Off The Record: Motown Master Number Listings 1959-89

Ian Dewhirst

"Off The Record" Motown By Master Number 1959-1989 Volume 1: Singles

Stumbled into a few copies of this holy grail of Motown listings in a book warehouse. This is Reginald D. Bartlette's long out-of-print hardback book list of EVERY U.S. and Canadian Motown and related labels masters from 1959-1989 which included Rayber, Motown, Ridge, Mel-O-Dy, Tamla, Miracle, Black Forum, Workshop Jazz, V.I.P., Rare Earth, Thelma, Anna, Rich, Wondirection, Mowest, Gordy, Hitsville, Divinity, Soul, Blaze, Chisa, CTI, Golden World, Ric-Tic, Wingate, Prodigal, Maltese, Ju-Par, Impact, Inferno, Penny etc, etc, etc.

Every serious collector needs to have one these on the shelves! Invaluable information including lots of scans plus every scrap of info you could possibly require on Matrix numbers and number sequences, b sides etc, etc.

If you haven't already got one of these then now really is the time as this is long out-of-print and will be as hard to track down as the records eventually, mark my words. All copies are sealed and brand new.

I've just sold a couple immediately and have about 5 left. £60 each if anyone's interested.

PM me if you want one...

Best,

Ian D :wicked:

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Stumbled into a few copies of this holy grail of Motown listings in a book warehouse. This is Reginald D. Bartlette's long out-of-print hardback book list of EVERY U.S. and Canadian Motown and related labels masters from 1959-1989 which included Rayber, Motown, Ridge, Mel-O-Dy, Tamla, Miracle, Black Forum, Workshop Jazz, V.I.P., Rare Earth, Thelma, Anna, Rich, Wondirection, Mowest, Gordy, Hitsville, Divinity, Soul, Blaze, Chisa, CTI, Golden World, Ric-Tic, Wingate, Prodigal, Maltese, Ju-Par, Impact, Inferno, Penny etc, etc, etc.

Every serious collector needs to have one these on the shelves! Invaluable information including lots of scans plus every scrap of info you could possibly require on Matrix numbers and number sequences, b sides etc, etc.

If you haven't already got one of these then now really is the time as this is long out-of-print and will be as hard to track down as the records eventually, mark my words. All copies are sealed and brand new.

I've just sold a couple immediately and have about 5 left. £60 each if anyone's interested.

PM me if you want one...

Best,

Ian D biggrin.gif

5 sold in the last 24 hours! Only a handful left, so just letting everyone know as I won't have any more of these anytime soon!

Best,

Ian D :lol:

Social source share

YOU REALLY NEED THIS ITS ESSENTIAL

It is isn't it Toad. thumbup.gif

It's expensive but before this came out I had to use the discography in Sharon Davis's Motown Book from the 90's I think and I wore that out at the time, so this one is now a fixture on my shelves and DEAD handy for reference......

Essential for matrix freaks LOL...

Ian D :lol:

Social source share

TELL THEM ABOUT THE LABEL DESIGNS AND ACETATE /MISSSING NUMBERS!!!!!!!!!

PLUS IS HARD BACKED NOT REALLY EXPENSIVE FOR THE SIZE AND INFO CONTAINED IMO

Don't need to mate 'cos you just did LOL! :lol:

What's your commission by the way........? thumbsup.gif

Naturally it's a KILLER book and trainspotter's delight otherwise I wouldn't be flogging the last of a dwindling stock on here!

Whoops, there goes another. Thanks Tony! Only the last 2 or 3 left now and then that's it. Speak or forever lament to heaven........ :lol:

Ian D :g:

Social source share

PM me if you want one...

Best,

Ian D :)

WOULD LIKE ONE OF THESE IF YOU'VE GOT ONE REGARDS JOHN"O"

Social source share

wasn't his reprinted recently? Bee Cool and Mike Ritson or was Mike just selling them? Sure he was selling some sort of label directory, might be totally wrong and thinking of summat else.

Anyway you can also use the superb Don't Forget The Motor City website for all your details and probably more if you didn't manage to acquire one of these from Ian.

Social source share

I have one last mint (but none-sealed copy) of this incredible book left. £60.00 + £10.00 P&P to the first person who replies, then that's it folks.......

So last chance saloon if ya don't already have one......

Best,

Ian D :rolleyes:

I'll have the last one thanks.

Ooops. I've also PM'd you.

Edited by denbo
Social source share

wasn't his reprinted recently? Bee Cool and Mike Ritson or was Mike just selling them? Sure he was selling some sort of label directory, might be totally wrong and thinking of summat else.

Anyway you can also use the superb Don't Forget The Motor City website for all your details and probably more if you didn't manage to acquire one of these from Ian.

No you're right Chalky. These came from Mike's Book warehouse which in turn came from a Chicago book warehouse when Mike was over there a few years back.

These were the last of the copies he found so I took 'em all 'cos I figured there'd be a few people on here who could use 'em. I was right too!

However these were the last of 'em. Just one more unsealed but mint copy left for some lucky person............

I'm putting up a few of the last of the early Manifesto issues he still had knocking around shortly and that will be the last of those too!

Ian D :rolleyes:

Social source share

This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert