Guest in town Mikey

• Replies 84
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Leigh J

Yeah it's on Gogate. Who got Keb's old copy? Someone told me it was a bit trashed? (makes a change for a Keb record! :lol:   :lol: )

Haha, it took Keb ages to remember the Trent Sisters thing a couple of weekends ago at Wrighty's party after he'd drunk a bottle of JD. It was like he was trying to have a dump for about an hour, as he tried to squeeze the knowledge out of head. lol! :wicked:   :shades:

link

I Dont Know He Never Played Either Record For That Long (Also Makes A change)If Anyone discovered Records Of This Quality Now Theyd never drop em.

I had his Trent sisters payed 25-00 In about 86 Cant remember who I Sold It to

Social source share

Guest Leigh J

Matt Parsons        boogaloo investagator

=======================

now your talking stafford here leigh!!

still remember the black/white cover up label!!!

guy spun this at Wigan tiffs one night and it nearly cleared the floor

still my mint UK issue of this corker

have to say guys insts were much better than Kebs!! johnny gibson trio - YUK!!!

link

Hi Mark Was That The Wigan Tiffs I Got My bag Nicked ?On A Sunday Night ,Monday Was A Bank Holiday?

Yes Keb Did Play Some Crap ,Happy Days.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I remember Ion getting 2nd copy of Trent Sisters and selling it to Carl F. (I Think), Keb didn't persevere with it as He didn't need to at the time, his & Guy's turn-over often led to sounds being dropped after 1 or 2 plays.

link

I used to love Keb uncovering tracks

"That was the Pusseycats, which is really the garble garble, ###ing thebv guaranteed."

And then watch as loads of lads would huddle together while one rushed up to find out what it was in English :wicked:

ps I think the one I'm thinking of was the Miller Sisters, - you're love is guaranteed. 100 mile an hour :lol:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

ps I think the one I'm thinking of was the Miller Sisters, - you're love is guaranteed. 100 mile an hour :wicked:

link

Probably, he plays it about 3 records later!

link

Social source share

"That was the Pusseycats, which is really the garble garble, ###ing thebv  guaranteed."

And then watch as loads of lads would huddle together while one rushed up to find out what it was in English  :lol:

ps I think the one I'm thinking of was the Miller Sisters, - you're love is guaranteed. 100 mile an hour  :shades:

link

Mike, is that Pussycats- I want your love that you referred to?

What a record that is :wicked: .....didn't realise it was one that Keb broke!

Going back to the Ree Flores, I reckon it's earlier than it's often given credit for.

Dave

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Plays it later where Hippo?

On my tape from (1985) Stafford tape, where I took the Toni Washington from earlier today

link

've got that on CD haven;'t I? Is that the one with the ruff sound quility and kebbie mumbling away in a foreign language.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Mike, is that Pussycats- I want your love that you referred to?

What a record that is :wicked: .....didn't realise it was one that Keb broke!

Going back to the Ree Flores, I reckon it's earlier than it's often given credit for.

Dave

link

Tony got it right. it was the Vonettes.

Hippo, what was the Pusseycats cover up?

Social source share

Tony got it right. it was the Vonettes.

Hippo, what was the Pusseycats cover up?

link

£20 record Mikey (Miller Sisters) Gene put me onto it couple of years ago & I played it @Soul In The City a few times.

Are you going Valatone saturday ?

Dave G

Social source share

've got that on CD haven;'t I? Is that the one with the ruff sound quility and kebbie mumbling away in a foreign language.

link

Yes, taped with my trust old cassete recorder - they were quaint machines made redundant before you were born, James

"foreign language" for Keb that would be the Queen's English then!

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

£20 record Mikey (Miller Sisters) Gene put me onto it couple of years ago & I played it @Soul In The City a few times.

Are you going Valatone saturday ?

Dave G

link

Not sure. Depends on how drunk I get at Brentford. Maybe for a few hours early on.

Well worth the £20 if you like stompers.

Social source share

Guest Leigh J

Betty Turner on Crescent

link

I turned One Of these down At Morecombe, 9 Quid ,Off The Record Dealer Who Looked Like The Geezer Out of Scritti Politti. :wicked::lol:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Yes, taped with my trust old cassete recorder - they were quaint machines made redundant before you were born, James

"foreign language" for Keb that would be the Queen's English then!

link

cassete recorder? :wicked: My dad used to have one of those in his car I think. :lol:

Social source share

Guest Leigh J

"That was the Pusseycats, which is really the garble garble, ###ing thebv  guaranteed."

And then watch as loads of lads would huddle together while one rushed up to find out what it was in English  :wicked:

ps I think the one I'm thinking of was the Miller Sisters, - you're love is guaranteed. 100 mile an hour  :lol:

link

In A Scottish Accent;

'This Is Little John Alias Jimmy Raye And One You should All Know Buy Now'

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: Happy F****N Days

Social source share

What about Keb's old Jimmy Rare cover up (Littel John)? "Just Wait And See". Has that been played much since the mid 80s? I've seen it on a couple of playlists, but not very reguarly? :shades:

link

Shit Rare Thats Why,Was Pressed Though,

Correct Me If Im Wrong But Was This On 'Gogate' ,Same As The Other Keb Spin 'Trent Sisters A Letter A Day' I Havnt Heard This Since Stafford.

link

Yeah it's on Gogate. Who got Keb's old copy? Someone told me it was a bit trashed? (makes a change for a Keb record! :lol:   :P )

Haha, it took Keb ages to remember the Trent Sisters thing a couple of weekends ago at Wrighty's party after he'd drunk a bottle of JD. It was like he was trying to have a dump for about an hour, as he tried to squeeze the knowledge out of his head. lol! :P   :lol:

link

Little John, heard it on and off over the years but not with any regularity. Carl Fortnum plays it out these days.

Trent Sisters heard the odd time but not for a good few years. Probably totally forgotten or even unknown to the magority these days.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Few I'm looking forward to hearing if at all possible.....

Spidells - Pushed Out Of The Picture

Little Charles - It's A Heartache

Lee Bates both of 'em..

Limelights - Don't Leave Me Baby

M&M & The Peanuts - The Phillie.....great cheapie (just picked a nice clean copy up even cheaper :lol: )

Matt Brown - Sweet Thing

and to finish off a real slowie......

Faye Crawford - What Have I Done Wrong :shades:

Social source share

I'm 99% certain Johnny Maestro was not played at Stafford, and only became big via Ady long after TOTW had closed!

William Cummings was played before Stafford, sure Butch said it turned up in'76/77??

link

ritchie andrew (on here) should have full score on johhny m, you out there ritchie??

Social source share

I'm 99% certain Johnny Maestro was not played at Stafford, and only became big via Ady long after TOTW had closed!

link

I'm not certain but sure I've got Johnny Maestro on a Stafford live tape, Ady playing it. Will try and dig it out. Know it was a 100 Club monster around that time, maybe bit after Stafford had closed??? C'mon Ady put us out of our misery :shades:

Edited by chalky
Social source share

I'm not certain but sure I've got Johnny Maestro on a Stafford live tape, Ady playing it.  Will try and dig it out.  Know it was a 100 Club monster around that time, maybe bit after Stafford had closed???  C'mon Ady put us out of our misery  :D

link

I'm sure I heard it at Stafford too, but I thought it was Ian Clarke who spun it.

Social source share

Dont remember this, sounds interesting, thought I did remember record with same title by Headliners played by Keb, another false memory from me?? Anyone remember ?

Cheers

Jockl

link

JOCK SEE THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE BELLY GETS TO BIG,

COULD YOU PM ME YOGIs NUMBER, lost last phone with it on it,

DEREK

Social source share

After listening to the live sessions over the weekend there was one clip thats been bugging me for two days...could I hell as like remember. Just been put out of my misery by a mate......Ernest Sparks - I'll Be Glad - Soul O Sonic. Not very often thats heard out nowadays.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

After kistening to the live sessions over the weekend there was one clip thats been bugging me for two days...could I hell as like remember.  Just been put out of my misery by a mate......Ernest Sparks - I'll Be Glad - Soul O Sonic.  Not very often thats heard out nowadays.

link

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert