Ernie & Ed - Indication - Jay Boy

Quinvy

I've just put this up in the wants section, I quite like it and I was going to have a bid in John's auction.... But my idea of it's value must be way out?....I thought about a ton?......What do you think....I don't have any British stuff so I have no idea of values.....but I asked around, and was told around the ton.....it's double that now... :thumbup:

Phil.

Social source share

• Replies 24
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've just put this up in the wants section, I quite like it and I was going to have a bid in John's auction.... But my idea of it's value must be way out?....I thought about a ton?......What do you think....I don't have any British stuff so I have no idea of values.....but I asked around, and was told around the ton.....it's double that now... :thumbup:

Phil.

I think you'd be nuts to pay £100 for it. Last one I had I sold for £60 - admittedly I could have sold it 3 times but there's only really one Jayboy rarity and it isn't this one.

Social source share

I've just put this up in the wants section, I quite like it and I was going to have a bid in John's auction.... But my idea of it's value must be way out?....I thought about a ton?......What do you think....I don't have any British stuff so I have no idea of values.....but I asked around, and was told around the ton.....it's double that now... :D

Phil.

Hi Phil,usually about a ton.Absolute stormer.Uk only as JM says,other sides in the club classic style,still very good.

Again JM comes up trumps with his auction,how does he do it?.not saying what i paid tho' :thumbup: .

Wonder if a Loadstone copy will ever turn up?,,KEV. :lol:

Social source share

Phil.

Just been and had a look, £193 - good grief! :lol:

I got one of these off UK ebay for 50 about 3 months ago, nobody else bid. I thought when they were changing hands at a ton it would only be while it was in-demand then the price would drop back.

Anyone able to put a figure on how rare it actually is?

Social source share

I don't think it sold much if anything on it's release, so would think it's reasonably scarce. I've not seen it go for more than £125 for issue or demo, but you know what John's auction prices are like. Been getting quite a bit of play over the last year. Maybe it's beginning to catch on more.

Social source share

Tremendous record. Maybe Eddie & Ernie's best uptempo effort, but like others say, not really rare in the least.

Does anyone have a soundfile of the alternate version released on the Kent CD Northern Soul's Classiest Rarities Volume 3?

Just buy it, you'd love it, mid-tempo and much more soulful and great quality.

There'll never be a Loadstone, WC Stone did the deal with JayBoy changing their name because they were under contract elsewhere in the States.

Social source share

There is definetly better records on this great underrated british logo and i THINK30-50 QUID would be a fair punt!!!

BAZ A

'Trying to get back to you girl' knocks it into a cocked hat. Cleethorpes magic.

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Hi Phil,usually about a ton.Absolute stormer.Uk only as JM says,other sides in the club classic style,still very good.

Again JM comes up trumps with his auction,how does he do it?.not saying what i paid tho' whistling.gif .

Wonder if a Loadstone copy will ever turn up?,,KEV. :yes:

bought a mint demo 6 moths ago for £50 :g:

Social source share

BLOODY TYPICAL..... BOUGHT ONE OF THESE FOR TEN BOB BACK IN THE NINETIES, USED TO PLAY IT OUT AND ABOUT ROUND SOUTH YORKSHIRE, OF COURSE NOBODY ROUND HERE WANTED TO KNOW, SO SOLD IT ON FOR 20 ODD QUID. QUIDS IN EH! :lol::( .

what our bri ommitted to say is that we bought it 3 times in the 90s and never paid

more than 3 quid for it. i find both sides mediocre at best and thats why we never

kept it. their columbia 45 doggone it is better IMVHO. usually demos but well worth a punt

snap em up :Dwink.gif

dave

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert