pass as a northern dancer.  :lol:

Reg will prob back me up on this one! I was terrible!

But nobody ever mentioned it, or laughed or gave me a "who's that bloody nutter" look. And thats the good thing about the soul scene. Everyone dances their own way and as long as you're having fun, who cares!

link

have you and big colin been practising whilst cleaning the house. I bet it was like that queen video with you dancing with the hoover whilst Big Colin dusted the coffee table. :shades:

Shane

Social source share

have you and big colin been practising whilst cleaning the house. I bet it was like that queen video with you dancing with the hoover whilst Big Colin dusted the coffee table.  :shades:

Shane

link

:lol::P:lol:

With the sound of banjos in the background :P

Social source share

have you and big colin been practising whilst cleaning the house. I bet it was like that queen video with you dancing with the hoover whilst Big Colin dusted the coffee table.  :shades:

Shane

link

Big Colin was never any good at cleaning. Always brushing things under the sofa. Half a job Bob i used to call him. Good bloody riddance i say. :angry:

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

Big Colin was never any good at cleaning. Always brushing things under the sofa. Half a job Bob i used to call him. Good bloody riddance i say.  :angry:

link

best to get rid Paul. When you come out with us again at Christmas we will get you a new one. :shades:

Shane

Social source share

best to get rid Paul. When you come out with us again at Christmas we will get you a new one.  :shades:

Shane

link

Ah thanks Shane. By the way, you seem to be quite interested in Big Colin. If you want ill PM you his number.

Remember, just because you like a kiss and a cuddle with a man, it doesn't mean you're gay! :lol:

P.S, im hoping to be out a bit before christmas. Should be at the Derby all dayer celebrating the end of university life, so you can buy me a pint!

Social source share

Seen as we are talking about dancing and accidents, one Sunday at the Ritz alldayer sometime aroung 78, 79 (the dance floor used to be raised about 4 foot with wrought iron railings around it and steps to walk up, the dj box was on the left hand side of the stage near the balcony).

A few of us were dancing near the steps on the left side of the stage, I proceeded to do a high jump and hit my head the corner of a metal exit sign and went down like a ton of bricks, blood everywhere, I went down to the toilets to look a the damage, and ended going to Salford Royal Hospital (as it was then) for stitches then back to the alldayer :shades:

Peter

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

Ah thanks Shane. By the way, you seem to be quite interested in Big Colin. If you want ill PM you his number.

Remember, just because you like a kiss and a cuddle with a man, it doesn't mean you're gay!  :lol:

P.S, im hoping to be out a bit before christmas. Should be at the Derby all dayer celebrating the end of university life, so you can buy me a pint!

link

be good to see ya paul. good luck with the studies mate. You will be a taxidermist one day for sure as you have worked hard enough for it. :shades:

Shane

Social source share

im a master at not spilling beer would never cach me doing a 'back drop'  :shades:

link

i am getting good at the 'sit in your chair and move your feet like fook dance' it makes you look as if you are goos but no chance of falling or tripping after a mad spin

Social source share

I was always a really crap dancer and to scared to get up and do my stuff, not that it was stuff anyone would watch or enjoy. I was always jealous of my mates from Rhyl who could dance and do drops and spins. i musta sprained my wrist more times than soft mick.

Even now I have a mate howard who is my age (40 +) who can still move and glide like a majestic god( the ....***).

When I am a bit drunk I think I'm great but cringe the next day.

So who's gonna give me lessons ??????????

link

I thought I was doing ok dancing, cos I really enjoy it. [if the music takes me] And then it happened. Someone lent me a dvd of Prestatyn 2004. There I was looking very fat, very old and extreamly silly, dancing away like a man possesed.

I'm still on the anti depressants.

Social source share

Guest catface

I know exactly what you mean as I used to go to allnighters and be too scared to dance in the late '80's and early '90's. I have recently started to get back into all the music after going to see 'Once Upon a Time in Wigan' and this week I went to Soul in the City and made a complete fool of myself on the dancefloor with my friend Clare. The problem is that you always feel people are looking at you even though they are probably not! I did go to some dance lessons that Trickster put on in London and they were good because there were other people in the same boat! I did actually learn a few moves but I am not confident. All those people on here who are saying 'just be yourself' etc are probably really good experienced dancers so it is easy to say! The rest of us stand there watching them. Anyway, keep trying.

Social source share

I was always a really crap dancer and to scared to get up and do my stuff, not that it was stuff anyone would watch or enjoy. I was always jealous of my mates from Rhyl who could dance and do drops and spins. i musta sprained my wrist more times than soft mick.

Even now I have a mate howard who is my age (40 +) who can still move and glide like a majestic god( the ....***).

When I am a bit drunk I think I'm great but cringe the next day.

So who's gonna give me lessons ??????????

link

=============

First and foremost hear the tempo of the record and dance to it. Do it with conviction, and you can't go wrong. Alternatively I can teach you the 'Christ on a cross in a strong wind' dance, perfected by Janine 4/5 years ago :rolleyes:

Social source share

Remember, just because you like a kiss and a cuddle with a man, it doesn't mean you're gay!  :rolleyes:

link

Hoping to be out before xmas :thumbsup::)laugh.gif Are you the only gay man in the soul source village or are there more out there...Just a question,got no problem with gay people at all...

I'm not gay but my boyfreind is :hypo:

Social source share

Guest Leigh J

I know exactly what you mean as I used to go to allnighters and be too scared to dance in the late '80's and early '90's.  I have recently started to get back into all the music after going to see 'Once Upon a Time in Wigan' and this week I went to Soul in the City and made a complete fool of myself on the dancefloor with my friend Clare.  The problem is that you always feel people are looking at you even though they are probably not!  I did go to some dance lessons that Trickster put on in London and they were good because there were other people in the same boat!  I did actually learn a few moves but I am not confident.  All those people on here who are saying 'just be yourself' etc are probably really good experienced dancers so it is easy to say!  The rest of us stand there watching them.  Anyway, keep trying.

link

When You work All Week You Deserve To Enjoy Yourself At The Weekend ,you shouldnt Give A Toss About What People think.

My dancing Is Legendry ,Im Crap,I can dance A Lot Better Than I Do But I Like To Give My Mates A Laugh After All Thats What Its All About.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert